1. Probably definitely making this for thanksgiving: no-bake pumpkin tiramisu. I mean… just stop.
2. Target already steals all of my money but now they really are inside my brain. It’s like they secretly installed some chip in my head and know EXACTLY WHAT I WANT.
3. Yesterday I actually googled “how to stop being lazy.” So yeah.
4. Are you planning on shopping on Thanksgiving? I think that whole idea is totally cracked out because then employees can’t enjoy the holiday. I’ve worked retail on black Friday before so I completely get it. But what’s next… black Friday deals on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving? Annoyances. I find better deals before or after anyway.
5. Speaking of shopping, I’m so pumped you guys are liking gift guide week! I have four (maybe five) more gift guides to share with you and can’t wait to hear your ideas.
6. Completely in love with this dirty dancing wedding dance. I wish Patrick Swayze was still alive to see it. They are SO into it.
7. I recently tried a chai latte and the spices burned my throat. I really wasn’t a fan. Thoughts?
8. This. The ultimate fashion guide to Saved By The Bell. Too bad I still want to wear Kelly Kapowski’s clothes. No, really.
9. Oh so much TV stuff! I thought Boardwalk was so good this week… and the Walking Dead? Very interesting. But let’s talk about Homeland. Quinn… major hearts for you. I thought it was pretty good (or at least getting better) albeit being ridiculous, but then I had a big “what?!” moment. Saul’s wife mentioned that they’ve been married for 35 years… um, what? I thought that actress was in her late 30s at the most and Saul was just robbing the cradle. Am I just a terrible judge of age? Probably. Even if they got married when she was like 17… no. Does not work out. Girl looks GOOD. And now that I’ve spent an entire paragraph on fictional characters…
10. Are you putting up any Christmas decor yet? Waiting until next Friday? Tell me tell me. I’m nosy.
11. That house project I mentioned last week? We are still sort of working on it but imagine two homeowners walking in to Lowe’s, looking at paint colors for less than 30 seconds and going “oh that one looks good” and choosing it. Then getting home and painting their walls gray. Which ends up being purple. Uh huh.
102 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I did the same thing with the paint! Painted the whole thing – totally convinced it was not purple and actually had hints of gray – that was until our friends came over and called it the ‘Barney room’….needless to say we got a pro to do it next time…
So excited for your gift guides! Got a bunch of ideas for my father-in-law from the foodie one yesterday. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got coming.
Have you had the Chocolate Chai at Starbucks? I haven’t yet…I want to think it’s going to be DELISH but I’m afraid it won’t be…so I haven’t tried it yet. I hate when I order something and don’t like it. That’s, like, the worst.
The chocolate Chai is pretty good, it tastes like hot chocolate with a splash of cinnamon — not very chai-y. The one I had was VERY strong and sweet, but maybe that depends on the barista?
No to Christmas decorations. Yes to Christmas music.
I want everything from Target all the time. Whoever said there’s voodoo in that store hit the nail on the head! My bank account would like to personally curse Target’s name.
Chai lattes from Starbucks are good, I love them from Second Cup which I thiiiink is Canadian? All milk, no water!
All I can say about TV is that The Mindy Project is so good this season!! I was Dying the last episode: WINKY FACE!? Hilarious.
#3. Ha. I didn’t get much further than that.
Usually I decorate in the days after Thanksgiving, but since the hubs is deployed this year, I may just skip Thanksgiving and decorate on the day of since I’ll also be studying for finals and writing papers that week. Gag.
Ah, I was just at target today. Oh my gosh, I could spend all my money there. Especially, this time of year. I want everything!
My boyfriend and I have just bought our first house together and are planning on putting our Christmas decorations up in the first week of December. When are yours going up?
We put up the outside Christmas decorations this past weekend… we had to take advantage of the warm weather. this weekend its supposes be cold and snowy… I love winter and the cold cold… but not standing holding.Christmas lights for hours. lol
our hallway has a hint of purple in it but the tv room same color it is grey I am pretty. sure it has to do with the light. if it is a natural light… or soft white blah blah blah…. Colors are tricky!
I think it totally depends on the chai latte. In my opinion, Starbucks’ are a lot more “sharp” than pretty much anywhere else. Caribou’s chai lattes are basically like drinking a really sweet cookie. In liquid form. Full of milky, cinnamony, smooth goodness. Which is pretty much awesome. So I’d shop around and try different ones before deciding they’re not good.
I usually wait until Thanksgiving weekend to put all my Christmas stuff out but I may start on it this weekend just because everyone on facebook is all, “No decorations until after Thanksgiving!” I don’t like being told what to do or not do.
Also, decorating a whole house and putting up a big tree is a LOT of hard work, especially when you’re single and doing it alone. It’s a shame to go to all that trouble to only enjoy it for a couple of weeks. That’s also my excuse for not taking it all DOWN until halfway through January. ;-)
I’m single, too, and decorate inside and outside the house by myself. Plus I have multiple trees. It’s exhausting! So I put all my stuff up early so I have a chance to enjoy it but just don’t turn on the lights until after Thanksgiving…well… the outside lights anyway. It’s hard not to have the tree lights on. I love the glow of the lights in the house.
at starbucks, try your chai half sweet. I love the mix they use but find they use too much. better yet, buy it really cheap at costco, use a milk frother (or have it iced in the summer) and control the amount yourself. :)
4. Retail employees can’t enjoy the holiday if they have to work but come on, plenty of people have to work holidays and never complain. Nurses, doctors, police, fire, military, transportation sector, etc. etc. I think it’s a bit crazy how radical everyone thinks it is that someone could be working on a holiday. My husband works every holiday like it’s just any other day. It sucks but it’s his job!
