1. I soooo want to go on a spring/summer wardrobe binge. Have you done this yet? Right now I’m fantasizing over this skirt with a sleeveless soft denim shirt that I have. Eeeeep. And neon heels. Duh.
2. Guess what’s for dinner! This tomato and egg breakfast pizza. Adding bacon?
3. Speaker phone. What are your thoughts on it? I think it’s a rude way to communicate, the connection is always terrible and unless you’re doing something crazy like driving or have three kids hanging off of you, I’m not a fan. My husband talks on speaker phone ALL THE TIME. No one can ever hear him, the sentences cut out… it’s like pet peeve number one over here right now. So he is constantly calling me on speaker just to annoy me.
4. I burnt an entire batch of cupcakes over the weekend – like 24 of them. Didn’t realize it until I could SMELL the burnt batter. Did I make a second batch? Of course.
5. Last week it was the s’mores frappuccino and now Starbucks has a COOKIE STRAW. Why do they hate me?
6. Bird-nest-on-our-front-door-update: babies hatched and a day later went MIA. Wah. I’m trying not to feel all the feels. Says the person who never cared about this before she had a child.
7. Over the weekend “how do you talk to an angel” was piped through the grocery store speakers. Oh hey, throwback. (I still knew every word.)
8. TV TV! I am going nuts over Mad Men for next week especially since the previews were like one line sentences that didn’t enable us to string anything together. I really loved Sunday’s episode. And WTF Grey’s Anatomy. I don’t even like you as a show, I think you should have ended five years ago, but I’m the biggest hypocrite of life and am sucked back in after that mess last Thursday. I just wish the show could’ve ended instead of that unbelievable plot.
9. Why dreams die on Mondays. As a regular Monday night freak out person (especially now), I love this!
32 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
mmmmmmm cookie straws!!! now the wait is on for a twizzler straw? :)
omg, my brothers and i used twizzlers as straws all the time as kids!
I saw and want that skirt…but it’s already sold out in my size. Sadness. Great sadness.
Mad Men previews are ALWAYS like that!!! We always crack up at how ridiculously un-conclusive they are!
Oh, I adore that skirt.
I talk to everyone on speaker but no one has complained, so hopefully it’s good. The face oil on smartphone thing kind of grosses me out.
OK, Derek was in Washington. Why couldn’t he just have stayed there? Why do 937 people die on Grey’s every year? While 2 people in the entire history have simply moved. I mostly just hate-watch while I do other things.
Gah, my coworker uses speakerphone all day every day. And of course, since the connection is terrible as you said, she turns the speaker volume waaaay up, and then yells back to the person on the other end. PICK UP THE PHONE.
Also I would really like a cookie straw and frappuccino now!
Omg cookie straws do sound amazing right now! I might just have to take a trip after work haha!
Oooh and I love that top!! :)
I’ve heard so many great things about mad men, I should check it out!
Have a great day! Thanks for sharing!
Keely /// keelyashton.blogspot.com
OMG girl that skirt is EVERYTHING… you need that immediately. And I always talk on speakerphone bc a) the iPhone is too big for my face so ppl can’t hear me or I’ll accidentally FaceTime them or something and b) I get a crick in my neck :)
Ummm so I just completed Round 3 of my spring wardrobe binge and I am so grateful to you/this post for TOTALLY justifying it … And on that note, THAT SKIRT. I don’t think you can be expected to live without it.
Your grocery store & my gym must use the same satellite radio station – I just heard that song and couldn’t help myself, singing along happened.
I totally feel you on the whole speaker phone thing. I would MUCH rather someone be talking on their bluetooth than on speaker phone. I don’t want to hear your awkward conversations in Walgreens thankyouverymuch.
Also, cookie straws? Why do you hate (love) us Starbucks?!
I hate speaker phone too! But I love the Smores frapp!
I’m ga-ga for a new spring wardrobe too .. also, please ignore the fact that I just said ga-ga :(
Breakfast pizza – always – with bacon, as if there’s any other way!
And speaker phone – i hate hate hate hate hate it … seriously. I don’t know why it was invented, by dad uses it for everything. To call people, to listen to voice mail , to answer his calls … I hate it!!
