1. It’s JUNE? What is happening with this world. I don’t get it.
2. Totally craving this roasted strawberry lemonade right this second. It looks ridiculous.
3. I wasn’t always an ice cream person, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve become a huge soft-serve-with-sprinkles ice cream person. So for my first cone of the season I got a medium which I COULDN’T EVEN FINISH. I feel so elderly.
4. Are there any tops in the world right now that aren’t crop tops? I don’t think so.
5. Eddie wanted me to clarify that his Tom Hanks dislike that I mentioned last week (seriously, what?) only comes from the fact that he is the same character in every movie. I would have to disagree. Eddie says he is like Vince Vaughn. Who I also happen to like in a mind-numbing movie kind of way. I have excellent taste, clearly.
6. The possibility of lightening bugs in the evening right now has me giddy. I really don’t know my age I guess.
7. In one of those moods again where I want to chop off my hair. This happens approximately three times a year and then I fear that I won’t be able to pile it on top of my head anymore. (i.e. do nothing with it.)
8. TV things! Okay so I’m still reeling from the Mad Men finale over a WEEK ago, what is wrong with me? I did watch Mistresses last night in my own little private embarrassment and ummm… I really liked it. I just want Savi back with her husband because is he not the cutest? What else. I’m still catching the old episodes of Big Love that are playing on HBO and OMG – somewhat movie related – I wanted The Normal Heart on HBO with Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer – ahhhhh. They are such great actors. Such a good movie. Seriously tugged at my heart strings. I’m just anxiously awaiting the final season of True Blood (which I’m sure will crush my soul like the last three seasons) and the release of Orange is the New Black (which I don’t love anywhere near as much as House of Cards, meh, it’s okay, but gives me something to do at like 10PM when I edit photos.).
9. 21 facts about pitch perfect. Um, can the second movie just be out right NOW?
27 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
That is so wrong to even mention Tom Hanks and Vince Vaughn in the same sentence! I can’t stand Vince Vaughn and he IS the same character in every movie. Tom Hanks is a living legend is definitely not the same in every movie. I’m just glad Eddie gave Captain Phillips a chance because that is an awesome edge of your seat movie.
I don’t understand how it is June either. We’re in some crazy spinning time warp! And I want to chop my hair as well. It’s an almost-summer “too hot to blow dry” thing.
Aca-obsessed. I must watch Pitch Perfect a few times every week. Nearly counting the days to the sequel.
That last link = I need to go rent Pitch Perfect for a rewatch ASAP.
I feel the same way about chopping my hair off at the moment too. As soon as the heat strikes in the summer, I just want to get rid of it. But then I’m like–what am I suppose to do with it this short now?!!! Sometimes it’s just easier to throw it up in a ponytail and be done with it!
And while you are in ice cream cone land, I am in slurpee land. 7/11 gets all my loose change in the summer for slurpees!!
I watched The Normal Heart this weekend too and it just about took me out. I cried so much! I thought it was a great movie. Bomer lost 40 pounds in the middle of filming to look sick for that movie and boy did he.
That sprinkle covered cone looks delicious right about now…YUM!
SERIOUSLY with the Crop-tops. At 5 months pregnant, there is NO WAY I’d be caught dead or alive in a crop top. Talk to me again when I have a six pack.
Sooo … I’m feeling like I have to agree with your hubs about Tom Hanks. It’s not that I don’t like him or respect him, because I do. Buuuuut … Captain Phillips was a great movie, and would’ve been just as great without Tom Hanks. He’s a draw to see the movie, but then you realize, yep, it’s Tom Hanks … again … same as usual.
Ice cream in any form during the summer is my kryptonite!
Chop your hair! DO IT for me! I’ve been wanting a lob for the past few months but have to keep annoying long hair for my wedding this summer! It just looks SO CHIC short and sassy!
If your hair gets frizzy/huge/uncontrollable in heat and humidity, DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR! I cut mine last month and the first humid day we got here in Michigan I realized why I’ve been growing my hair out for the last 3 years. Here’s to hoping it grows fast!
No, seriously though, everything is cropped.
I can’t believe it’s June either! Like WHAT?!
Memorial day I had the best soft-serve EVER. It was so smooth and creamy, OMGAH.
I chopped a few inches off a week or two ago into a lob, I’m on the fence about it. But I have wicked curly hair, so if I don’t chop it off in the begging of summer it gets to be unbearable. If I don’t straighten it, I can’t go more than one day because curly hair brushed out just looks weird on me.
I want that ice cream cone!! And I would totally be all over a medium!
Haha I love that Eddie wanted you to clarify about Tom Hanks.
I read this while watching reruns of Big Love.
Grrrrr, my iPad hates me. Thanks for sharing the Pitch Perfect unknown facts. Love that movie! Your husband is so funny. Glad you clarified. Ha!
Number 4. Couldn’t agree more. Like, helloooo I need something substantial to cover up all the food I just ate at that buffet!
I have a Mistresses love too (not ashamed :) ) and I did not notice that it was back on, thanks for the heads up!
I chopped 6-8 inches off my hair in April. I have NEVER done that, always had long hair. And my hair is curly. I really love the cut, (and strangely, so does my husband), BUT, I am really feeling lost that I cannot put in up, or back or ANYTHING!! Its too short for everything (to thick for cute headbands).
I am torn if I should grow it back or embrace it and learn how to accessorize it!!
I seriously can’t stand that all the tops are cropped lately. I’m not a skinny minnie that can pull them off so it’s frustrating to find cute tops.
I love Pitch Perfect, so much. I also am not impressed by the insane amount of cropped tops and hi-low skirts everywhere…
Seriously, I feel like all I do is tug at tops to pull them down. I thought i had bought petite by accident, but I didn’t.
Wow, that ice cream looks amazingly delicious and now you make me hungry for ice cream ! :3 Anyway, great post as always <3 xo
The Normal Heart I literally cried 95% of that movie, it even has me checking out books at the library on how, where, and why the disease started. That movie/play was crazy good!
Oh my god I actually could not agree with Eddie more re. Tom Hanks, and I’m so glad I’m not alone in the world!!! I feel super un-American and evil for not really liking him (and I also dislike Julia Roberts… yikes!) but it’s like, in every movie, I don’t really see him as a character, I just see him as TOM HANKS. If that makes sense. I’m so sorry world!! :)