1. I am dyyyyyying to make this chocolate stout beer. I would never have the patience but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.
2. Want to know something weird? You guys know I’m a lover of fiction but I hate when technology like Facebook is written in. Why? I’m so dumb. I mean, I’m pretty sure the Fbook (feel free to replace “face” with your other favorite f word) is around to stay. Maybe because I just wish it would disappear forever? That would be lovely.
3. I think we are going to see the Oz movie tonight. Was it terrible? I have a major girl crush on Rachel Weisz. Which is odd because my husband has a major guy crush on Daniel Craig. Our crushes got married! That’s annoying.
4. My mind is blown over this blueberry maple ice cream soda. I would have never come up with such a fab idea. I want her brain.
5. Is anyone else’s fascination with Justin Timberlake out of control? What is this, 1999? We should start a club.
6. We’ve come to that time of year again where I feel it necessary to announce how daylight savings has saved my life. It gives me, like, three extra hours to work and it is wonderful.
7. Oh! I broke down and got a pair of the wedge sneakers (in black). I’m pretty sure I look like a giant a-hole. I’m pretty sure my husband won’t ever be seen in public with me if I wear them. I’m pretty sure they have to go back. Wah. Actually, they are still sitting in the box and maybe if I play with them some more, I can figure out how to not look like a total tool? Probably not.
8. I lovedlovedloved this past episode of Girls, besides the fact that Hannah’s utter grossness is becoming a bit too much to handle. Her crazy ways are one thing and can be slightly relatable, but I don’t know anyone, nor have I ever, that is just that… gah-ross. Also: bone to pick. The whole Shoshanna and Ray thing? I don’t get it. One episode you’re saying you’re in love and the next you’re making out with someone else? So were you just throwing the word around? If you’re really falling in love everyone knows how amazing and fun and WOW that feeling is and the last thing you’re thinking of is making out with someone else, right? I’m so confused. And my secondhand embarrassment for Marnie was unreeeeal.
9. I am so, so insanely in love with Connie Britton (hence my obsession with Nashville) and last week a reader shared this with me: 16 reasons everyone loves Connie Britton. Obsessed. My personal favorite is probably #8 because uh, I hate being called a lady.
10. (Also, if you know me at all you know I’m anything BUT a lady. Unfortunately.)
11. Cadbury mini eggs will be the death of me. The end. Tell me something fun?
105 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I am right by your side on the JT club with pom poms and smelling salts at the ready. Oh man, if only…One day I’ll tell you my Jessica and Justin story. Oh my.
Daylight savings time is not my friend. Just sayin’. Getting up at 4am instead of 5? Nope, not feeling it. But that’s just me.
I’m debuting in an opera this weekend and suddenly all my body wants me to eat is Ramen. I’m currently convincing myself that it’s good for my throat. Like soup, right? Sure….
I am right there with you on the Cadbury mini eggs and JT, OBSESSED WITH BOTH.
I want to go see Oz! Let us know what you think!
YES WEDGE SNEAKERS. I’m so into them its embarrassing. I’m still pondering which pair to buy–has to be the perfect pair. (maximum obnoxiousness aka HELLO COMFORT!) Next purchase: leather leggins? peplum everything?
I completely get your take regarding that Shoshanna incident on Girls—but that doorman was HOT! And Hannah is so nasty. That Q-tip incident was all kinds of unnecessary and her OCD is annoying and I can’t believe she walked around the city with a dingy green shirt and no pants on.
wanna make a trade? I will make the beer, you send me something delicious and homemade?
#8: I don’t know if I was more scarred by Marnie’s train wreck performance or Hannah’s train wreck life. Regardless, I won’t be physically able to bring a q-tip anywhere near my ear for at least a week.
I’m currently sitting in the longest, most boring meeting ever… And now I want Cadbury mini eggs. Boo.
I totally agree with you on the Girls episode. Hannah is overdoing it and Marnie was just awful..
i literally picked up and put back a pair of wedge sneakers about 7 times on my last target trip. i can’t deciiiiiiide! so cool, yet so terrible! all at once.
Justin Timberlake: I have watched his movie In Time 3 times in one week. Why? I can’t figure that out, because it isn’t THAT great of a movie, but, hey, JT is in it, so I guess there’s my answer.
And I don’t know if this counts as “something fun” or just something weird, but I am washing my hands like a bajillion times a day right now to use up my Gingerbread hand soap from BBW. Firstly, because I want to eat my hands afterwards, and secondly, because of Daylight Savings TIme I feel like anything remotely Christmas-y must go away.
Totally obsessed with JT after watching Saturday Night Live (last night). How stinkin’ talented is this guy? Oh I’m just going to host and perform on SNL, no biggie. And YES Nashville – I love them all! And NOw I’ll go learn why I should love Connie Britton even more.
I may OD on Whopper Eggs before I even get near Cadbury minis. Sigh.
i KNOW with the whole Justin Timberlake thing! He’s not new anymore hello? I will give him credit for really making a household name for himself but yeah it’s a little overkill. Ooo You’ll have to somehow weasel in your next posts if you liked the Oz movie! I love Rachel Weiz too! She’s awesome! That beer sounds cool but I think I’m too impatient to wait the allotted time for it! =) Thanks for sharing! Have a rocking day!
I am, too, obsessed with Connie Britton. So thank you so much for that link and I CANNOT wait until the next episode of Nashville.
#7 is the greatest thing ever written on the internet.
You totally deserve a magnet for that.
Until I got to #9.
Have you had the dark chocolate mini eggs? Ridiculous.
