1. We are in the middle of a full blown war in this house because I am constantly hot and want the air conditioning on while my husband loves to be warm and would rather sit in his own sweat. Ew. I have to be in stealth mode every night and sneak downstairs and turn on the AC, then sneak back upstairs and turn on the ceiling fan to high after he falls sleep under our five layers of down comforters.
2. After watching the ACM’s on Sunday night, my iTunes account took a big hit. I still want to be best friends with Miranda Lambert and can I please somehow get an invite to this show or something? I think it’s my new dream. Nothing seems more fun. And Kelly Clarkson is still my spirit animal. HOW DOES SHE WRITE DOWN THE LYRICS IN MY HEAD?
3. I’m still hooked on listening to these audio books that I mentioned in my favorites post, but can I just say something? It really freaks me the heck out that multiple characters are read in the same voice. Yesterday I was listening to a book and a woman did a voice of a girl in her 30s, a man in his 60s and then the worst – a two year old child. OMG, the second hand embarrassment I felt. I don’t even know why. It made me so uncomfortable. I cannot get over this.
4. Since we’re nearing the middle of April (WHAT), I’m already anxious for beauty favorites and got so elated to see Cindy share some. Just when I thought I couldn’t love her more…
5. Oh speaking of iTunes, my life may be complete… I discovered a podcast that discusses Saved by the Bell – like episode by episode. April Richardson does it and it’s been the best thing about my last week. It is hilarious. And it’s called… wait for it… Go Bayside. Uh huh.
6. If you are an avid watcher of Girls and The Walking Dead, you might be in love with this article like I am. I also laughed pretty hard at the 33 most frustrating things about The Walking Dead. So true so true so true.
7. And since I’m in Homeland withdrawal (I caught a rerun on Saturday night and was up until 1am reliving it), I have to share these 16 life changing quotes by Saul. I mean, Mandy Patinkin. I mean Saul. I have a creepy kind of love for him.
8. Also, I’d like to change the spelling of withdrawal. What a horrible word to spell.
9. Even though my phone has somewhat “learned my language,” it corrects “gave” to “have” EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is seriously driving me insane. I actually threw my phone across the room earlier today because of it. You are not smart, phone.
10. What cute things are you buying for spring? It went straight from 30 degrees to about 75 here, but I’m sure it will snow next week. I’m still bingeing on mint. Oh and don’t you even think that will overtake my neon obsession that I went on and on (and on and on) about last year. I don’t care if that trend is over. It never will be here.
57 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I also have a love for Miranda Lambert and her husband Blake Shelton, am obsessed with Homeland and have you watched the Americans yet….
LOL… The temperature wars are always happening in our house!!! Its the other way around though…
Mr. & Mrs. P
I already have my first spring sandals, a bright Bright BRIGHT pink pair with flowers. I know they are cooler than I am making them sound… and I cannot wait to wear them so I wear them in the house. come on, sun and warm, any day now…
I LOVE Mandy Patinkin. and not just because I LOVE his name.
I think your man needs a snuggie so you can turn on the AC! Haha! Also I LOLed out loud at # 3…in the library.
I am pretty sure if you going into settings on your iPhone, you can change some of the words….I will check on that though
Can’t wait for your beauty favs!
Mint and coral allllll the way right now! And sparkles on my nails.
Mandy Patinkin was on the Colbert Report a few months back and totally blew me away with his wisdom bombs. He is totally Saul in real life!
You’re right about the ACM’s. I have so many new songs now and a huge crush on both Blake and Luke.
I purchases some great neon pink shorts from J.Crew Factory. Can’t wait to wear them!
Ugh hate the “gave”/”have” switcharoo on my iphone. Every time. Same thing happens with “got” and “for”. Makes me want to punch someone in the face.
I’m so glad the maxi dress trend lives to see another year. I love them, I’ve already bought two for this year (one with a chevron pattern, because you know, I’m a trend monster)
thank goodness that walking dead article said it had a spoiler! i stopped reading halfway. also, love the blog…pb smores cookies…you’re killin’ me smalls.
