Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade.
Happy start of summer!
To celebrate, let’s make a super refreshing beverage. Exclamation points!!
All you gotta do is mash up some fruit and herbs…
…and pour it in a pretty glass. Or directly into your mouth.
Summer in a cup!
Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat to make a simple syrup. Whisk for a minute or two until sugar dissolves, then once mixture combines to a boil, turn off heat and set in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add strawberries and mint to a blender, pureeing until liquified. Add in lemon juice and simple syrup, pureeing until combined. At this point you can choose to keep the mixture thick with the fruit puree, strain half of it to lighten it a bit or strain all of it to remove the strawberry pulp. It’s up to you! Pour mixture into a pitchen and stick in the fridge for 20 minutes until cold. Serve over ice.
Hint: you can make this very adult friendly with a splash of vodka.