Say hello to my dinner last night.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

I TRIED. I tried to stay away. I tried to eat something more dinner-like. I had kale sitting on the counter to make chips. I had tortillas out for a quesadilla. I had a spoon in a peanut butter jar which is like, almost dinner.

But I also had leftover mini cheesecakes in my fridge.

What would you choose? Exactly.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

I mean, I tried to save it for dessert, but it was just pointless. I could think of nothing else but these creamy coconut cheesecakes in my fridge and how sad and lonely they looked sitting there on the shelf and how I should most definitely comfort one with a spoon.

So.

You see how that turned out.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Oh oh – and I made them with goat cheese. In case you missed the title way up there.

Tangy, creamy goat cheese. What do you think about that? Crazy, awesome, weird, amazing?

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Last week, while at an event with Dole, we were served some lemon goat cheese cheesecake after lunch at the Corkscrew Cafe that was so light and airy that it blew.my.mind. [Uh, there was also meyer lemon PIZZA. But that’s another story for another day.]

This isn’t AS light and airy… but it’s a little light and airy. Like, really just a little. Because it’s pretty freaking creamy. Weirdly enough, this dessert isn’t super sweet either. It’s silky and melts in your mouth, but it isn’t so sugary that it makes your teeth itch. Which, duh… is like the best kind of dessert ever.

But it’s okay. I’ll make a sacrifice for this.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

And people? This cheesecake does not taste like it came off a farm. I had ONE bad goat cheese experience (that nearly left me scarred) but I know that many of you have had them as well. Since you’re mixing the goat cheese with a handful of other ingredients, you get that token tang but not a whole ton of goat and farm and… whatever… flavor. I know, I know… I’ll stop.

The other best thing ever? This is EASY. I’m talking really easy. As in beat the ingredients together and pour them in a dish. No baking, no cheesecake cracking, no water bath, no covering up the top of your ugly cheesecake with a last-minute whipped cream since it looks like death. No stressing. Whip it together, pour it in a jar, set it in the fridge. The worst part is waiting for it to chill, buuuuut… that’s what the peanut butter jar is for.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

No-Bake Coconut Cream Goat Cheese Cheesecake

[adapted from martha stewart’s no bake cheesecake]

makes 6 (4-ounce jar) mini cheesecakes

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs

6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup canned coconut milk

1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes for topping

whipped cream or coconut whipped cream for topping

In a small bowl, mix together butter and graham crumbs until moistened. Press crumbs into the container of your choice (jar, ramekin, etc) with the back of a spoon.

In the bowl of an extract mixer, beat cream cheese and goat cheese until combined and smooth, scraping down the sides when needed. With the mixer on low speed, slowly drizzle in the condensed milk and then the coconut milk, continuing to scrape down the sides until the mixture is very smooth. Add in extracts and stir.

Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over top of crusts. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, then top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Serves one. I mean six.

138 Responses to “No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake.”

Lauren — July 17, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

You finally did it! You did a goat cheese dessert! I’ve been dying for you to come up with something like this! Whoo hoo! Can’t wait to make it! I’m sure it’s going to be perfect! (How annoying with all those exclamation points!)

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

I seriously had you in mind when I made it. Was going to come home and email you tonight!!

Erin @ erinberries — July 17, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

Ok that’s it. I’m salivating.

teri@managedmacros — July 17, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

IM-PRES-IVE!!! CANNOT wait to try!!!

purelymichelle — July 17, 2012 @ 9:24 pm

MUST make these, sound too good

Joanne — July 17, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

Like I said on Twitter. You are my hero.

Casey — July 17, 2012 @ 10:23 pm

I was so excited when I read the title, thinking it was cow dairy free. My son can’t have cow dairy and I try not to cook with it too often. But really, why would a toddler need to eat cheesecake anyhow? I’ll make this one just for me and he can chomp on the leftover goat cheese while it chills.

