1. My husband and I are on a huge grape kick. Like the fruit – no, not the flavor. I was always the kid that ate around every grape popsicle and left a pile of purple ice in the freezer. But he’s got me hooked on these grapes. I mean, yeah, I love fruit but I’ve never been this fanatical over grapes. I don’t love them in the freezer because food at extreme temperatures isn’t my thing. But right out of the fridge? Ugh, we are blowing through bags of grapes.
2. This cake. It must be in my life. The only person who may love sprinkles more than me. WHOA.
3. Uh, please tell me that you’ve seen the Girl’s SNL promo. It might be the best thing I watched all month. Seriously nailed it.
4. The last few months I’ve been trying to work my way out of my workout clothes rut – I live in them, because, well… I worked at a gym forever and now I work from home. Tips, tricks, books, help? PLEASE!
5. Speaking of shopping, remember years ago when outlets actually carried the previous years’ pieces and you could always count on getting something awesome? And now… it’s just the “factory” line instead of the awesome things you wanted but missed out on? Why?
6. Today, one of my closest friend’s book is coming out! You’ve probably seen me talk about Ashley’s doughnuts for years – she first brought me a batch when she visited in 2011? Her doughnuts are gluten free (with many vegan recipes!) and I LOVE THEM. Actually – they are what started my whole doughnut obsession, because before that I didn’t care for them. Her versions are baked and they are super easy. I make them for dessert, for parties, for everyone – and they fly off the plate.
7. You know the giant rubber ducky I’ve been moaning on and on about? Here’s a better look at it. Yes, this actually happened.
8. This. signs you’re an old person in a young person’s body. This has been me since, like, the age of ten. In thirty more years I’m totally screwed.
9. I’m in the midst of absolutely obsessing over fall and am trying to enjoy every second. One of our favorite things to do is take a long drive on the weekend and see all of the pretty leaves and trees and colors and… and… please see #8.
44 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I have to admit, I ran the Great Race on Sunday so since I was already at the point I went to see the duck. I was seriously underwhelmed. I expected… more. He’s still cute though! lol
I saw the giant rubber duck in Sydney last month! Yes We all lost it, but now I have an obsession with rubber ducks…
For the grape obsession , freeze them and eat them with cheese plater, seriously. It is great combo. Also they are great in that baked fruit custard dish or served with chicken breast. I think there is a grape sauce that goes well with meat.
#8 – oh god, is it bad that I love going to antique stores? I’m pretty sure that makes me old…
I live for antiquing.
A great SNL episode — especially the Girls parody :)
#5 Yes. Why? Such a bummer.
#6. GF Donuts? ohmygahgetmesome
The Girls SNL promo had me DYING and I’ve never even seen the show. But you have, so that counts. I think.
Totally with you on #8 and #9. I HAVE to be home in time to get ready to be in the bed by 9:30, which in itself takes 30 minutes. Which means I need to be home by 7pm. And the music automatically playing on blogs? CANNOT. STAND IT.
Trade the workout clothes for pjs! And then get cute anytime you go out. I live in my workout cl
Sorry! Hit submit by accident! I live in my workout clothes too because I teach dance part time and work from home the rest. I try to look cute when hubs and I do dates.
Oh my sweet baby Jesus…I laughed at that buzzfeed so hard I almost peed my pant. And I was under the grand delusion that I was still somewhat “young and hip”. Nope. I’m old.
Thanks for sharing!
Now you’ve got me wanting donuts!
Gap and Gap outlet have really cute workout/yoga/lounge clothes right now. I’ve been living in their slightly flared yoga capris and hoodies.
Did you hear about paydragon? It’s a service that delivers Trader Joe’s stuff to you, free shipping YES OMG YES. I saw it on Instagram and thought of you
No need to trade workout clothes for anything. THey’re the bomb diggity. ;)
Oh man I am DYING at that Girls promo. Must watch the rest of Tina Fey’s episode now!
And I would also lose my shit if that rubber ducky just came floatin by one day. I hope it comes to the west coast!
Totally nailed it on the Girls SNL parody!!! I’ve been dying for her book to come out… ordered! BTW you were the one who turned me on to her web site… thanks!!!
That SNL skit is the BEST THING I’ve ever seen. It is so spot on I couldn’t even believe it. Ridic!!! I can’t tell you how happy I am our paths crossed about just about 4 years ago. You keep me sane and I love you for it. Thanks for the shout. :) xoxo p.s. donuts-4-life
i hate grape flavored anything but i love fresh grapes like nobody’s business. also, that snl girls promo was bananas.
