1. Uh, I have yet to turn on the heat in this house and it is FREEZING. It’s like 51 degrees in here currently. But I’m holding out hope that it’s not going to stay this cool for much longer, and you know, I looooathe being hot. However, do you know how cold it is? It’s so cold that the butter I set out last night to soften? Um, not softening. Like barely at all. It’s ridiculous. Also reminds me of the year my husband and I started dating and he and his friend had a competition to see who could last the longest without turning on the heat. Talk about a nightmare.
2. I’ve been having a major freakout over this cake since last night. Ugh. So gorgeous! So delicious! So chocolatey. I gotta make it happen.
3. Today I almost did something horrifying. Which reminded me of the time a few years ago when I actually did said horrifying thing. I came out of the gym, went to my car, and got inside. Only to realize that IT WASN’T MY CAR. It was the exact same make, same color, same everything until I got inside and it had a window ornament and reeked of cigarette smoke. I almost died. I also have done something similar multiple times, like grabbing on the door handle and wondering OMG why won’t the door open, I’m hitting “unlock!”… only to realize again it wasn’t my car. But only once was the car unlocked and did I get inside. What does this say about me?
4. Hello. Is this even serious? I don’t think I will ever be able to “x” out of that window. Ever. EVER.
5. My husband is obsessed with Adele’s new James Bond song, Skyfall, which isn’t totally surprising since he’d like to be BFFs with Daniel Craig and is a huge Bond fan. Except that it is really surprising because now I have caught him listening to other Adele songs two more times, which is huge since last year he looked at me and was like “why do you like these ah-deel-lee songs. who the heck is ah-dee-lee. is it some rapper? this stuff is terrible.” I am so not making that up.
6. Since he loves Bond stuff so much, it makes me wish it was easier to splurge on this perfume I’ve been obsessing about for six months or so. I haven’t found a new perfume I love in ages, and while I adore my favorites, I am craving something new. Mostly out of boredom. There is just NO WAY I can justify the cost of that perfume. I mean, who (or what) do I think I am?
7. I want to marry this season. Like the season of autumn. The month of October. Could I BE any more irritating?
8. Obviously, I’m back on a Friends binge at night. Like it’s stopping me from sleeping. Like I’m getting 4-5 hours a night. Like I basically am a walking zombie.
9. If you watch Homeland, you may agree with me and be dying a little over Seth Meyer’s most recent tweet. If you don’t watch Homeland, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? No, just kidding. I don’t mean it. My husband refuses to watch it because he can’t take Claire Danes’ mental breakdowns… aka her AMAZING ACTING. Can you tell this is sort of a touchy subject in our house?
10. With less than 30 days until I turn 30, let’s discuss the 32 best things about being an adult. #1 has definitely always been on my mind. Seriously. That might have been the first thing I did when I could 1. drive and 2. live on my own. Oh and while we’re at it, how true are these 32 embarrassing things you do when you live alone? I don’t live alone per se, but my husband spends such a good chunk of time on the road that I basically do live alone. I can totally concur.
11. Finally, just follow your dreams. I know it’s annoying and hard, but you should probably do it anyway.
40 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
About #3… I HAVE DONE THAT!! My boyfriend and I came out of a grocery store (to our credit, we were in a hurry), got in the car, and… it wouldn’t start. And the leather was suddenly tan instead of gray. And there was mysterious art in the back seat. I’ve never gotten out of a car so fast in my entire life.
My husband had to MAKE me watch the first episode of Homeland because I was convinced I wasn’t going to like it. 12 hours later? I finished Season One. I’m obsessed.
um…I was just reading that Ryan Gosling thing like, literally, 2 minutes ago. That beard in the notebook still gets me, every time.
please tell me you read the article on there about being afraid of everything? that is me, totally.
and welcome back to friends reruns and no sleep :) i’ve been on this schedule for months!
I did! And you are SO on. It was me exactly.
Getting into someones car, omg. That sounds about on par (on the embarrassing scale) with being 5 years old and walking up to/grabbing the hand of a lady you thought was your mom but is actually a stranger. WORST feeling ever.
Yeahhhhh…I’m not x’ing out of that Ryan Gosling site ever. Sorry, boyfriend. You’ll just have to cope with this one.
