Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream.
Behold the newest love of my life.
This ice cream. AHHHHH. This ice cream.
It’s not about the ice cream, but I love that too.
This peanut buttery, fudgy cream from heaven is topped with the new Lindt HELLO Pretzel Bites and I don’t know how I can ever get enough.
Yes. PRETZEL BITES. As in pretzels covered in delicious, creamy premium milk chocolate. I find mine at Target. Obviously, because where else do I even need to go? Target rules my life.
These little bites o’ love are RIDICULOUS. If you have forever been a massive fan of all things sweet and salty, there could not be a better treat. Considering that I am such a chocolate snob, the fact that Lindt is now making a bite-sized treat?!? I’m in trouble. No no no no no.
Also: I took a few bags of these on vacation last month (also in the Minty Bites + Toffee Bites!) and they were devoured. Like stop-fighting-over-them devoured. They are so perfectly poppable that they border on the edge of danger-danger-I-cannot-stop-consuming. They are an awesome pick-me-up for that mid-day slump when you just need an itty bitty sugar rush… annnnnd I’ve maybe had more than one handful with an afternoon espresso shot as I’m powering through the work and mom day.
Maybe. (Probably.) (Definitely.)
[Wait. Also, can we talk about this HELLO packaging? Over a year later and I just can’t deal with it. It is so cute and vibrant and calls to Target-obsessed millennials just like me. I want to design something this adorable.]
This ice cream is really huge deal. If you’ve been following along, you know that probably (definitely) my all time favorite ice cream is chocolate peanut butter from Kilwin’s. I’ve tried so many others and barely anything comes close – Haagen-Dazs is up there but not exact.
Well. THIS is super close!! In fact, if you let it get slightly soft and melty, I probably wouldn’t even know the difference. Besides the delicious HELLO bites, obvs.
Let’s forever make chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels a thing. Deal?
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces high quality dark chocolate, chopped (I love chocolove!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, slightly melted
- 1 bag of Lindt HELLO pretzel bites
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add 2 1/2 cups of milk. Whisk in the sugar, salt and cocoa powder until dissolved and combined. Keep it over low heat, stirring often for a minute or two.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch until smooth. Slowly whisk it into the warmed milk mixture and increase the heat to medium. Whisking the entire time (especially the bottom), bring the mixture to a boil. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes until it has slightly thickened. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the heavy cream just until bubbles appear around the edges. Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and pour the cream over top. Let it sit for 1 minute. Stir until a thick and smooth ganache forms and all the chocolate has melted. Stir the ganache into the milk mixture. Transfer the entire thing to a bowl let it chill in the fridge until completely cold, a few hours.
- Once cold, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the directions. I use the kitchenaid attachment and churn for 25 minutes. After 22ish minutes (or a minute or so before finishing), drizzle in 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Finish churning and remove the bowl. Stir in the remaining peanut butter (I love huge chunks!) and the HELLO pretzel bites. Place in a freezer safe dish or container. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
How stressed does this mess make you? Scale 1-10.
[this post is part of a partnership I’m doing with Lindt in 2015. I’ll be sharing a few more recipes over the course of the year and you can read more about my trip here!]