I won’t be much help when it comes to getting you out of the workout clothes rut. That’s all I ever wear myself. I would say 75% of my closet is Lululemon!
Cotton candy grapes— have you had them?
Great list of Tuesday things! YAY for grapes and OMG at that duck! haha
Congrats to Ashley on her book. You have ALWAYS raved about her donuts so that’s awesome her day has come!
Grapes. They are so good and I go on grape kicks myself. Until I select a ‘normal’ sized bag and get to the checkout line and it’s like 9 dollars, for a bag of grapes..hate that!
I’m sorry I don’t understand the workout clothing problem. We can trade lives if you want to enjoy business causal for a while, but I’m betting you will miss your yoga pants around 11:15. At least that is when I miss mine…
That Girls parody is awesome! Hadn’t seen it, thanks for sharing!
Wasn’t that Girls parody the greatest? My favorite part was when Tina Fey told the Shoshanna not to speak or people would know she was weak, then asked to eat the donut off the side of her head /dying.
I’m with you on the outlet malls. I have a problem with the “official fakes” being sold at the handbag stores. I’m actually writing a post about getting the best deals at the outlets!
My husband was randomly in Pittsburgh for business and texted me a picture of that giant ducky. :)
This may or may not help you with the workout clothes rut, but have you seen “What Not To Wear” on TLC? It’s been around FOREVER (personally I feel that the earlier seasons are best), and I feel like you would really love the show!
So since doing the 28 day Live More Weigh Less Challenge, I’ve been forcing myself to get up in the morning, shower, get my hair completely done and makeup on and dress in anything BUT workout clothes. It may just be jeans and what not but it’s crazy how much more together I feel and more I get done just changing what I wear during the day! Oh – and I’m not letting myself get out of my workout clothes until after 7pm except for once a week. (Unless I’m actually working out).
Yes, we had that rubber ducky in Sydney, so cute! Now we have giant neon snail (sculptures). Loved the SNL Girls parody too, so good!
I’ve really been wanting to try making baked doughnuts. I think I’m going to have to get the book and give it a shot!
No Homeland premiere comment!? Thanks for sharing the GIRLS promo, hilarious!
Yay for Ashely!! Her book is on its way to my door step as we speak! So excited, the girl is a doughnut rock star!
Wow- that sprinkle cake is epic :) And congratulations to Ashley!
You absolutely crack me up. I would love to be your neighbor. The donuts, the duck and signs that I am old……..very good.
Love the list, it’s so cute!
#5. Blame it on technology such has ERP. Companies are able to manufacture to their need instead of making a whole lot of stuff and hope it sells. This efficiency led to the problem of not enough overproduction to stock outlets. They saw this as an opportunity and started creating new lines to sell there..
For the record,I think this stinks also and I am very careful what I buy. Just like regular stores, the sale racks are where I head.
The leaves are starting to pop in New England and this weekend I can’t wait to go on a drive and bust of the camera! Oh and eat loads of cider donuts! YAY!
Try roasting the grapes first… it’s a one way street! It’s like grape candy
I was finally driven to look at your “about Jessica”. I am completely consumed with envy! Is it not enough that you are fabulous, twisted, TV watching and self pronounced veg hater? Must you be physically gorgeous too? Really? I guess I’ll have to overlook the fact you’re gorgeous and focus on the fact that you have a strange and wonderful sense of humor that I completely get. It’s the only way two gorgeous chicks can be buds? AmIRightOrWhat?
While I love my yoga pants, I like to look a little more pulled together when I’m out & about. I love my skinny jeans (that have a little “stretch” by the way) and they look great with flats, cute little slip-on tennies (picture polka dot keds), Toms or motorcycle boots. On top, I like to wear a cute tshirt (especially a-line ones) and a cardigan. That’s totally my go-to look–it’s so easy & I promise an outfit like this is just as comfy as workout gear. :) For a “starter” outfit, go to Anthropologie and you’ll find something trendy, adorable & comfy. Good luck!
seriously you’re like my long lost twin.
I’ve been using StitchFix to expand my wardrobe lately! You fill out a style profile and they send you 5 things in the mail to try on. Keep what you like, return the rest using the postage paid bag they send you. I love shopping but don’t have whole days to go to the mall anymore … the luxury …
You have to be invited to use stitch fix. If you’d like to check it out, here’s my referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3064851
In light of your recent grape infatuation – the big question is this:
Have you had Cotton Candy Grapes?!?!?!?!?
Yes, they exist. Yes, they taste like cotton candy.
Sadly, I think their very short season is gone.
Real grapes = yum!, grape flavored = yuck. enough said.