1. I finally ordered a pumpkin spice latte and did so with skim milk. UGH. I am so done with that. I am no longer participating in skim milk lattes. I don’t do it at home and I’m not doing it when I go out. It’s like putting water in your latte. gah-ross.
2. Sooo… I really want some nude ankle/mid boots. You know? And I was looking for some on the internet on Friday night. And I googled “nude booties.” Yeah. Don’t do that.
3. All I want in my life right now is this arugula and prosciutto eggs benedict.
4. Actually, wait. That’s a lie. What I really want in my life right now is an interior decorator and a stylist. No, not want – NEED. I need those things. I have zero taste in home decor and fashion and basically look like I live in the 80s every single day. In fact, the only thing I might have decent taste in is food… and even that is debatable.
5. Last week I started to make granola bars, grabbed the cinnamon and shook a ton in to my dough. Only it wasn’t cinnamon. It was chili powder. I then proceeded to spill an entire two cup container of sunflower seeds all over the lazy susan pantry… which if you’re family with one of those things… you have to remove everything to clean something up. Fun day.
6. Not surprised by Dexter. Not at all. So annoyed that with only a few episodes left, Hannah is still in the picture. Why do we care about her? STOP RUINING THIS. So thrilled that Boardwalk is back. Want to live in the 20s. In a few weeks, my life will be complete with the return of Homeland, Eastbound + Down, Nashville and The Walking Dead. And I already don’t have a life. My DVR might blow up.
7. 22 signs you’re addicted to Friends. #2 may be true.
8. What are you having for dinner tonight? I’m making massive mofo taco salads. Yep.
9. Not only am I disturbed at the nonexistence of a bacon emoji… why no taco emoji? Why aren’t we up in arms about this?
76 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Been there, poured non-cinnamon spices into my otherwise-sweet dishes before. :( What did you do with the dough??
I have recently learned to order americanos with ‘room’ – order a Pumpkin Spice americano with room (lots of room) and put some half and half in there. GAME CHANGER. Not as many calories and CHEAPER. I personally love the Toffee Nut flavor and a sugar in the raw packet with my half and half :)
what??? Andrea – I love you! Fabulous idea!
I agree wholeheartedly! I need more FOOD emojis. The other weekend, I was trying to do instagram caption depicting my toast with burrata, heirloom tomatoes, and basil, and unfortunately, those ingredients don’t exist yet (except a normal tomato, which is not the same thing)…
My best friend just sent me that Friends buzzfeed post today!! They all apply to me.
ALL THE EMOJIS! I cannot even tell you how often I am disappointed by my limited selection. I mean, Salsa Dancer lady can eat a chocolate glazed donut, but not a taco? I call shenanigans!
and no eye rolling emjoi!!!!!
i NEED the taco emoji. Last time I was at Chipotle I had to use a CORN emoji. I love corn. But corn does not = taco.
Haha I had a chili powder debacle before too. Mine was far less extreme, I was just making an apple cinnamon-y concoction in the microwave, which turned into an apple chili powder concoction. So tragic. ;)
Andrea, I love pumpkin anything, but can you explain to me what “room” means? I want to order this drink the next time I’m at Starbucks. Sometimes when I order a drink that I heard from someone on a blog and then go and try to order it at Starbucks, they look at me like I have two heads! Thanks!
Andrea, I just figured out what I think “room” means. I think it means to not fill the cup up all the way, so that you have “room” to add the half and half! Sorry, I should’ve thought about this more before posting my previous message.
LOL @ nude booties :)
I’m totally with you on the no skim milk in my latte….gah-ross is exactly the word for it!
I have great taste in interior design…except I can’t afford my own taste. ha! What’s that saying? Champagne taste on a beer budget.
Did you like the PSL? I have been tempted to get one, but I am scared I won’t like it. I am def going to try the PS Americano with cream.
I have not had the mis-fortune of mixing up my cinnamon spices yet, but my cayenne pepper container looks exactly like my cinnamon container. I have to be very careful!
I love to decorate and hate where I am living. Want to arrange for a live-in decorator for two months until my new home is done? Word of warning? There will be no sparkles. Deal?
Nashville is the ONLY thing that has helped to heal the wound of losing Friday Night Lights.
#2 reminds me of my freshman year in college. My across-the-hall neighbor SHRIEKED and ran over to my room. “WINDY,” she said, “JUST LETTING YOU KNOW. The web site for Dick’s Sporting Goods is NOT dicks.com.”
Oh I miss Friends so much! There is just nothing like it on TV anymore (well How I Met Your Mother is a bit like Friends 2.0 but not nearly as good). My roommate in college had every season on DVD and though it ran about 24 hours a day, I never tired of it. I’m still hoping Netflix will release it on instant some day.
#4 is why my house has only a futon and a coffee table and nothing on the walls. Think we could get a designer 2for1 rate?
Pretty sure I almost died reading number two… and the funniest part is that I know you didn’t make that up. Also, that totally sounds like something I would do. Whoops.
Would love to hear more of your thoughts on dexter. It may be creepy, but I wish that he and Debra would have ended up together or it would have been awesome if she never forgave him and killed him!
um yea. #5? I did that while making sangria once. I still drank it. It was spicy.
i have been reading your blog for almost a year now, but never commented before. (mostly because I am not witty, funny or all the other amazing adjectives that describe your writing)! That said, I HAD to comment this time because I laughed so hard I was crying — nude booties!!! OMG!
It’s really too bad I’m on Cape Cod and you are in PA because even though I’m not all that funny or witty I definitely could decorate your house AND be your stylist (we all have our talents and those are mine!). You could cook for me – it’d be a great trade!
I once thought I grabbed chili power while making a pot of chili and shook the he n out of it only it was cinnamon. Ruined the whole pot.
I about died when I read your quest for a pair of nude booties. ROTFL. Just too much!
If you enjoy soy milk, get the pumpkin spice with soy milk. It will cost you basically your first born child, but its delicious. And I still get whip…life is too short to skip the whip.