That cookie looks killer. Is that recipe on your website?
nope it’s from a local bakery – delallo’s!
Damn! i was really hoping you’d made it too – looks SO GOOD
I was hoping the same thing. Are they peanut butter with chocolate chips? I am drooling over the picture.
I’m super excited for warm weather because for some reason it’s much easier for me to eat healthy foods when it’s warm outside. I think it’s because in my mind, warmth is associated with being home from school, meaning eating what my parents make rather than disgusting cafeteria food from my college.
I also fall in love every single spring. I forget how much I love yellow until summertime, then I’m suddenly buying yellow everything. And pastels. love me some pastels.
I just discovered your blog recently and it’s been boosted to my #1 fave!
Thanks for the awesome posts and recipes! I get so excited when I see a new post from you on my blogger feed! :)
I just laughed so hard at the Walking Dead 33 frustrating things about The Walking Dead!!! Epically Awesome! I need to show that to everyone I know!! LOL!!
I have the same problems with audio books. Years ago I listened to The Da Vinci Code and the man narrator would do women’s voices and really creep me out.
My phone ALWAYS auto corrects have to gave. So annoying.
Mint is my favorite for Spring. Mint skinny jeans, anyone?
Serious issue too with audio books – had to give them up because of how overly critical I was of each narrator’s voice. It just doesn’t fit with the visions in my head. Maybe they’ll do them with multiple narrators one day, similar to radio shows in the past – much more believable then.
Great job on the blog – love reading your rantings!!
Were to We’re – so annoying autocorrect.
Mint jeans never come off my body.
Love your posts.
I’ve decided to just write withdrawl instead of withdrawal. I’m over it ha.
Um, loved the walking dead article.
omg, the fact that those mint peep toe wedges are sold out has made me hate life.
So you’re going to hate me, but I went to the ACM’s and it.was.AWESOME. I used to be a big country fan, and my love was revived. Can we please talk about how hot Luke Bryan is??? It’s wrong.
I’m pretty sure you can just buy tickets for the event, but there are also contests, etc. to win tickets (I went with Dr. Pepper via a family connection). Anyway it was a super cool experience, but I think the best part was the after-show because most of the nom’s and winners came out and performed a couple songs each. Florida Georgia line played Cruise like three times and now I’m hooked! Bottom line: you have to go next year. :)
OMG I AM SO ENVIOUS YOU ARE AMAZING
I didn’t even know the ACMs were on! So upset. I started recording about halfway through so I could watch Mad Men (letdown) and then caught up on what I could. I feel like I missed my senior prom. Except I wouldn’t have minded missing that so much.
I HATE texting on the iPhone. It kills me.
ehmahgerd have you seen this cake? happy tuesday indeed. http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2006/10/01/life-can-be-cruel/
I love these catching up posts, and I too am a hater of predictive text!? xx
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Accessories computer ขายส่งสินค้าไอที จำหน่ายอุปกรณ์ต่อพ่วงราคาถูก คอมประกอบราคาถูกที่สุด
My boyfriend and I are the opposite. I am ALWAYS freezing and want the heat up and he’s always hot. Even in the summer with the AC on, I wear a big sweater because I’m freezing!
We constantly have the ac battle in our house! But I am the one who is always cold and my guy thinks it is like 100 degrees. Oh and I totally thought neon was still the “in” thing for this spring/summer, at least that is what I am doing.
I totally got hooked on Homeland the other week–XFinity was having a Watchathon (just what I need) and I ended up finishing both seasons pretty rapidly. Can’t wait for it to start again!
It’s going to 90 in DC tomorrow–I couldn’t believe it and I’m not a fan. And my A/C has yet to turn on (stupid apartment rules), which means the next few days are going to be revolting.
wtf I missed the ACMs AGAIN!? I am a sad excuse for a kind-of-but-really-full-blown-complete-country fan.
