tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. I can’t stop with this passion-whatever tea from starbucks. It tastes better than iced coffee in the heat. Yeah yeah, I know I can make my own. I even bought it! So basic.

2. These fiery shrimp lettuce boats! I want I want. Dinner tonight.

3. Birthday cake m&m’s taste exactly nothing like birthday cake.

4. Um. Less than a month until the Jersey Boys movie comes out. Dying.

5. One of my favorite things ever: when celebrities read mean tweets about themselves. Cannot.stop.laughing.

6. Can we all agree that twitter parties… just need to stop? Or am I in the minority?

7. Remember last week when I told you I watched Captain Phillips? Eddie walked in halfway but refused to watch it because he “doesn’t like Tom Hanks.” Uh, what? Excuse me? I told him he was unamerican. WHO doesn’t like Tom Hanks? Regardless, it ended up being on HBO again one night and he watched it and was glued to the screen and now we just walk around the house shouting “I’m the captain now.”

8. So this week the only thing I watched was Mad Men since the rest of my favorite shows are over. UGH I can’t even take how much I loved it. I hate that it’s already over. I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season. Not so unrelated – last night HBO had an episode of Big Love on and I wish that show was still going. Oh oh and last summer I shared my extreme embarrassment at actually kinda maybe liking that show Mistresses and I think it’s coming back. I’ll just pretend I’m not watching it though and sit in my own second hand embarrassment. For myself.

9. These 37 things I’ve learned by 33. I may not be 33 but these are spot on perfection.

10. The fruit pizza I made this past weekend was so ridiculously good. It was breakfast, lunch and dinner. For real. It’s FRUIT! Total health food.

41 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Niki — May 27, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

did you use the same recipe for the fruit pizza from the dark ages of 2010? looks SO GOOD!

Leslie — May 27, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

Your fruit pie and flank steak with caprese salad was a huge hit at my party this past weekend! Thanks for the help on instragram!

Elizabeth — May 27, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Number 7 made me laugh out loud literally. Number 2 looks delicious.. hopefully it isn’t too difficult and i can make it quickly. I like fast and tasty :D

P.S I love your Tuesday and Wednesday posts.. they make my week better : ) …Something to look forward to.

erin @hooleywithaz — May 27, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

we can shame-watch mistresses together…i share in the stigma!

Trang — May 27, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Agreed on the birthday cake m&ms. I was so disappointed. Epic fail. Did you pick up birthday cake Chapstick?!? Love!!!

Farah @ The Cooking Jar — May 27, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

Loving the link to celebrities reading mean things about themselves.

Casey @ Salted Plates — May 27, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

I’ve definitely made my own passion tea lemonade before, it’s so addicting I need to do that again

Larry — May 27, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

What’s a twitter party…. why wasn’t I invited? I could have brought cute party hats!!!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — May 27, 2014 @ 3:04 pm

I made the mistake of watching the last Grey’s and Mad Men of the season on the last day of the three day weekend. Talk about Slit-my-wrists Suzie. Don completes me.

Jill — May 27, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

Totally with you on the passion tea.

Dana Weinstein — May 27, 2014 @ 3:23 pm

I definitely watched Mistresses last summer too. Let me know if you start watching it again this season! I need someone to talk about it with!

Amber — May 27, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

Next time you’re in the M&M aisle, go straight for the Coconut ones. i’ll apologize in advance for the resulting addiction. They are the DEVIL!!!

Rose — May 27, 2014 @ 4:09 pm

#5 was amazing.. Sophia’s was hilarious!
    My boyfriend and I saw Captain Phillips in theater so like last year.. we still yell out I am the captain now, when one of us takes over cooking, driving, cleaning.. you know, whatever.. never gets old. Anyone who doesn’t love Tom Hanks has some Green Mile, Big and Sleepless in Seattle to get re-acquainted with.

Kelly V — May 27, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

I secretly watched Mistresses last summer and was shocked, yet pleased to see its back!

I am with Eddie, can’t handle Tom Hanks…not sure this can even persuade me to watch this new one. To me, he is always the same, and I just cringe because I always think he’s like a really dorky dad embarrassing himself even though he never knows it.
    I know…take my citizenship away!

Kelly V — May 27, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

…and yes, totally aware I just endorsed an Alissa Milano summer drama while insulting an Academy award winning icon.