And I have a date with that s’more frap on friday … I hope we get the cookie straws in canada!!
Speakerphone-HATE it!!!! My boyfriend is the same way with using it, but I have to admit that it does come in handy when I am stuck on hold with customer service or something.
I really liked Man Men a lot better than I have the past couple of episodes. They are giving me so much anxiety about whether everything will get wrapped up neatly, but at least now someone knows Peggy’s secret, and we can see where things are going with the business.
Ohhh no!!!! Bird babies!!! Growing up, a bird made a nest in one of our dining room windows. I may or may not have touched the nest once or twice, and the babies ALSO disappeared within like a few days of being born. I felt guilty for MONTHS, because I was convinced I killed them all.
I hate speakerphone too! But I love the skirt so much – I’m definitely going to try it on this weekend! And I just tried the s’mores frappuccino. I had about 1/8 of a tall and got a stomachache. Waay too sweet for me!
Wow a cookie straw! So cool I’ll have to check that out! I loved reading Why Dreams Die on Monday. So inspirational that your dreams can be met with many baby steps. Sometimes I feel that we expect change overnight and its discouraging, but it is possible!!
A cookie straw?! Seriously?! Wow, Starbucks has definitely outdone themselves. It does sound very yummy and unique though, so I’d be curious to try it out.
Oh, those Mad Men teasers drive me nuts! Joan saying “ooh” doesn’t tease anything! So sad it’s almost over, though! :'(
#1 Totally went on a spring/summer shopping binge and now I can’t stop.
#2 Despise speaker phone.
#3 bird babies? *sigh* we have a natural area for a backyard and every year we have so many babies and every year I get attached.
#4 Mad Men! Yay! But the ‘next time’ teasers are ridiculous. Still love the show.
Grey’s Anatomy? Totally agree. I quit watching after the writer’s strike however many yeas ago. Why won’t it end? Make it end.
Omg! My best friend called me this morning to tell me about the Starbucks cookie straw! And I talked to her on speaker …. :(
I have a legit reason! I’m kind of a germaphobe and my phone schkeeves me so bad…like, my hands and other people’s hands touch it and I drop it and it’s on random counters and places and i’m in nyc which isn’t exactly known for being super duper clean and I just don’t want all that touching….my face
I love “why dream die on Mondays” so well written, and so true.
A COOKIE STRAW?!?!
My life is now complete. <3
TV and cupcakes, there’s no shame in that guilty pleasure.
Speaker phone is the worst, especially if you share an office. It’s only 1% less annoying when you use the speaker phone to dial and then pick up after someone answers. I still have to listen to your annoying dial tone and ringing. Just keep your phone call to yourself, please. I need a damn cookie straw to make me feel better.
I’m so with you on that speaker phone thing! I can’t stand it when someone does that especially if what I’m talking to them about is private!
You need to watch the Fall on netflix… has the same guy in it as 50 shades of grey,. Just saying. Totally addicting and awesome in every way. You’ll love it.
I can’t believe you don’t watch The Following!!!!! I would LOVE to hear your reviews after each show!!!!!!!!!
I’m guilty of ALWAYS talking to everyone on speaker phone unless they complain and I have to turn it off. I just hate holding the phone to my face… it tires my arm out and I can’t get anything else done at the same time and even though I’m constantly sanitizing my phone, no matter what it’s still not really CLEAN and I don’t want to smudge my makeup and and and… If I could choose, I’d much rather text or use Voxer. It’s just easier and I talk on the phone all day at work (which I HATE), so… you know. Just don’t call me, lol.
I still haven’t tried the new Smore drink at Starbucks, but I have heard so many good things. Maybe tomorrow morning!! I had a cake and cupcakes fall on me last night….pretty sure the batter rested too long before i baked it… starting over tonight…
Oh Starbucks! I cannot live without you. I try to do my best to stay away due to the price but now they have Happy Hours for May 1-10th. Half price lattes. S’mores latte here I come.
I finally tried the s’mores frappuccino at Starbucks yesterday and it did not disappoint. I saw the cookie straws while I was in line and almost grabbed one but thought better of it. I’m going hiking tomorrow so will clearly need another s’mores frap (because it’s outdoorsy) so maybe I will get the cookie straw then!