1. Ummmm how cute is this triple stack donut cake? I want it in chocolate fudge.
2. In the most shocking turn of events in 2015, Eddie has started drinking smoothies with GREENS. This is unreal. I have no idea what prompted it but on Saturday he walked in the door and said he wanted to make a smoothie with spinach. Of course, this is years after I’ve tried to get him to drink one – like he wouldn’t even test the delicious one in my cookbook. WHAT.
3. Not gonna lie. I love the Old Navy commercials with Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
4. My worst nightmare happened late Friday night, in the car, in the dark, while sitting in the backseat with Max: a BUG FLEW DOWN MY DRESS. I couldn’t see it but just felt it and the monstrous flipout was unlike anything you can imagine. I absolutely loathe loathe loathe bugs.
5. Do you organize your books by color? I have my cookbooks organized by color since I easily remember the cover and it makes the kitchen look pretty. And I have tons. But all my other books… not sure I could.
6. I’m in a major instagram rut. It’s true. Whomp whomp.
7. Oh I have so many TV things to talk about. First, did you watch Fear the Walking Dead? Eddie liked it but I’m sort of on the fence. Second, did you watch the unauthorized Full House special on lifetime? I died. Third, did you know that the Lachey brothers have a freaking reality show on A&E?! Fourth, I tried to watch Wet Hot American summer on Netflix and it made me cringe with secondhand embarrassment the entire time. I just… couldn’t. Thoughts?
8. This is so my brain right now. mom+work+lifebrain
18 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I organize my books by genre and topic because I am a huge nerd.
what are all of the cup with lemon wedges in them about???
OMG YES to #8!!! That sums it up perfectly. I feel like all the little mistakes make me feel like they undo all the greater accomplishments…at times. And I’ve learned to not point out when my husband suddenly decides to try (and love) a previously hated food. We’re both BEYOND stubborn, and I’ve learned the hard way to just let it happen without comment. It is fun to rub it in sometimes with a simple “I win.” Hahaha.
I can’t wait to watch Fear the walking dead! We have it taped but are so behind on shows… I’ve been busy catching up on Ray Donovan and Hell on Wheels.
That donut cake is just spectacular. I mentioned it in a recent blog post, too. Yah for the green smoothies. Better late, than never. :)
um. so. MY WORST NIGHTMARE happened two Saturdays ago. Frankie and I went out to eat at a new-to-us restaurant on the upper east side and I was casually enjoying my sangria – we’re sitting outside on the patio (aka sidewalk) – and then Frankie gets this look on his face. and I’m like WHAT. and hes like I don’t know if I should tell you. so then I obviously HAVE TO KNOW and beat it out of him. and he goes “um. theres a cockroach crawling up the building behind you” I almost cried. I told Frankie we HAD to move tables and I was freaking out and he made me go to the bathroom while he waited for the waitress to come over to ask to move. I come back and we’re at a new table and Frankie tells me… so it crawled down to the ground and now its over there (he gestures around the table next to us) – he says he saw it crawl up the leg of the table next to us and I literally start almost crying again. to the point where I JUMPED out of my seat because I THOUGHT I felt something fall in my lap (there was nothing) and eventually (two seconds later) I got up and left the restaurant and made Frankie tell our waitress we had to go because “I didn’t feel good” – so basically. I feel your bug pain. I’m living in fear of cockroaches now.
That donut cake looks straight out of The Simpsons. As a librarian I can’t bring myself to arrange books aesthetically. Genre, author, title. But if you remember the color of the cover, you deserve rainbow shelves. Overall I thought Wet Hot American Summer was fun, but the outrageous mortification and teenage boy jokes were just too much. My husband loved them, of course.
Have you seen Wet Hot American Summer, the original movie? You have to watch it several times to be in the right place to watch the Netflix series. But yes, it’s a very weird kind of humor. I may appreciate it too much because I first saw it at summer camp with my fellow camp counselors and we related too much to it. Anyways. Yes.
I totally agree with you Lizzie!! I can relate to the original so much as I was a camper and counselor for so long!! The jokes are hysterical, but definitely a weird sense of humor that you have to understand!!
I loved the mini series on Netfix and I binge watched the entire thing, LOVED seeing the evolution of Gene!!!! :)
In an Instarut? More pictures of Max are always welcome. Hint hint ;)
A bug in my car IS MY GREATEST FEAR.
Hahah about the green smoothie..my hubby just kind of looks at me like I must be cray cray when I try to give him one, so maybe one day he will just declare he is going to try one too? I can only hope.
i think I just need a whole new house with beautiful bookshelf that I can fill, right now i have to get rid of books every once in a while because I have no space, but your cookbook, it is always front and center ;)
And lol Wet Hot American summer…I was just crazy impressed with how good some of the actors look 10+ years later…and oh John Hamm….*swoon* lol.
Your instarut needs some inspiration. Check out the time’s new article. http://time.com/instagram50/
I’m also on the fence with Fear the Walking Dead. Wanted to love it but it seemed so stiff, not great acting, and not great photography. Somewhat saved by the resemblance of the actor who plays their son to Johnny Depp. Going to give it more time though.
I’m a little on the fence about FTWD, but since it was just the first ep, I think it’s too soon for me to make up my mind. I know a lot of people said it was kinda slow, but I think that’s mostly because we’re used to TWD, which is typically jam-packed with action and suspense. But I’m hoping FTWD gets better because I mean, we know things are about to go down. Also I TOTALLY DIED when I saw that doughnut cake. She is so creative!
So. A) That books by color stuff is the shit. My little heart lit up with glee.
B) Fear the Walking Dead – it was a little slow with the building of the characters and stuff but I think it has soooo much potential. Pretty excited to see where it goes.
C) Netflix has been pushing that Wet Hot American Summer. I wasn’t tempted at all and you just validated my thoughts. Thank you;)
I arrange my cookbooks by category : Compilations of a variety of moder recipes(such as Joy of Cooking), then Baking, International, Regional American, Holidays, Ingredient- Specific, and then all of my antique/vintage cookbooks are arranged chronologically. I pretty much only use cookbooks as an occasional reference, so the bulk of them are antique/ vintage. I never really follow a recipe.
The only way my husband will ever consume greens of any sorts is in a smoothie. He is a vegetable hater! He will also just open a can of green beans or peas and eat them straight from the can. Gag!!! I don’t even know how we stayed together after I first witnessed that obscenity?!