1. Over the weekend I bought some girl scout cookies for the first time in maybe five years? It’s been forever since I had them. And all I could think of was… “do they seriously still not accept credit cards?!” Internet generation problems.
2. Speaking of internet generation problems, two weeks ago I sat in a drive-thru line at Rite Aid for over 20 minutes just to pick up a prescription. Because I was too lazy to park, get out of the car and walk inside. I probably could have saved 15 minutes+ had I sucked it up and done the latter. Embarrassing, but I can’t not tell you everything.
3. These irish cream hot fudge cupcakes are one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen.
4. Over the years I’ve expressed my sadness over celebrity breakups, because I mean aren’t they supposed to last forever?! And I saw those pictures of them on that magazine while waiting in line at the grocery store and… and… they just looked so happy. I mean, why couldn’t you just make it work Michelle Williams and Jason Segel? I had such high hopes. Oh oh but now that Rachel McAdams is single again let’s start the Ryan Gosling petition. We all know they belong together.
5. May get a lot of hate for this but I… don’t… like… Downton… Abbey. Not at all. Can’t do it. Can’t get into it. Not a fan. Not my cup of tea. (ha.)
6. In other TV news, my husband is OBSESSED with this show called Bar Rescue. No really – obsessed. Like he is DVRing it and watching reruns. And he tells me that Nashville is trash? What the what? I’ve never seen anything so gross and cheesy.
7. Oh and Girls? I don’t know. I understand why they had to take Hannah in that direction but so suddenly? Confusion city. And isn’t she 24? Sometimes I feel like her behavior is believable for 20-21 years old, but 24? Whaaaat. I also am dealing with the odd realization that Adam is my favorite character. Like ever. More Adam please. So weird.
8. This coconut kahlua skillet cake? It’s being made.
9. Um, over the weekend I discovered candy crush? What a freaking ripoff. What a freaking, addictive ripoff. It’s been a good 1.5 years since I’ve been sucked into an iPhone game and well, I am not a happy camper. You know you have an issue when you actually consider buying an extra set of lives for $16.99.
10. Okay. Grocery store lessons. Waiting in the self-checkout line for 10 minutes behind a… “not technology literate”… person with a cart stuffed to the brim should be rewarded by life. Especially after that cart has been emptied and they whip out a giant stack of coupons, in which every other coupon reads ERROR! and requires help on a busy Sunday afternoon. You should probably not move to the self-checkout line next to you, because that person most likely also has their own giant stack of coupons, and then you’re stuck for another 10 minutes while you watch three or four people breeze through the line you were originally in. I think the lesson is if you need to learn patience, go to the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon and stand in the self-checkout line.
11. I am 30 years old and at least once a week, talk in quotes from Mean Girls. I guess things could be worse? Probably not.
106 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Oh my gosh! That cupcake is one masterpiece!! Thanks for sharing, Jessica :)
AHHHH, I was watching “Girls” on Sunday and thinking “I cannot WAIT to see what Jessica writes about this episode.”
It was personally one of my faves of the season because I have missed Shoshanna recently and thought everything she did in this episode was so like her and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT ADAM. I admit, i thought he was psycho in the beginning but now I am all aboard that train.
Also, I’m pretty sure you are lying about number 9…what about Temple Run?
1. I hate Downton Abbey. I tried to start watching it and fell asleep on the first episode after 10 minutes. I wanted to cry for those 10 minutes because I was so bored.
2. Adam reminds me of Big Foot. Did he play Big Foot ever? All I think when I see him is Big Foot.
3. What’s wrong with quoting Mean Girls? I thought it was normal….
My husband loves bar rescue too, it’s interesting until he watches every.episode.ever. in one Saturday
Bar Rescue is awesome! My boyfriend “discovered” it and it’s like one of the few shows we can actually agree on to watch. I hope you watch it with your husband.
One of my favorite lines from Girls – “You can’t dress like a magician’s assistant for that much longer.”
I’m so sad there are only 2 more episodes left :(
Yes to number 5. Im totally with you. And about 7, i was totally confused by Hannah but LOVED the rest of the episode. Loved! Shosh is my fave.
We tried to watch Downton Abbey. Alas, neither one of us liked it either, just couldn’t get into it, couldn’t understand the fuss. So glad I’m not alone on this! I felt like if I said it out loud I might get stoned or something ;-)
no downton?! you’re crazy :). I am, and always have been, obsessed with period dramas so downton is totally my kind of thing. I can see how you wouldn’t like it if that wasn’t your thing.
It’s probably for the better that they don’t accept credit cards or else I would be in TROUBLE!
I just watched “GIrls”. Usually I’ve already read your blog, but today I watched it first and then had to check your blog to see what you thought of it. I enjoyed the episode, I enjoyed catching up with all the other characters especially since over the last few weeks it’s predominately Hannah, Hannah, Hannah. But, I have to agree with you about Adam, he is my favourite character! I adore him. I just want to see more of him, and I’m afraid this weeks episode was a bit of a closure for us seeing him move on and we won’t get as much of him anymore. I really hope he stays in it.
Long comment, apologies!
There is a solution to the girl scout cookies and credit card problem. One of the girl scout dads that I work with uses Square, so we all just pay him by credit card and he then he only has to write 1 check for all of the girl scout cookies.