I had to check the date on this post to see if my RSS reader was malfunctioning – air conditioning?! I’m still deep in 30 degrees here with a chance of snow. And I still opened the windows last night. Thanks for the heads up on the Saved By the Bell podcast, can’t wait to check it out!!
I just bought a coach clutch-wristlet thing in mint because I couldn’t even resist it at all. I’ll take all the mint and coral things.
thanks for the shout! I just, like today, bought 5 new lipgloss/balm things…send help.
I just started watching Homeland season 1 last weekend. I am on disc 3. I have to be strong and not buy the whole set otherwise I would completely stay up all night. Good thing Netflix is so slow – means I am only hooked in front of the TV for 4 hours every 3rd day.
AC is on in Indiana. Why sweat and feel all gross and clammy if you don’t have to?? Get that cookie recipe…it looks sooo good! Love your tuesday things. Always makes me smile:)
If you love audio books and have not listened to Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood series, you definitely should. They are so much fun to listen to and would have me laughing out loud. Also The Secret Life a Bees, really fun readers on both. Whenever you post pictures of those cookies my mouth waters!
oooo, i’m totally in spring mode! we had a touch of 70 degree weather the other day and i of COURSE was wearing a sweater and tights. i’m currently obsessed with the gap (hello 1990!) and am loving their brightly colored khaki’s and button downs! :) happy tuesday!
I can totally see you and him at war with the thermostat. I always win that battle in our house :) And I’d rather it be toasty. You’d hate it here probably. Lol
That cookie looks ridic good, btw!!
The AC war is to funny! I cant believe you want it cold! Speaking of cold, you are so lucky it was 75 degrees!!! It is a snow storm here! So jealous! Oh and the AMC were awesome!
I’m a fan of the Walking Dead too! I got a big kick out of that article!
Temperature wars are both hilarious and maddening! I used to live with someone who hated both AC and heat, so it was always extreme.
My phone likes to change “quinoa” to “wino.” Not sure what it’s trying to tell me…
I kneewwww I should have read that Walking Dead article seeing as how I’m a season (or two?) behind…but I did and I spoiled it for myself. Double dang it.
(Don’e worry, I’m sure I’ll still watch it like I have no idea what’s going on or who is going to die)
Pingback: Springtime Crockpot Minestrone | How Sweet It Is
I would love the recipe of that amazing cookie! Please….
Okay the COOKIES!!!!!!!! They look SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! Do you have the recipe PLEASE:)
my iphone has “learned my language” a bit too well. every time i type ‘to’ it is automatically changed to ‘yo’. EVERY TIME. i feel like i’m called out by my phone for how often i say yo. its becoming a problem.
The Walking Dead is so FRUSTRATING! The whole season they talk about “going to war with the gov” then in the season finale.. the “WAR” was about 3 minutes…. I couldn’t believe it when they went to commercial afterwards. i looked at my husband like “ummmmm WTF, tell me that wasn’t the big throw down!!!!?”
You make me happy.
Hey! A friend pointed out that you mentioned my podcast, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I am so happy you enjoy it!!!
I know.. September is SO far away for Homeland Season 3… Gotta read those quotes, thanks!
I clearly live in a bubble bc I just started watched Homeland a couple weeks ago. I’m obsessed. I go back and forth between wanting to have a Homeland marathon to catch up and stretching it out until we’re closer to season 3.
ummmm my iPhone ALAWAYS wants to change “gave” to “have” too!! WTF?! Seriously?! I don’t get it! And now it doesn’t want to autocorrect “we’re” so I have to go and add that stupid apoistrophe on my own. Boo. #firstworldproblems
And HOLLER for spelling apostrophe wrong. ugh.
Ditto on the Homeland withdrawal.
iTunes is a media player and media library application developed by Apple Inc. It is used to play, download, and organize digital audio and video on personal computers running the OS X operating system and the iOS-based iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices, with editions also released for Microsoft Windows.-,,..
Most current write-up provided by our homepage