1. I have the CRAZIEST desire to make a gingerbread house. It’s like three days strong now. I am dying to make one. I’ve probably only done it once or twice in my life but ever since this past weekend I’ve been saying I NEED TO MAKE A GINGERBREAD HOUSE. I think this is a nesting thing. Though how helpful it is that I am nesting by creating a faux home has yet to be determined…
2. It would be totally awesome if someone could deliver this double chocolate party cake to my mouth right now. Please and thank you.
3. Add this word to the list that I can never spell correctly: neutral. And I just spelled it wrong again.
4. Guess what I haven’t done at all? Christmas shopping. That’s probably great.
5. Is anyone else freaking over the Into The Woods movie? With my pretend BFF Meryl Streep? GAH. I am so eager to see it. That was one of the first musicals I ever saw as a kid.
6. Every year at this time I get super jealous of everyone doing Elf on the Shelf and the crazy things they do night after night. Then! I realized that OMG I CAN DO THIS SOON. Well, I mean, I’m closer to doing it than I was last year? Maybe Eddie and I should just do it for each other.
7. 34 images to push you over the edge. I can’t.
8. A bunch of my favorite shows were on hiatus this week, and let’s just say that I’m super fearful for SOA tonight. But let’s see – what are you thoughts on the Walking Dead finale? First of all, Rick is totally looking like Jesus. Second, I don’t think they showed enough of Daryl’s arms. Hint hint. I wasn’t crushed by this finale like I have been in years past. I still love the show though. I think I was more crushed by the Talking Dead! If you watched it, you’ll get me. Also, I wrote about this in my favorites yesterday but I got Eddie hooked on The Affair. AHHH. SO good.
9. I don’t even want to tell you this but the night before Thanksgiving I got sucked into a Snooki and Jwoww marathon, probably because it was a few episodes before JWoww gave birth (which did nothing but continue to terrify me). I watched it for like four hours into the late of night, and during I did end up setting my stuff out to pack a hospital bag (which has yet to be packed…) and also decided that if you’ve ever watched the Kardashians, Snooki and Jwoww are actually likeable and stuff. File that under “things I’ve learned this holiday season.”
10. I share this pig ornament every year when putting up the tree, and it’s probably my favorite ornament we have. I mean, yeah of course I love the sentimental ones, but a sectioned fat little piglet? I die.
11. Yeah. I know. I realize I “die” or “am dying” over just about everything. I’m sure I’ll be onto something new soon.
31 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I get those Sur La Table ornaments for each of my family members’ every Christrmas!!! It has been my tradition for the past three years. (And they are all sentimental for one reason or another to each person.). Thank god they are constantly coming up with new ones!
That chocolate cake … mmmmyyy-gaaaaaaaaawwwd!
Tom’s teeth. No. Too weird!
YES to the Into the Woods movie. I love Meryl Streep and Into the Woods is win win. But I’m scared they’ll make it dark–like, really dark. Like nightmare-inducing dark. Will they? Eek. (Also, it doesn’t take much to scare me haha)
So, I have not bought one thing for Christmas yet and even worst I have kids. Elf on the shelf is absolutely the best thing ever. My older kids love coming up with ideas for the younger ones!!
talking dead! yes! she was so emotional!
SOA SOA SOA. that is all. Also, gingerbread houses are awesome, so I totally feel your need girrrrrl!
I’m devastated by the Walking Dead finale although its true it wasn’t as upsetting as some of the other deaths on the show. I think what really is upsetting me about it is that I AM DYING for Daryl to have a love connection!!!!! And don’t even try and ship me on Carol and Daryl…I’m not into it!
My husband also has a fascination with the Elf on a Shelf and since we don’t have kids yet he asked if I would do it for him this year. You could have seen my eye roll a mile away after that one but secretly I do think it would be fun! I just can’t commit to all of that work for a 32 year old kid!
gahhh that piggie ornament!!!!!!
I’m completely obsessed with The Affair…best show on TV right now. Also freaking out over SOA. I am going to be so sad when it’s over but also kind of relieved because it is so high stress! And don’t worry, my hospital bag wasn’t packed either (just had stuff set out that I THOUGHT I wanted) and I was induced almost 2 weeks early. I hardly used anything in my bag. Just basic toiletries and a comfy PJ situation.
Me & my sister attempted to make a gingerbread house last year and it totally failed. It tasted great but it would not stand up so we turned it into a hurricane disaster house but I want to make a proper one!!
Christmas shopping is bad. I am too selfish of a person. I find something and buy it for that person…and then buy me one. :) So I try not to shop.
Don’t know if this link will work right and not saying your Gingerbread House will fail but clever idea:
We haven’t watched Walking Dead yet this week, but thanks to Facebook spoilers, I’m aware of how it ended. Darn internets. I’m pretty bummed. Very curious now to see what you mean about Talking Dead!!!
I haven’t bought a single solitary gift either and have no idea what I’m going to buy people. Amazon Prime will be getting a lot of my $$ this year!
yes to #5!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE into the woods!!!!!
OMG yes!! I’ve been dying to make a gingerbread house too. Even though I can’t eat them because I’m severely gluten intolerant, whomp. Also totally freaking out over the Into the Woods movie! Love!!
Tom Cruise’s face! OMG! ha.
gosh, “neutral” is one of those words that keep getting weirder and weirder the longer you look at it. ew. it also really reminds me of “neutered” and dismembered parts… aahhhh. thanks for ruining that word for me forever. ha!
Love the ornament…I can’t wait to get the Deviled Egg Tray one this year from Sur La Table…is it crazy to get so excited over an ornament?
Oh, I just saw a cool looking gingerbread house set at TJ’s that I wanted. You probably need it. :)
This is me and my husband’s first married Christmas together, so I’m dying over everything too ;) And we just built our first gingerbread house two nights ago.
I was inspired by the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. They have a gingerbread house competition every year and it is the most amazing thing you’ll ever see! Look it up. I also have a post about it here: http://athisfeetdaily.blogspot.com/2014/11/gingerbread-houses-at-grove-park-inn.html
Elf on the shelf…the excitement and sometimes hysterics each morning is so worth it!
Thanks for the Double Chocolate Party Cake recipe-this shall be my birthday cake. Anything that states, “Chocoholic’s Dream” is right up my alley. I better test it before May though, because that’s how I roll. This will be a super fun surprise on New Year’s Eve!!
Omg, I’m dying to make gingerbread men and a gingerbread house for them. I’ve never had the urge to do it this badly before. I might cave this weekend. Probably.
AND WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ORNAMENT!!!! I know you probably said before but I forget. Help! I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. I DIE.
Ha ha… you’re totally right about Rick looking like Jesus. If they keep going like this progressively shaggier look, in a few seasons, he is going to be looking more like Moses or a skinny Santa. And Daryl will be useless with a crossbow because he won’t be able to see past the thick mop of hair in his eyes.
How did I not know about Into the Woods? Fave musical ever!! I die!!! ; )
Hi! I really love that you added a baby drop down category to your “Crumbs” tab!
Hope that you’re going to make drop down categories for all the rest of your Crumbs also to make them all easier to find and follow! And I love that ornament!
Oh I make a gingerbread house every year. Of course I go the easy way and buy a premade boxed type. The fun is just decorating it.
Gah! I love your pig ornament! I haven’t started Christmas shopping. Ugh!!! I had to get through a couple birthdays in our house first. Elf on the Shelf is fun except when you panic in the morning wondering if you moved it the night before. Costco has a pre-made house that is put together, you just add the decor. Haaaa!
Pingback: Max’s Birth Day. | How Sweet It Is