Frosty Coconut Mojitos.
Oh it’s Friday?
I’ve made plans for you.
They include these drinks. Pink straws included. !!!! (if you want.) (but why wouldn’t you?)
I figured instead of forcing my childish Jessica-specific vernacular on you today along with extra love for sprinkles, glitter, 90s boy bands, denim and all other predictable things I gripe about, I’d just show you a picture of this icy drink and hope it’s enough.
Sometimes that’s all you need. Can I get away with this?
- 3/4 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup club soda or seltzer, I used coconut la croix
- 1/2 cup mint simple syrup, recipe below
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups ice, approximately
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until ice is crushed and mixture is combined. Add more ice if needed, then taste and add a little extra rum if desired.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it bubbles, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Turn heat down to low for 2 minutes, then remove and let sit to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
I made coconut mango mojitos (hold the frost) early last year and talked about how I was feeling legitimately old. Still rockin’ it.