• Jessica — May 28th, 2014 @ 10:44 am

HAHAHAHAHA

samantha — May 27, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

I love summer tv shows….maybe not as much as the fall shows, but there’s still some great stuff on. Such as: Hankmen, MasterChef, Pennysomething (can’t remember the whole name, but it has Josh Harnette in it!!!). White Colar, and there’s a whole bunch of new stuff coming that I’m sort of looking forward to watching.

Stacia — May 27, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

I hate that they are dividing this season of mad men into two sections. If they are a year apart call it two different seasons. Don’t confuse me. Rant done. :)

Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onion — May 27, 2014 @ 5:56 pm

Passion tea lemonade, half sweet with 1 pump of raspberry, that’s how I order mine… so yummy.

April — May 27, 2014 @ 7:05 pm

I am all about those damn refreshers and the passion fruit iced teas. So good.

I just watched Captain Phillips this last week and wow, just wow. I was not expecting to be so engrossed in it and emotional!

Thank you for that link about the 37 things…amazing.

Jennifer S — May 27, 2014 @ 7:24 pm

I could not even believe how good that last episode of Mad Men was. They definitely stepped up their game in those last couple of episodes. Celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves is the best. Also, ice tea in the summer time cannot be beat. It’s all I want to drink ever.

-Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — May 27, 2014 @ 7:50 pm

Twitter parties? Couldn’t agree more. They need to stahp.

DessertForTwo — May 27, 2014 @ 8:05 pm

Yikes, yes twitter parties need to stop. Too bad I have a paid one coming up. Ugh.

Kate @ The Endorphin Junkie — May 27, 2014 @ 9:28 pm

#4 and #5…love them both! I saw Jersey Boys on Broadway in NYC and also in Chicago…love love love it!!

Elizabeth — May 27, 2014 @ 9:44 pm

Don’t even get me started on birthday cake M&Ms, such a disappointment.

Bryn — May 27, 2014 @ 10:17 pm

i bought birthday cake oreos and they were a huge disappointment!!

Sues — May 28, 2014 @ 12:02 am

I was really disappointed by the birthday cake M&Ms. Like, how are they getting away with that???

Nancy — May 28, 2014 @ 7:58 am

Hi Jessica, your fruit pizza looks better than any fruit pizza I’ve ever made, could you point me in the right direction for your recipe? Thanks!!

Ashley — May 28, 2014 @ 8:46 am

I juuuust found the mean tweet thing last week and died. So so so good. I love how some of them are like, “aww, that was really mean…” I’ve been in one twitter party thing and it was actually kind of fun…but I see it as like a once a year occurrence, haha.

Lindsay — May 28, 2014 @ 8:57 am

A Jersey Boys MOVIE!? Ahhhhh. I saw the Broadway show this year and loved it. that’s so exciting!!

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — May 28, 2014 @ 9:27 am

Love the 37 things, posting it!!

Nicole deB. — May 28, 2014 @ 9:43 am

I don’t like Tom Hanks. My husband can’t believe it, either. Except for the movie That Thing you Do. But that totally doesn’t count.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — May 28, 2014 @ 10:16 am

Passion Fruit Tea. The ONLY reason I ever go to Starbucks. And Jersey Boys? Right there with you.

Kristen — May 28, 2014 @ 10:40 am

I woke up thinking about Passion Fruit tea this morning. They are Summer to me.

• Jessica — May 28th, 2014 @ 10:43 am

your fault!!

Moriah — May 28, 2014 @ 1:01 pm
    Jennifer — May 28, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

I watched Mistresses last summer too! But only on Sunday nights when my roommate was at the gym, my boyfriend had gone home and I could watch the craziness with a bowl of popcorn. I thought I was the only one that watched it!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats — May 29, 2014 @ 12:51 pm

How can you not love Tom Hanks?? Also my boyfriend did the same thing- he would NOT stop saying “I am the captain now” after we watched that movie.

Jaina — May 29, 2014 @ 4:16 pm

Colour me stunned – had no idea that was the series finale of Mad Men! Ahh… now it all makes so much sense.

Oh and the Tom Hanks thing? My OH is of the same thinking. I need to sit him down and make him watch Captain Philips.

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner — May 30, 2014 @ 11:48 am

HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LIKE TOM HANKS?!

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is