No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes.
Are you sick of my banana infatuation yet?
I think I’ve pinpointed the exact time that I got hooked on banana desserts. When the Cheesecake Factory finally opened a location around us years ago, I remember the first flavor that my brother chose was banana cream. I was incredibly grossed out. Banana cream? What? Why? It just didn’t seem like anything I’d want in cheesecake form. Why would you want fruit in your cheesecake? Whyyyyyyy?
Then I took a bite.
Holy cow. To this day it is still one of my all-time favorite desserts. When I’m there, I’m constantly torn between ordering banana cream (because it’s probably my fave) and an obnoxious, inappropriate chocolate flavor because chocolate is just… me. I usually have to get both and have a few bites.
I think they need to do a banana cheesecake drenched in chocolate ganache. Will totally solve all my problems.
This banana cheesecake is slightly different from that famous one because, well… I’m lazy. I can barely be bothered to bake my cheesecake, mind you prepare a water bath and preventing crackage and doing all that high maintenance stuff that is required for the perfect cake made of cheese. That’s why I like to go the no-bake route. So much simpler and boom – you’re done. Sure, a bit of patience (which I never have) is required as you must sit and wait for your cheesecakes to set, but that’s okay because I don’t think anyone ever died while waiting for cheesecake to set.
Oh, except me. Almost. It’s just like the patience monster sneaks up out of nowhere and pulls my ears and kicks me and antagonizes me until I whine.
Again, I’m reeeeeeally fun to live with.
These cute little things can be made in jars – just like these no-bake goat cheese cheesecakes, sweet potato pie cheesecakes and chocolate covered strawberry cheesecakes. I put them in bourbon glasses (are these bourbon glasses? I don’t even know. I drink bourbon out of them so that’s what I call them.) to try and make them different yet still aesthetically appealing since I don’t have an endless supply of adorable jars in my arsenal. I’d really like an endless supply of adorable jars in my arsenal though soooo… maybe I’ll get on that.
Weekend plans: waste money on funny looking jars. What are yours?
No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream for serving
- graham crumbs for topping
- In a small bowl, mix together butter and graham crumbs until moistened. Press crumbs into the container of your choice (jar, ramekin, etc) with the back of a spoon.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese smooth, scraping down the sides when needed. Add in mashed banana and beat until completely combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly drizzle in the condensed milk and then the coconut milk, continuing to scrape down the sides until the mixture is very smooth. Add in vanilla extract and stir until combined. Place some sliced bananas on top of each graham crust, then pour the cheesecake mixture evenly into the 4 glasses or jars. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- To serve, top with whipped cream, extra sliced bananas and graham crumbs.
Pretty in love with these.