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

Honestly I’m thinking you could make it all with goat cheese, perhaps some powdered sugar and coconut milk? It may work!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — July 18, 2012 @ 12:26 am

Oh I would TOTALLY eat this for dinner!

Tessa @ Girl with a Teacup — July 18, 2012 @ 3:55 am

Love goat’s cheese. Love coconut. It’s a done deal!

Brittany — July 18, 2012 @ 6:42 am

LOVE!

Jan Bertolini — July 18, 2012 @ 7:05 am

xoxo.. love you, your energy, your enthusiasm and your love of food and drink! Perfection.

Uk Hil — July 18, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Jess if you are at home and haven’t thrown your herbs away – put the pots in a bucket of cold water and leave them for a week! ( or more) preferably in the shade.
    Don’t mess with them. Leave well alone!
    They may well rejuvenate themselves.
    One of my friends brings me ‘dead’ plants to sort out – I just leave them in a bucket of cold water – it normally works !

• Jessica — July 18th, 2012 @ 9:06 pm

Thank you so much Hilary! I will try this!

Natalie @ In Natalie's Shoes — July 18, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

Oh my! I’m a huge fan of goat cheese, but haven’t had it in dessert form. Sounds super easy and delish, can’t wait to try it!

Redd H from Salted Spoon — July 18, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

Oh my gosh this is like my dream dessert! I HAVE to make this!

Lauren — July 18, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

This looks awesome! Where did you get those little jars?

• Jessica — July 18th, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

Kohls! Food Network brand.

Mia — July 18, 2012 @ 4:11 pm

What texture does coconut milk have? I really hate coconuts, but I really love goat cheese, and I’m going to need to make this ASAP (before or after the white pizza dip? I don’t know), but with something substituted in.

• Jessica — July 18th, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

Coconut milk is just super creamy. It has no actual coconut in it. If it’s just the texture that bothers you, then you are good to go. If you don’t like the flavor, you may want to try something else, like a whole milk or heavy cream!

• Mia — July 18th, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

So it doesn’t really taste like coconut? That changes my whole life…

• Maddy — July 19th, 2012 @ 1:47 am

No it tastes just like coconut, just doesn’t have the texture. It’s very creamy and delicious!

Leslie Morgan — July 18, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

I need to know…where do you find the darn cute little glass jars for this lovely dessert?

• Jessica — July 18th, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

Kohl’s! They are Food Network brand.

• Marylyn Aceves — November 29th, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

I’ve looked for these little jars. Cannot find them. Where exactly did you find them in the Food Network?

Kate | Food Babbles — July 18, 2012 @ 8:14 pm

Hello dinner!! This is pure genius! I adore goat cheese. Then you put it in a dessert. I love you! I always like using goat cheese in unique places and this is one of those places. And your pictures are fantastic!!

• Jessica — July 18th, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

Thank you!!

Hannah — July 19, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

Looks so delish! I love goat cheese, condensed milk, cheesecake, etc….can’t wait to make this!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 20, 2012 @ 7:31 am

I am counting the days until I can eat goat cheese again… This cheesecake looks fabulous, and I love that it’s a no-bake version. Can’t wait to give this recipe a try :)

rose — July 21, 2012 @ 10:08 pm

i have a dairy goat farm will try this always hove lots of milk to use up thank you

liz — July 24, 2012 @ 10:27 pm

Tried this tonight. It was perfect! Seems ripe for layering with key lime or margarita pie for a really awesome late summer dessert.

Nikki — July 25, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

These look divine, can’t wait to try them! I love the addition of coconut milk.

lara — July 26, 2012 @ 3:26 am

wooooooow! delicious and amazing presentation. I want it!

tina — August 3, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

I’d love to try this, and I have coconut balsamic. Do you think that would work instead of the extract? Thanks!

Laura @ May Your Bobbin Always Be Full — August 5, 2012 @ 9:40 am

I came here from KERF. I can’t WAIT to try this!

• Megan — August 5th, 2012 @ 10:13 am

me too! love, love goat cheese and coconut…can’t wait to make these!