Some councils are trying out the credit card thing, but they’re making the troops pay the fee. When you’re making around 50 cents a box, it’s tough. You’re stuck hoping to have a huge increase in sales to cover it.
I thought I was the only one who disliked Downton Abbey!!! I’ve tried but it was soooooooooooo boring. Not even Maggie Smith’s snark could save it.
Something you may not know about Girl Scouts and their wonderful Cookies. Each Girl Scout troop is responsible for how many cookies they order in advance of the sales so and when the cookies arrive each and every box of cookie must be accounted for financially and the troop alone must pay the baking company for them independently. It is a lesson in business and economics for each individual troop. If they accept credit or .debit cards, fees would occur above and beyond the cost of the cookies and the troop would then have to have a car wash or something to pay that bill. So you see cash and checks (which can also present a problem) are the best.
OK people. I have to save all of your from yourselves. Buy the Downton set and watch 4 or 5 in a row and I dare you not to be hooked. My husband was bored the first couple of episodes but once you get into it, it is addictive. Promise!
bar rescue, had to watch a marathon with the boy on sunday. why? why? it is pretty great when the guy screams at the owners for letting their bar waste away though!
Love your site, but disagreeing on the Downton thing. It’s incredible and can’t wait til Season 4. Give it another chance!
I’m with you on Downton Abbey. Just didn’t like it, and the music was annoying. Oddly, though, I LOVED Albert Nobbs (same period, same topic). It’s available on Netflix. Glenn Close is amazing in it. She plays a woman “passing” as a man in order to be a butler and have a better life
My husband loooooves Bar Rescue! I feel bad because I make him watch so many of my shows, so I let him watch this when I am around. I think the only reason to watch that show is for the crazy expressions John Taffer makes. Sometimes it looks like his eyes are going to bulge out of his head! Yes, I know it is sad that I know the host’s name.
haha let’s not count the times i’ve said “boo, you whore” because i’m sure it’s a ridiculous amount. even more ridiculous? i hope i’m still saying it when i’m a grandma :)
I just watched all three seasons of Downton Abbey and I could not watch it fast enough. I LOVE that show. It’s smart, it’s funny and Maggie Smith’s sarcastic wit makes me laugh out loud. But I’m not a fan of shows like Girls so we balance each other out.
At least your a female and quote Mean Girls. My husband quotes it and Bring It On (remember that one?) almost daily. And yet he complains at my girly tv habits. I don’t understand. I mean clearly he is quoting the holy grail of teen chick flicks and I have actually caught him watching both of the aforementioned movies on ABC family without my urging.
Not sure if it is sadder that we also can hold entire conversations in Home Alone quotes….
I never get addicted to an iPhone game for more than like a week but I have been on candy crush for weeeeks. It’s a huge time suck and very sneaky how they make you pay .99 for each additional ‘world’ (after a certain point) because obviously YOU HAVE TO. Guh. I won’t even say what level I’m on cause its embarrassing.
What?! Michelle Williams and Jason Segel broke up?! NOOOO I loved them together, how did I not know this! I get way too involved with hollywood relationships as well, I mean they’re just more exciting than real life…
It’s Wednesday and I’m wearing pink. It’s not coincidental, either.
About nr 4: I’m sorry but no, no, no! News of Ryan Gosling dating girls other than ourselves should NOT be allowed. Because, lets face it, we all have the hidden desire to be involved in a street fight in NY only in the hope that he will break it and then marry us…*sigh* :-)
PS: Love your blog!
I hate #11. Rather, I hate being a victim to it. It just happened to the hubs and I last Sunday afternoon!
i was sad to see Michelle Williams and Jason Segal break up too… They really did seem perfect together. And all the cute pictures of them out with Michelle’s daughter melted my heart. Other thing, Candy Crush is terrible. Everyone I know that plays it is completely addicted. Tell all your friends to avoid. UGH. I love it tho.
CANDY CRUSH! THere was a good month and half where I couldn’t stop playing it! I got to the final level for the free version, then I had to delete it, it took up way too much time!
Right now I am really digging bubble mania!
is butter a carb?
Hahaha love number 4.
….and none for Gretchen Weiner.
I’m sighing with relief. I’m a Brit who couldn’t get into Downton Abbey – though my husband loved it! But then again, he doesn’t watch F1 and I love it.
Pingback: he’s warming up… | TheFaceBaby
My friend made me sit through two hours of Bar Rescue this afternoon. He said it was amazing. I got by because I was nursing cider. As for Girls, Adam IS amazing. Totally the best. His rant at the AA meeting a few episodes ago broke my heart. He’s amaze.. as Shoshana would say.
So you are the only person I “know” who watches Girls and Ive been waiting since Sunday (yes I know its Friday…I got busy) to have someone to discuss the weirdness of the Q-tip in the ear situation….what the what?
Adam is totally my favorite character now too, which I don’t know how that happened either, since in most of the 1st season he made my skin crawl. But now I cannot get enough.
Also, inevitably, when deciding between two checkout lines, the other line will always move faster. No matter what.
Michelle Williams achieved recognition for her role as Jen Lindley on the The WB television teen drama Dawson’s Creek, which she played from 1998 to 2003. Williams graduated to full-length features, including Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), her first mainstream film,,*-..
Most up to date post straight from our own website <http://caramoan.ph/index.php