1. I feel like you know you’ve reached mom status when you just start throwing ALL clothes in the dryer. Like I don’t even bother hanging things to dry that shouldn’t be in the dryer now?
2. How wonderful does this whipped frozen yogurt sound?! I want it with all the fall things.
3. Have you seen the previews yet for Jem and the Holograms? I’m kinda sorta maybe hoping that this makes kids want to dress up as Jem for Halloween again. Since I did so, like, six times.
4. P.S. I still really hate dressing up but may do it for the sake of kids in a year or so. I already feel myself caving.
5. Apparently there is such a thing as a LISA FRANK CREDIT CARD. Is this real? Is it a joke? How can I get one? Right now?
6. I can’t even deal with all the TV on right now! Let’s go with my fave first: The Affair. LOVED it. Hate Noah. Homeland started slow for me but I watched it again last night and think it’s going to be good. More Quinn please. I liked Nashville and wasn’t surprised with the ending at all. Empire?? Eeeeee Cookie. I’m liking Scandal again too after not so much last year. Eddie is obsessed with Narcos on Netflix right now and while I am *kinda* into it, I always multitask when watching TV and there are so many subtitles that I have to pay attention. Still have yet to watch The Leftovers and Fear the Walking Dead. Thoughts?
7. Add to the list of things I will never be able to pull off: tie booties with slouchy socks.
8. Contemplating doing some DIY pumpkin things, only because I saw neon ones on pinterest. Uh, also, have you seen Target’s Halloween decor? Even Eddie wanted to buy some. WHY ARE THEY IN MY BRAIN?
9. Fall, 20 years ago, before pumpkin lattes! More importantly, Now and Then. Huge huge huge favorite.
10. You guys gave me the best pumpkin beer suggestions ever yesterday. But now, I want to try them all. Pumpkin beer party?
25 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I’m having trouble getting into nashville this season.. Have you seen project greenlight? I am so obsessed!
I’m hard core on the pumpkin train! I love it all! One of our grocery stores is carrying these amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake sandwich cookies. I’m trying to hold myself back from buying 27 boxes of them.
That whipped frozen yogurt sounds like perfection right now … aannnnd can we talk about that Fall 20 years ago list … :( It seems like so long ago .. .whhhhyyyy?!?! It makes me feel old … ahhh such a simpler time .. except maybe not.
Longtime reader, first time commenter here. I was APPALLED at first when I read #4 (having skimmed #3, my bad), and at first I thought you meant dressing up in general. As in, when I have kids some day, I can’t wear yoga pants and take off my bra when I get home? They’re going to judge me? THE HORROR. Then I realized you meant in costume, and all is well. And I laughed. :)
bahahaha omg. no no! yes, costumes. :)
Can I recommend a new Netflix show – The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt- written by Tina Fey and freakin hilarious! So many 90’s references- I am pretty sure you would enjoy it!
watched it and LOVED it!
I love #9!!! aaahhh, the memories of being 15… =) and yes, I will be dressing up this year for my kids’ sake – they found my old halloween costumes and insist!
Watch the LEFTOVERS! it was goooooood! Was afraid it would be totally different and i wouldn’t like it. Thought maybe it would be slow since they have to introduce new characters. It did not disappoint though! The sneak peak for next week already looks straight cray cray.
ahhh good to know!
Lol remember how AWFUL the store-bought Jem costumes used to be? I definitely had friends with homemade creations that were awesome, and I soooooo wanted to be Jem!
we had a pumpkin beer party last year. not only was it awesome on those merits alone, but it was also in celebration of my brother in law beating cancer. seriously the best reason for a party ever.
that is so awesome!!
Dear The Affair: where’s Pacey? I’m totally feeling Scandal is going to be better this year, too!
i knoooow… the good news is that he is going to have his own side this year? so it will be his perspective too, i’m thinking next week!
I had that Lisa Frank coloring book!! I think we gave out some of those (or something super similar) in my birthday party goodie bags that year since my bday is so close to Halloween.
My 5-year-old niece is dressing up as Jem because apparently she’s been watching the series on Netflix. Of course, this is super nostalgic for my sister, but she said the show is a lot meaner than she remembers it being. Either way, I can’t wait to see her dressed up as a tiny, pink-haired rock star. :D
this makes me so happy!! but meaner?! oh no! i need to watch.
LOVE slouchy socks and tie booties on other people, but… I can’t pull it off. I wish.
Yes on #1…just gave into that too, but on the bright side there aren’t many clothes sitting on the drying rack for far too long. And watch fear the walking dead. First couple episodes are not amazing, but it definitely gets better and is worth the investment.
Jessica, love your texts and your blog: -)
Yeah, I know his feeling when throwing ALL clothers in the dryer: -))
My son is now 11 years, it took me some ti e to unlearn this habit… (hated myself for this… I could hardly recognize myself in the first year…)
Have a great time with all these shows!
Um, I do that with my laundry NOW! I’m so screwed when we have kids.
GIRL, I was not into Scandal really at all last season either. I felt like the story got really dark and violent. But I’m liking this season so far. Have you watched Shonda’s newer show, How to Get Away with Murder?! SO SO SOOO Good. Check it out.
And I’ve really gotta start watching The Affair. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. :)
I am the same way with Narcos on Netflix! My husband LOVED it, but I multitask and/or fall asleep before he does so I couldn’t fully get into it! Apparently there is going to be a Season 2 in case Eddie is interested.
Ugh I know I’m turning into that dryer gal already.
And omg at the bottom of that Buzzfeed post on fall…that girl’s ring has no stone in it! Bugs me!