Um, I still remember calling my kindergarten teacher “grandma.” I still get horrified.
I did the same thing a year ago!!! I went to my same make, model, and color car. Got in behind the wheel and just as I was about to start the car a lady breast feeding her baby in the back seat said “Ummm excuse me. What are you doing?” I almost had a heart attack!!! How she didn’t freak out more over a stranger getting into her car I have no idea. I bought a license plate frame from my college so that’s what I always look for before approaching. Knock on wood, no other car mixups have happened since.
HOLY CRAP. I would have died.
I have always loved the links in “tuesday things”…today’s gosling link has made me a follower forever. uggghhh now i’ll NEVER be able to get back to work!
Your link to the embarassing things we do when we live alone is not correct. It goes to the other one. Can you repost the correct link?
Oops sorry – fixed!
That is too funny with the butter. I just texted a friend yesterday to say it’s so cold in my house that after 4 hours the butter hadn’t softened yet. But, I will hold out as long as possible!!
I totally said the last sentence of #7 in my head in Chandler’s voice before the Friends reference…love it.
i just laughed really loudly at #5… at work.
Ugh. Getting into someone else’s car. I’ve done that. I went to the store with my mother and she dropped me off right outside the door. Going in for a small item I figured she waited for me in the same spot – walked outside and over to the blue car sitting there and opened the door…but found someone other than my mom. Next thing I hear my mom honking…looked to see her hysterically laughing and me apologizing profusely. Go me.
I LOVE BOND perfume. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Scent of Peace (which we also call centipede) is A-MAAAA-ZING. I want so many. I love Michael Kors Grapefruit and his signature. And always Chanel (Chance and No5).
I’m obsessed with that cake too, I can’t stop looking at it. I feel like I would make a huge mess trying to pour that caramel on!
#2 – yum!!! But, can you simplify the recipe for those of us who are not that talented at baking/decorating?
As the wife of a guy that travels for work also, the living alone thought catalog had me in stitches!! Some are so true, but so so wrong. hah! Not even going to shout out any #’s on that one. Way to embarrassing.
I laughed so hard at your story about getting in the wrong car. That must have been awkward! Thank you so much for bring the R.G. clips into my life. It was probably unnatural how much joy the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse clip brought me. But I remembered back to when I was a teen and watched that rather than being 30-something so it didn’t feel as dirty.
Ugh, the living alone TC resonated with me… and I don’t even live alone. Hello, interview questions. I am cool.
I saw that Chasing Delicious Cake last night and was like hubba hubba. Come to mama! I want it!
And don’t worry about the car thing. I’ve walked into the wrong house (apartment) . Long hallways, dark corridors, and walked into the wrong unit before. This was years ago. Thankfully it hasnt happened ever again :)
You’ve turned me onto THought Catalog SO FREAKING BAD. Like, I almost want to not be friends with you because you’re such a bad influence on my non-existent time management skills now. Not really, but you get it.
Oh, the Bond No. 9 perfumes are totally worth the money. Just treat yourself. I mean, really, you are doing your husband a favor. Because if you are like me, you regularly get caught up cooking, watching trash tv, pretending to clean, hanging out with the dogs, facebook stalking, organizing and recorating virtually via pinterest, and loads of other things. None of which involve taking a shower and prettying yourself up for your husband. Or maybe you shower, but then you start looking on pinterest for new techniques to curl your hair with forks or socks or aluminum foil or some other crazy household item, and next thing you know you look like you stuck your finger in an electric socket. But, have no fear, you can spritz on some Bond No 9 perfume, and he will be so enchanted with the smell, that he won’t notice the disaster you and the house are.
If that didn’t convince you to splurge on the Bond No 9, run to Nordstrom and check out the Jo Malone perfumes. You will be happy.
I had to commnent because this made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. So much so that my dog wandered over to see what the heck was wrong with me.
my husband and i watched the latest homeland last night. we were both shouting at the tv reasons why that text WOULD NOT WORK. EVER. we got past it though. that show is so great and at the same time stresses me out. i am a nervous wreck esp. after watching previews. i decided to bake my way through it last night with some chocolate chocolate chunk cookies. it’s a great way to take the edge off your fear of terrorism.
I always, always love your tuesday things posts. I mean your recipes too, but I can always count on you to make me laugh.
