Embarrassingly Easy Chocolate Covered Grape Skewers.
I’m only mildly horrified that I’m telling you to dip fruit in chocolate and then calling it a “recipe.”
But I say “mildly,” because these are so darn good and if you’re not doing this already, you must must must. These may take over chocolate covered strawberries as my favorite “healthy dessert.”
You know. When there’s fruit… there’s health.
I won’t beat around the bush: all you gotta do is wash and thoroughly dry some plump grapes. How do we feel about the word “plump”? I rather like it. But I think it might evoke the same emotions in some that “moist” does.
Sorry. I’m really into quotation marks today.
Once the grapes are washed and dried, I skewer them – they are easiest to serve this way at parties! – then dip in chocolate (my preference is milk, obviously) and drizzle with white chocolate.
Because it’s pretty!
These are so simple to make for guests – and you can not only make them ahead of time, but you can make TONS of them and just set them out when you’re ready to go.
You should also make a few just for yourself because they are the ideal afternoon snack. Or breakfast. Whatever.
- 1 1/5 cups seedless black grapes
- 6 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces high-quality white chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- for topping: sprinkles, sea salt,
- Wash and dry the grapes thoroughly. Melt the dark and white chocolate, stirring 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil into each. I like to do this to create a firmer coating.
- Skewer 4 or 5 (or more, whatever!) grapes on bamboo skewers. Dip the grapes into the dark chocolate and use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the grapes, covering them all, and then let the excess run back into the bowl. Place on a sheet of parchment paper to firm up. Once the dark chocolate is firm, drizzle the white chocolate on top. At this time you can cover the chocolate with sprinkles or sea salt or let it be. These stay firm at room temperature, but they taste the best when refrigerated!
I permit you to eat them all.