Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole, Brie and Bacon Grilled Cheese.
How trashy can we get?
That is the question.
Very trashy is the answer. Who puts potatoes in their grilled cheese sandwich?
Well, me. Apparently.
This is the sort of thing that happens to me when I’m left to my own devices with a giant pan of sweet potato casserole in my fridge. So this is my solution.
Also, it’s like ten million times better if your sweet potatoes have marshmallows or a crunchy, crumbly topping included. Mine had both.
The good news is we’re eating whole grain bread. I mean, right?
Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole, Brie and Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened for spreading
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1/3 cup
- leftover sweet potato casserole
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the outsides of each slices with softened butter. On the insides, add a slice or two of brie, the bacon slices, a big spoonful of the sweet potatoes and some more cheese. Top it off with the remaining bread, buttered sides up. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown on both sides. Eat!
What are you doing with your leftovers? We are eating ours again tonight, same old style as yesterday. Because, you know, I want to feel like a stuffed sausage again.