1. This pumpkin pie with speculoos cookie crust. HOW CAN I.
2. Last week I found an empty egg carton in the fridge. The worst of it was that it was UNDER two other egg cartons, both half full. I want to blame Eddie buuuuuut I’m pretty sure it might have been me.
3. My goal for now until the end of the year is to put on a holiday movie every night. I’ve fallen overboard and am drowning.
4. This update to the Alanis lyrics was the best thing I watched last week. I could not fight the giggles. Also, Jagged Little Pill was my first CD ever! Like ever ever. What was yours?
5. Twice over the weekend I went to Target just to walk through the Christmas portion of the store. Once with Max and once… without. Can I move in? How and why do I love everything they do so much? What does it take to get on their creative/marketing/brainstorming team? I think you have to have ESP or something.
6. THE AFFAIR!! oh my gosh. I cannot take it. The ending was SO so so good. I hope this show never jumps the shark. Tell me what you think! I was also freaking over Homeland and thought it was back to season one status of excellence. Well, almost. Eeeeep Carrie. I’m getting really bored of the single character episodes on Walking Dead, but I feel like they always play it this way?
7. 21 things life is too short for not to do. Honestly, my biggest thrill was that this is categorized under “chicken nuggets.” Whaaat.
8. If you could only eat ONE thanksgiving dish, what would it be? That’s a darn hard question.
9. Today my friend Laurie’s book comes out and she has the BEST recipes. Def gonna be a winner. Pick it up!
31 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
It would be a toss up between my mom’s stuffing and my aunt’s homemade cranberry sauce. Both are my faves!!!
If it was acceptable to eat stuffing year-round, I would absolutely eat stuffing year-round.
i’m going to have to go with jello salad. which seems ridiculously unsophisticated. but it’s one of those things that i can only justify amongst the thanksgiving gluttony, and the other things i most care about (garlic buttermilk mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and pecans, dessert) find their way onto my table the rest of the year anyways.
OMG I love the idea of a holiday movie every night. Have you ever done a post of your favorites? I feel like there are so many I haven’t seen and I need to narrow it down!
Definitely stuffing. Everything else I can get in some form during the rest of the year, but the stuffing is like nothing else. My second answer would be the day-after-Thanksgiving sandwiches I make with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Can I have those every day?!?!
Jagged Little Pill was my first CD EVER, too! We’re the same person. Love it!
green bean casserole. I eat canned green beans year round (I normally hate veggies).
The Affair is amazing! So unapologetic-ally dramatic.
My 1st CD was Jagged Little Pill too! I received a HUGE CD player along with the CD for Christmas one year! No one sang to my teenage angst laden heart quite like Alanis! We must be around the same age. Ah, memories. :)
My first CD ever was *NSYNC’s self titled album… *NSYNC. SO good. Can’t stop. I am pretty sure I still know every word. As for thanksgiving, my Uncle Matt’s stuffing with sausage and pecans or the pumpkin chocolate chip cheesecake – I’m getting all heart-eyed emoji just thinking about it!
Hungry by Nature
I started watching the Affair b/c of your posts. Binge watched last weekend and am now current. LOVING it. I hate Noah! LOL
Are you watching he Voice this year? There’s a guy on this season who looks like Eddie! Every time he sings, I’m just like, oh it’s Eddie again.
I just looked up his name – Barrett Baber http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/season-9/barrett-baber
Jagged Little Pill was my first cd, too! So many of us. I could probably sing the whole damn thing from start to finish right now… I’m going with mashed potatoes. But were you counting dessert? Because then it’s apple pie.
I went to Target last week and totally died over all the Christmas decos. Ever since, I’ve wanted so bad to go to Target just to wander the Christmas stuff. I’m not letting myself because I know I will spend way too much money!
I think we are soul sisters. Awkward. Alanis was my first CD too. That I bought with my own money because ones I stole from my parents don’t count.
Really really really good mashed potatoes – definitely
What is that first picture of? It looks like a s’more milkshake but it’s not mentioned…?
I need the answer to this too. I love toasted marshmallows!
I have to know! That looks yummy!
haha sorry guys!! it’s a s’mores shake from BRGR. ;)
My first time buying cd’s I got two, Alanis and TLC! <3 LOVE THE AFFAIR!! Everyone kind of bugs me a little on that show except Cole- he's perfect ;). And thank you so much for including my book in your Tuesday Things! XOXOXO!
My first CD ever was James Galway’s recording of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Yes, I was 14 and yes, I am that much of a nerd.
Thanksgiving food I could eat forever? My cranberry fruit salad with pears, apples, dates, nuts, orange juice, and pumpkin pie spice. SOOOOO good (especially a couple days later when it starts to ferment a little?!)
#7 – i can’t get over that there are three different tags about being naked, lol
Shut up, jagged little pill was also my first CD ever. Also, choosing a single Thanksgiving dish is impossible…it’s all about crafting The Perfect Bite that contains the turkey and the mashed potatoes and the stuffing and the cranberry. :)
I think my first CD was No Doubt… Tragic Kingdom. Annnnd, not gonna lie, I might still have my Alanis CD in the car. It’s a great road rage CD!
I’m Canadian and I miss Target so much. in the summer I went to Maine for 3 days and we went to Target 5 times.
I started watching the Affair after reading these posts. I love it, but I’m also a bit confused. Is the very end of the latest episode Allison and Scotty? EEK! What the heck? How? When? So many twists and turns.
#8 is not a hard question at all…Broccoli Cheese Casserole!!! Broccoli, velveeta, ritz crackers and butter cooked to melty deliciousness…don’t mind if I do :)
“No Strings Attached” – NSync was the first CD I ever bought myself, but the very first CD I was gifted was the craziest mix of 80’s songs which I pretty sure were all one hit wonders. It included fab hits such as Rock and Roll Part 2, Knock on Wood, and Don’t Worry, Be Happy. Super trippy, but I listened to it ALL THE TIME.
And for my favorite Thanksgiving food… my mom’s butterhorns. They are the most delicious pieces of bread I’ve ever had EVER. Give me a plate of those and I’m happy until Christmas.
Amy Grant’s greatest hits CD was the first one I ever owned. ‘Cuz that’s how cool I am!
Also, stuffing. Year-round stuffing for sure!
If you are loving the cookie butter crust…I put it in the actual pie. http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2015/11/06/pumpkin-cookie-butter-pie/
My first CD ever was Mariah Carey’s Daydream, which I got as a gift with my first-ever CD player (read: boombox). I also got Celine Dion’s Falling Into You, so… it was a super 90’s pop diva Christmas.
The one dish I would eat is my mom’s sausage and apple stuffing. Also, your lightened up sweet potato casserole, which I make every year. So good. Everyone else can have the turkey, just give me the carbs.
Homeland has been amazing this year and I die waiting till the next week’s episode.