Homemade Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub.
I made you something that you can put on your face and eat!
Okay. You really shouldn’t eat it. I mean, if push came to shove, you totally could.
I wouldn’t exactly recommend it though. Shhhhh.
I mentioned in my October favorites how quickly we blew through the tree hut sugar scrub. I say “we” (even though I initially thought it was just “I”) because my husband outed himself in the comments and said he had used quite a bit of it himself. It made sense because I KNEW I didn’t use it all. Sneaky sneaky.
Now that I’m back in sugar scrub mode, I wanted to make my own and obviously chose a flavor (err… scent?) that would leave me hungry. Or starving. Or at least craving sugar.
I’ve used coconut oil as a moisturizer for years, but there is something else that happens when you combine it with an exfoliant and use it as a scrub. Holy freaking soft skin. I AM IN LOVE! I’ve been using this for over a week and completely adore it. I may never buy a scrub again!
Not only should you make this for yourself right this second, but you can make one giant batch and dump it in cute little jars and string them with pretty ribbons for homemade gifts. You are probably way more crafty than me and can decorate these jars all cute and stuff. Can I hire you to make me pretty things please?
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil in solid form
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- a few drops of coconut extract or essential oil
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until combined. I like to mix with the back of a spoon until the coconut oil all breaks down and no chunks remaining. If desired, top the scrub with a few chocolate chips or cacao nibs before packaging.
- To use the scrub, simply rub it over your skin and wash off! FYI: I do not use this on my face. I do use it on my lips though – so perfect! As long as you are using this once a week or every other, it should stay fine at room temperature.
Know what this reminds me of? Brownie batter. That’s what it smells like. It’s brownie body batter!