I have never gotten into someone else’s car but if it makes you feel better, I have walked up to someone I thought was my husband only to look him right in the face and awkwardly say ‘oh, I’m not married to you’. Yeah. My husband probably thinks I want to replace him. Although, once at a restaurant, he came back from the salad bar (he doesn’t eat vegetables, he was getting more mashed potatoes) and he sat down at a table across from another girl and I watched the whole thing happen and didn’t even stop him because I was doing the silent laugh and couldn’t even breathe…
So. There’s that.
I just read your perfume post and it cracked me up that we had all the same fave perfumes when we were kids and now I rotate between Burberry Brit and the prada! In fact the prada recently spilled in my cosmetic bag and I looooove that the whole thing smells like it now!
I’m just going to start a list of why our husband’s need to be friends. Right in your comments section.
345. Meeker loves Adele.
Is that a Moscow Mule on the top of this post? If so, love them! Happy 4th Anniversary!
It is! Thanks.
I just youtubed the reenacted notebook kiss and I think I almost died. Now I want them back together so bad!
Your car incident makes me laugh. Years ago we had a Chevy Tahoe with the barn doors on the back. I was leaving Giant Eagle with my cart full of groceries and couldn’t seem to get my key to work in the back of my car, so I just opened the door. As I’m loading all the bags in the back, I noticed some wrapping paper there that shouldn’t be and I froze. I looked up to the driver seat and there is an older man who’d been reading the newspaper, watching me the whole time! When he caught my eye in the rear view mirror, he said, “Load it on up, honey!” I was mortified. Thank goodness he had a good sense of humor, we had a laugh about it. My car was two spaces up hidden behind a giant van.
I saw that gooey cake last night too! Can’t wait to try it. Oh, and I totally read #7 in Chandler’s voice before I even read #8. Disturbing, yet amazing.
Haahaaaaa You KILL me!
I spent this morning catching up on my backlog of my favorite blogs and read this Tuesday Things post. Fast forward to this afternoon where I did the SAME EXACT car thing! I tried to get into the drivers side of a Honda Odyssey MINI VAN. Hello. My name is Alexandra and I drive a CR-V. I’ve never driven an Odyssey. Much less a mini van.
Worst part is that my husband witnessed the whole thing so, of course. I won’t be living this moment down for oh…the next few months?!
RE 1: I overheard my dad (who i live with) tell someone that he would be thrilled if we never put the heat on in the house. And when he first started dating my mom that he had never turned the heat on in his apartment in the two years that he lived there.
OMG. Accent walls. Want one so bad – never bought paint in my life, though!
Also…I keep trying to convince my mom, the boy I date, anyone who will listen that it would be genius if my future hubby were to live in the other half of my duplex, or maybe next door, instead of actually with me. You know its a great idea, right?
Ha! I love your Tuesday Things posts! It makes me laugh out loud every week. So loud, in fact, my cats freak the eff out and hightail it to the back of the house. Also, I read your perfume post from last year, and I loved it! Ha! Sunflowers! Who didn’t wear that back in the day?!? I was also obsessed with Amber Romance & Love Spell from VS too. I can’t wear spray on perfumes any more (and haven’t been able to for years). They always give me a nasty headache and make me feel nauseated. Weird, I know! So, because of that, I wear perfume oil and have been wearing the same exact one ever since I was 13 years old (Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess). It is absolutely intoxicating, and I get complimented on it all.the.time. Sometimes, I’ll see some of my old friends/boyfriends and give them a hug, and more times than not I’ll hear a deep inhale then a comment like, “Aaaah…you smell the exact same! Don’t every change that.” It’s so distinct and it also sticks to things too, so whenever I got into fights/broke up with high school boyfriends I would put my perfume on, then wipe my wrists on their pillows/bedspreads/cars, etc. so they would have no choice but to think about me. Ha! Sneaky, sneaky…
Just found your site. Love reading your posts and have pinned numerous yummy looking recipes and I’m just 15 minutes in. Going to make the heart attack pierogi casserole next weekend. Shoot! I thought maybe you could at least order a candle of that perfume. $95 dollars just for that! I hope it burns for… forever!!! at that price.
I see you and your site being just as famous as the Pioneer Woman. Thanks for all the great recipes and the laughs to go along.