I hoard mini-eggs during Easter season, then hide them from myself. Throughout the rest of the year it is the greatest surprise in the world when I suddenly stumble across a hidden package of mini-eggs! They’re the best thing that ever happened to my mouth.
So I just commented on your photo of the mini eggs on Fbook (yes, I did replace the face with my favorite f-word) and THEN i read your post. Sooooooooo, I’m going to comment on your actual blog so I don’t feel like a jerk. The mini eggs came out so early this year, it’s like they are trying to kill us all. What a wonderful way to go.
Ah! GIRLS! Why didn’t she put pants on!? I can handle most of her gross downward spiral, but leaving the house without pants? Nope. And Marnie…
Also. Those mini eggs…I can’t stop!
P.S. Should we somehow mix them with bacon?
something fun…my husband and I’ll have been married 6 months officially on Friday :) which is also pay day. Which means this week is awesome.
Also, I ate a bag full of the cadbury mini eggs between last night and about 10:30 this morning. don’t grocery shop hungry!
Hubby and I saw Oz on the weekend and we both loved it! I have a total girl crush on Mila Kunis. Strangely enough (and i’m not sure why), I’ve never been a fan of Michelle Williams… until this movie!
OZ was wonderful. Although, it was a bit more scary than I was ready for. I was not prepared for how many times it made me jump.
I’m honestly not a candy person (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE baked goods) but I could seriously eat an entire bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs. I. AM. OBSESSED.
I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs. Also my death. And I would have been just fine to rent Oz.
Can’t stop eating the cadbury mini eggs. CAN NOT STOP. And yeah, man, Cindy’s pancake is a drinkable dream. It’s just the truth.
P.S. Ah! I’m scared of Q-Tips now. Hannah’s compulsive wedgie-picking was also redonk.
Ha! Pancake Float, I mean!
Love the show Girls, but it’s getting so confusing and awkward… yet I keep watching it week after week.
Enjoy Oz!! Just don’t compare it to the original Wizard of Oz – appreciate it as a totally separate movie and you’ll like it.
Cadbury minis = Classssssic.
omg i am obsessed with cadbury mini eggs. i wait all year for them but then i eat wayyyy too many.
but hey! you got through a whole tuesday things without a thought catalog link :)
Okay OZ was amazeballs. Seriously, hilarious. Also, what book are you reading?? I might actually tweet you because I think we’re reading the same thing…. weird…
Will you send a link to your sneakers?!
being called ma’am is worse than lady.
it can be insulting.
Ummmmm… I am currently listening to the new Justin cd streaming non-stop on iTunes, WHILE wearing my black wedge sneakers.
I kid you not. So weird.
I thought I was the only one kinda okay with DST. I feel like I am able to get up easier but last night was dragging. I wanted to go to bed at like 7pm. So…maybe I don’t like it as much as I thought…
I love JT. He can do no wrong. I wonder if he has struck up a deal with the devil though since he is just so talented in so many different areas. Can’t be right.
Girls has in fact redeemed itself this past week but I am not a fan of the new Hanna, and I was utterly embarrassed for Marnie!
Your JT 1999 comment made me guffaw, out loud. AMAZING. I will be the first to join that club with you; for some reason, his hotness quotient skyrocketed once he started wearing a wedding ring. Weird, but true.
Wedge sneakers. I’m so out of it that I live in flipflops or running shoes year round. I need to see pics of you in action in them!
And the hungrygirl blueberry drink – the minute that popped up in my reader yesterday, first thought was, Jessica is going to be all over this! :)
Just dropped a significant amount of cash on the Jay-Z and JT concert in Hershey. Because….I.can’t.stop.listening. My teen self is so happy with me.
um #2. YES. Why does that annoy me so much!????? I hate it. I don’t think social media should ever be mentioned in fiction. Except in You’ve Got Mail. It’s ok because AOL is virtually obsolete.
Maybe that’s why I didn’t appreciate that movie until like 2005!
omg, me too.
Regarding Girls…..I agree that Hannah is way out of control. HOWEVER, doesn’t it solidify the fact that Hannah and Adam kind of belong together? They can live their weirdo lives together.
yeah i’m dying for them to get back together, even though i like him too much for him to be with such a disaster.
Two things…I saw a lady wearing wedge sneakers the other day at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and she looked ridiculous. Sorry. BUT…she was at least my age (I’m 42) so I’m sure you could pull it off. 42 year olds should not wear those. No. Also, I have a girl crush on Eva Mendez. That is all. :)
Up to this point my husband has actually enjoyed watching Girls but Hannah’s increasing grossness and the random flare up of OCD is losing him! Not to mention that I wanted the couch to swallow me up in the Marnie scene. What was she thinking??? Can Adam and Hannah just get back together now?
I LOVED Oz! I saw it in 3D… which I normally don’t love, but it was great! And OMG thanks a LOT for reminding me about those Cadbury chocolate egg things. Love those.
I (heart) you, but don’t with the wedge sneakers. Unless you are 12 or 15. Not in-between, not older, not younger. Just trust me on this, okay?
Connie Britton is mine. I saw her first.
I miss Jessa.
Carmex makes a lime chapstick that tastes JUST LIKE lime skittles. That’s my fun fact for you and I love your Tuesday Things post. The end.
i’ve tried it! i like it… but it’s a little waxy?
Ohmygosh Girls had me uncomfortable on every level. I don’t even know which storyline skeeved me out more. Can’t stop watching though, its so good! Also I agree, no wedge sneakers. There’s just no way to pull that off. I’m so glad you recognize.