1. I’ve decided it’s high time to incorporate real life spring break into… real life. Like can we just make it a mandatory thing every year, preferably in March?
2. As soon as I’m off the internets here, I’m going to make these peanut butter, coconut + oat banana cookies. SNACKS.
3. I’m sad that the Olympics are over but I’m happy that I can actually get into bed before midnight this week. Don’t they know that secretly inside old people have a difficult time watching ice skating at 11:30 PM without dozing off? (P.S. 27 things you’re really thinking while watching figure skating. I def laughed.)
4. Sooooo I may have crossed the bridge where I no longer need sugar or something sweet in coffee. For this, I hate myself.
5. I’d be okay never seeing another photo of feet on instagram again.
6. Last week I bought an orchid and this week I think I’ve already killed it. WAH. But are we really surprised?
7. It’s 21 degrees outside and I am losing my mind because I want to get outside and WALK. It feels like I haven’t taken a walk in ages (because, well, I haven’t) but in Jessica-speak I guess it’s only been like three months or so. Walks are my decompression time and when I can listen to and belt out my most embarrassing choices of music while the neighbors assume I need to be committed.
8. Is there a dishwasher in the universe that doesn’t take three whole hours to run? Because this is the bane of my existence. Sometimes I have to run the dishwasher two or three times a day which means it’s basically running… the entire day.
9. At this point, I practically want to write a whole separate blog about TV. I gotta say that I really like the new coupling of Marine and a certain someone (I’m trying not to spoil it since you guys want to punch me when I do) on Girls. I mean, still so much secondhand embarrassment but whatever. True Detective… I can’t even. UGH so good. I was in a depressive slump yesterday and I couldn’t figure out why until I remembered that I finished Sons of Anarchy the night before and well, yeah. Obviously. AND! We haven’t finished House of Cards yet. I know. I’m dying. I’m trying to be nice and not watch it without Eddie. Because I always blow through series without him and then nag him until he finishes because I want to discuss. So that’s that.
10. Wait one more thing: what it would be like if Friends used hashtags. BTW, I’m still turning on Friends every night before bed. STILL. Like I think I first wrote about that three years ago. Never gets old.
11. Do you plan fun things for the Oscars, like have a viewing party or what not? I want to have a party but wouldn’t that require staying up super late on a school night? (they will always be school nights.) See #3. What can I do instead?
61 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
#Friendsrerunsforlife!!! I’m literally laughing out loud at these hashtags – it’s like they’re reading my mind. And by the way…I’m convinced that the reason I’m unable to recall simple things like where I put my keys, or whether or not I paid a bill, or who I told about my thick eyebrow obsession, is because my mind is full of quotes and one-liners from 10 seasons of Friends, leaving little to no room left for things I actually need to remember.
The dishwasher thing! I thought it was just the one in this house, which we moved to a year ago. I went through two (or three…memory’s going dim) in our old house and none of them ran for three freaking hours like this one does. Even the “rinse only” cycle is over two hours. Makes me nuts.
Friends–have you watched Matt LeBlanc’s series on Showtime, called Episodes? He plays a fictionalized version of himself and, well, can’t describe it in just a sentence but it’s hilarious and highly underrated. You must check it out if you haven’t already!
I just got caught up with Girls, and I absolutely loved the beach house episode. Shosh had me cracking up. And House of Cards was amazing but I kinda got less into it after the first few episodes, mainly because nothing could match the insanity of the first one. AH.
& I feel you on the Olympics. They show all the good stuff starting at 10:45 and I don’t think they have any idea how much it impacts people’s work the next day. Olympics for me = naps and slacking. Haha. I wish i was kidding.
Fisher and Paykel double drawer dishwashers have a quick cycle that is really quick and works well. You can run only one at a time or both together. If I know I am going to dirty a lot of dishes, I load one with only glassware and the other one with more dirty plates and bowls. The glassware can be run on the rinse cycle, which is 12 minutes, unless it is really nasty.
Did you finish House of Cards yet? So. Friggin’. GOOD! right?
Oh my gosh. This list was SO funny. Can relate to #3 (LOVE the Olympics – want my sleep back), #7 (so frickin’ cold here in upstate NY – need some outside time!) and #9 (so many shows to talk about!).
AND that figure skating list – I laughed so hard. Thanks!
Orchids are hard to kill. Just leave it alone, give it space, and water it once in a while. Ignore them and they will bloom over & over again!