Ladyluck` — August 6, 2012 @ 12:16 am

I like goat cheese and coconut so I’d love to give this a try.
    Do you have to use the little jars? Could you use a standard 9″ graham cracker pie crust instead? Or is the cheese mixture too soft for slicing later?

• Jessica — August 6th, 2012 @ 6:59 am

I think it is firm enough!

• Karin — September 1st, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

Did it work in a crust? I don’t have enough cute cups and I’m making for a crowd. I have a springform pan or a pie plate…what do you think?

Yvonne — August 27, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I made these today. Heavenly! They were so creamy and delicious, even though I didn’t have coconut extract, only had a 4.5oz of goat cheese and couldn’t get the coconut milk or cream (tried both separately) to whip up. Need to double or triple the batch next time. Definitely making it for guests.

Kelly — August 28, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

Love this recipe! Instead of using butter with the bread crumbs..I used coconut oil. It was delish! Thanks for sharing.

jamie — August 29, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

I NEVER comment on anything…I came to this site for the recipe and read the post. The recipe sounds great, but the post was HYSTERICAL. Great read. Thanks for the recipe and for making me smile!

Lori — September 29, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

One word for this recipe: Heaven. “nuff said.

Redd H from Salted Spoon — October 26, 2012 @ 7:56 pm
    Cara — April 28, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

Oh my! These are SO delicious. My husband and I will add this to our “treasured recipes.” Our taste buds thank you endlessly.

Agi @ Passion shake — November 24, 2013 @ 7:19 am

In my case…definitely serves one! Those look so yummyyyyy!!!! Yep, I could surely have them for dinner :D I’m so happy to find your blog, I just love it here – tasty recipes, gorgeous photography and friendly, funny writing style :> I’ll be back!

Hugs from new follower x

Sally — March 20, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

So…if you didn’t want to make individual cheesecakes…would it be possible to use this recipe to make one, full-sized cheesecake?

1. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfait with Coconut Granola. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits with Coconut Granola. | Lifestyle Pins

3. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits with Coconut Granola. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

4. Pingback: Life With Twins… | Heather Eats Almond Butter

5. Pingback: Look Ma, I Made A Cheesecake | Stylish, Stealthy & Healthy.

6. Pingback: Design Crush » How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Celebrate National Cheesecake Day | Healthier Cheesecake Recipes

8. Pingback: wish i was… | sang the bird

9. Pingback: Roasted Summertime Chickpea Salad | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes. | Lifestyle Pins

11. Pingback: No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: עוגת גבינה וקוקוס בכוסות אישיות - עוגיו.נט

13. Pingback: No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes. | Food & Recipes

14. Pingback: No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake | Muffin Bites

15. Pingback: 10 NO BAKE CHEESECAKES TO COOL YOU DOWN | Best Friends For Frosting

16. Pingback: Walnuss-Marillen-Cheesecake | strudelgoesparis

17. Pingback: No-Bake Coconut Cream Goat Cheese Cheesecake | From lil' J's Kitchen

18. Pingback: Hungry at Heart » Thai Green Curry with Shrimp: A great dish for a crowd

19. Pingback: Proof That Sweetened Condensed Milk Is The Best Stuff On Earth | Hihid News

20. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes : Grandmas Cooking

21. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes | Monthly Recipes

22. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes : Eat-Best.com

23. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes | SaltyPepper

24. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes | Viral Dojo

25. Pingback: 21 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

26. Pingback: 12 Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes | Sharing With You

27. Pingback: 21の簡単でおいしいノー-焼きチーズケーキ | 健康に良い食事・悪い食事とは・・専門家が説明します!

28. Pingback: 21の簡単でおいしいノー-焼きチーズケーキ | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード

29. Pingback: RECIPE: No Bake Coconut Cheesecake | Fresh News Today

30. Pingback: 21 Super Easy And Delicious No-Bake Cheesecakes!