White Christmas Margarita Punch.
No need to dream of your white Christmas today.
I’ve got it in a glass!
Merry Christmas you filthy animal.
I’m being forced to create our own white Christmas.
Because it’s crazy warm here, as in yesterday it felt like it was 70 degrees. And all I want is snow. Because I don’t want to be knee deep in ice come April! I’m selfish and want snow now, and no snow come January 1. Universe… are you listening?
These margaritas are certainly deceiving – while there are a few floating cranberries and some rosemary for decoration, they are actually… COCONUT cream margaritas. So you can be transported to the islands for Christmas!
No but really, I didn’t want to do a white chocolate margarita or a sugar cookie margarita or something like that. It kind of made my stomach turn. I have used this coconut margarita recipe in the past, and knew it would fit the perfect white Christmas bill. It’s what I used for my red, white and blue margaritas on the 4th of July and it’s a total hit!
The thing is though, you gotta watch your décor.
Like I wouldn’t stir the margarita with the rosemary sprig or anything. In fact, I wouldn’t even drop it in. It’s purely decoration which is unlike something I’d usually do, but it’s so, so pretty and so fun for the holiday season. I couldn’t NOT do it.
So you should totally do it! You’ll totally be in the spirit and if not… just add another drink.
White Christmas Margaritas
- 10 ounces silver tequila
- 8 ounces grand marnier
- 8 ounces lime juice
- 8 ounces coconut water
- 8 ounces canned coconut milk
- 6 ounces coconut cream
- 6 ounces coconut rum
- 6 ounces simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract, if desired
- for garnish: sprigs of rosemary and fresh cranberries
- Mix all ingredients together well – I find that for a large scale drink like this with something creamy (the coconut), it works best to make it in a large measuring glass or bowl and whisk it all together as opposed to shaking it. If desired, you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut extract for more islandy coconut flavor! Taste and add more syrup if you’d like more sweetness.
- Note: to make the simple syrup, combined equal parts sugar and water (like 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water) in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
109 Comments on “White Christmas Margarita Punch.”
Pingback: Fabulous Cocktail Recipes For Your Christmas Party – The Modern Embrace – Fashion, Travel, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog
I can’t wait to enjoy these!
How do you get it to not separate. I made this and it looked curdled and the alcohol separated from the coconut. Wasn’t what I was expecting…
Made at a cocktail party, everyone asked for the recipe! I added the cranberries and rosemary for a festive look. Just keep whisking!
I am so excited to make these for our Christmas gathering! (Yes- no more than 10 people here- Covid free- immediate family!) Thank you God for tiny miracles of family togetherness in this CRAZY year- and for White Christmas Margarita Punch!
Hi – want to make this for family Christmas gathering. Can it be made ahead of time & refrigerated, then shaken or blended to pour into pitcher?