Chewy Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Let’s make these a thing.
The ultimate trashy snack. Chips in cookies!
And let’s talk about how I was so intensely drawn to these cookies that I barely photographed them because I just wanted to shove them all in my face. IN LOVE.
I’m not ashamed to say that this is the first recipe that was born out of a pregnancy craving. Sure, I’ve eaten a lot of fruit and gone crazy for things like tomatoes and corn and all the regular summer stuff. But THIS was a legit weird craving – like I want some cookies but I can’t do them without a bag of potato chips and they have to be kettle cooked chips and they HAVE to be super chewy cookies.
I mean it’s not a peanut butter and pickle sandwich but it’s close.
The whole cravings thing for me is weird. I love food so much and have “craved” foods my entire life – I mean for five years here in this space almost every week there was a comment asking if I was knocked up because I was talking about how much I was desiring a certain dish or flavor.
And now it’s happened!
Okay wait. Actually I think a REAL legit craving would have been if I used salt and vinegar chips for these cookies.
Not gonna lie.
It crossed my mind.
But plain is okay because…
These are just so salty and chewy and chocolatey and ridiculous. The giant rainbow cookie is what I used as a base because just like the box of twelve holey but amazingly soft old t-shirts I threw in my dresser instead of tossing in the trash while moving house – I just can’t quit it. Ever.
If you’re into chewy cookies… and chocolate… and salt? And texture and stuff. DO THIS!
Chewy Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks, 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, browned and slightly cooled
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed kettle cooked potato chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the browned butter and both sugars until smooth and no lumps remain. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. At this point, switch from a whisk to a spoon and stir in the flour mixture. The dough may be crumbly but you can also bring it together with your hands. Stir in the potato chips and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Again, I use my hands here if needed!
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls (or larger) and space them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies appear set but not browned. Remove and let cool slightly before eating.
that’s a stack.