11. Looking forward to seeing the home project!!
that’s an excellent point and i hadn’t thought about it that way. i guess i just don’t like that it’s a *new* thing that seems to revolve around greed and excess (unlike those that work on holidays and do things to help the community, help others, save lives, keep people safe, etc.)
I’m with you Jessica;; it’s one thing if it’s a necessary job to support the communities we live in but beyond that? Makes the holiday about something other than family that’s for sure!
Grey is the hardest color to pick!!! i painted my bedroom purple and then my guest room grey… but before I got an accent color in the guest room it looked so purple!!!!!
i too have wondered about the age diff between saul and mira….thought i was the only one, haha. i looked it up. Saul (Mandy Patinkin) is 61. Mira in real life is 47. there we go!
The tree and the decorations are going up next Friday. I try to get done then because I have the day off.
That video? Thanks SO much, just priceless. Christmas decor? Don’t make me cry. Mine is all in storage and I won’t be moving into my new home until Dec 17 and even that is questionable. Sobbing out loud. Can I come to your house. I’ll help paint. :)
I blame you for starting my Homeland addiction. I had never seen an episode prior to Oct 22. Now I’ve seen them all and look forward to Sunday nights.
My husband was laughing maniacally when I was screaming at the TV after the last episode. How dare they end it on that note!
You should watch Blacklist. i love Blacklist.
LOL to the wall painting situation. If only it were neon pink, then it would have been perfectly acceptable. I am getting antsy for next Friday because as soon as Thanksgiving is over it’s perfectly acceptable to decorate, baking Christmas cookies, and listen to Christmas songs all day long. (I do this already, but it’s in private and not acceptable yet, but shh).
I would just really like Kelly’s Bayside sweatshirt. Like now.
I decided to shop on thanksgiving (if I’m not too full) because the places I want to go asked their people about working the holiday. The good places have time and a half or asked their workers if they wanted to work to earn extra money. I also heard that in most stores, it was voluntary. Hope that makes you feel better. My mom always worked on Christmas as a nurse, so I guess I’m not that surprised that it is spreading. I think the corporate part of stores got a lot of backlash for it so I’m glad people are talking about it and improving the day of people who have to work retail that day.
My Christmas stuff has been up since last week. I’m not ashamed!
We definitely did the same thing with what we thought was “gray” paint. A purple living room later we’ve changed it to more of an off-white/cream (but with no yellow tones). Grays are too darn complicated. BUT – if you find one you like, can you please share? I still have a room in our basement I’m holding out for – hoping to make it gray!
I love Quinn! I feel like maybe he likes Carrie but he’s too god for her. Only four episodes left though. So sad!
Diiiiid Google tell you to write more about fictional characters? Seems like a solid anti-lazy plan to me. And Cassie wants to decorate like, last week … but seeing as we still have some dementors flying in our avocado trees, I’m pushing to wait until after Thanksgiving. Yeah, we’re just a little behind.
Lights are already up along the rooflines….but I fudged and had someone install them. Won’t turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving though. I’m a traditionalist of sorts. That’s also the day the tree goes up….
My tree and decorations are going up this weekend. I am giddy about it! I like to get it all up before Thanksgiving and enjoy a full month of decor before Christmas.
Ok so your foodie gift guide was amazing! The only problem is that I want to buy it all for myself! I’ve been in a big spending phase right now and absolutely none of it is for anyone other than myself. Maybe once I get my tree up this Friday ill remember that this is the season of gift giving … Not of buying yourself gifts!
Oh and next time try your chai latte with a shot of expresso – heaven.
I absolutely love chai, and i’m pretty excited that the caramel brulee flavor is back at Starbucks. It’s great in chai. I can’t do coffee. Not even a little bit.
If you like pumpkin try a Chai Latte with half the chai and half pumpkin syrup!! Makes it sweeter and oh-so-delicious :)
what drink is it that’s on the top of this page? looks really good!
I get half the amount of chai put it in. much more subtle, the full amount is way to much for me. also, i only like chai iced and with soy milk. im kind of high maintenance sometimes.
Target does know exactly what you want! Especially if you have a Target card, they track your purchases electronically then send you semi-personalized mailers based on your buying habits. They also make judgment calls about who you are based on your purchases, including information like age, marital status, whether you have kids, etc. I read about it in, I think Freakanomics, or some book along those lines.
Jess! I work at Starbucks and obv i’ve been expierimenting. Try a 3 pump Vanilla Chai with the milk at 145 degrees. Or a peppermint mocha with 3 shots and 2 pumps of vanilla extra whipped cream and chocolate curls :)
Pingback: Making My Little Bar Cart Dreams Come True. | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Making My Little Bar Cart Dreams Come True. | pinmeplease