Whipped Mexican Grilled Corn Dip.
One more grilled corn recipe. One more!!!!
I just took, like, my most favorite summer thing ever and made it into a DIP.
Because dips mean snacks and appetizers and hey let’s sit out on the deck and enjoy these last bites of sweet corn with fresh lime juice and crumbly queso fresco. I’m in.
Are you in?
I swear. I promise I’m almost finished. This time of year is just the best.
Yes, this looks a little wacky since it’s yellow, but it’s all that glorious sweet corn whipped into a lovely hummus-like spread. It’s fantastic with pita chips but guys. GUYS!
I ate it with… vegetables too. Like raw vegetables. Like some vegetables I don’t even care for that much (i.e. celery, carrots) and some vegetables I do enjoy to an extent (red, orange peppers) and man oh man oh man. It is lovely.
Okay, first, obviously, I ate it with pita chips (these are pita crisps from Trader Joe’s – wildly addicting and fantastic) but then when we finished it off at night, I pulled out all the stops. We had out crackers and pretzels and tortilla chips but also all those orange and green and red things I mentioned above.
We were feeling alllllll the dippers.
(sidebar: this is after I made Eddie watch the second season finale of Dawson’s Creek because after mentioning it last week, I couldn’t stop thinking about it and have been watching and episode or two every night because apparently, I’m regressing in life. And do you even know what he asked me? “Who does Joey end up with in the end?”
Uh, please repeat? What? How have we been in a relationship for eight plus years?
And no, I won’t tell you because I’m going to 1. search for it on youtube for you to watch immediately (fail) and 2. now make you watch the entire series with me so you can see for yourself.)
Anyhoooos: whipped corn dip.
I’m not crazy, it’s truly quite delicious. I didn’t invent the idea (this whipped corn dip from food + wine was my inspo) but the whole grilled corn + lime + fresh cheese + spice was, because I can never get enough of that combo.
In fact, I like to think that I began this warm season with the mexican grilled corn combo and now I’m finishing it off on it too.
The base is a light ricotta BUT – you could even try goat cheese or feta and while it may be a bit richer and tangier, I think it might taste like one of the best things on Earth?
So. It’s kind of like this white bean dip’s slightly edgier sister or something. Dreamy.
Whipped Mexican Grilled Corn Dip
- 5 ears grilled corn, cut from cob
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, for sprinkling
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the butter. Take about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of the grilled corn (since I cut it from the cob, I loosely fit it in about 2 cups) and add it to the skillet with the garlic and pepper flakes. Toss well and cook until the corn is warm and the garlic is sautéed, about 2 minutes. Remove the corn and place it in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the ricotta, salt, pepper and juice of two limes to the processor as well. Puree until combined and smooth. Taste and season additionally if needed. I continually scraped down the sides and pureed so the mixture would resemble a smooth hummus. If the dip won’t smooth out easily, add a tablespoon of ice water at a time and blend again.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl or deep plate. With it with the leftover grilled corn, a bunch of torn cilantro, the queso fresco and a sprinkle of chili powder. Serve with veggie sticks, chips or pitas.
Oooooh so fresh and so sweet sweet.