1. No matter how organized you are, I truly believe in the power of the kitchen junk drawer.
2. My weekly struggle is that I really want to be classy, but I also want to buy neon hair ties while grocery shopping.
3. This DIY cereal cake?! How, what, where?! Now.
4. How do you listen to a new album that you download (or, um, a CD that you just bought, hello 1999). Do you listen to a few moments of each song all at once, or do you listen to the entire album, no matter how long it takes (even if it’s multiple days before you get through it)? I definitely do the first option in my impatient millennial lifestyle. Eddie does the second.
5. Holy freaking TV this week. Wow wow wow. Billions? SO good. I think Wendy is going to be in trouble though. GIRLS is back, and I love Adam, didn’t get enough Elijah, still felt embarrassed for Hannah and really wanted to do Marnie’s makeup. Also, Ray! My heart breaks. The freaking Walking Dead. OMG. Finally, that ending. I can hardly stand how much I just… loved it. And had waited for it. It was like I got butterflies. See also: I’m a loser.
6. I’ve accidentally on purpose (but mostly accidentally) been using a standing desk (aka, my kitchen counter) and I’m sort of… loving it. It feels GOOD. I seriously feel 62% more productive.
7. Can we talk about my complete freak out after realizing that Dolce Vita has a line at Target this Spring? DV makes some of my favorite shoes ever and I can hardly stand this. Eeeep.
8. 50 of the happiest feelings. How fun.
9. Um, how (in)appropriate would it be to respond to “what number can I call you on?” with “can’t we just do this over email?” I’m the worst.
25 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I started watching The Affair last week and I’m not embarrassed (but definitely probably should be) to admit that I’m on the final episode of Season 2. I blame you. So many different feelings watching this show!!! So good. And Joshua Jackson…ugh, so great.
#9 is so me. “I have to speak to you on the phone? Whyyyy?”
Yes!! The walking dead!!! Loved it!! I replayed the scene. It was such a nice gift to us the viewers. But now I’m paranoid that something really bad is about to happen. Cannot keep our guards down with this show. Cannot wait for the DV line at Target. I love their dresses, as well. So cute, elegant and effortless!
#9: Maybe you can get away with blaming Max. Unless you can schedule a call for a particular time, you can’t guarantee whether you’ll be available and able to answer a phone call in peace. Email!
4: I have a huge problem with latching on to one or two early favorites and not giving the other songs a fair chance, so I try to make myself listen to a new album in chunks on repeat — either by listening to each song a couple of times before moving on to the next song or by listening to the first half straight through and then repeating it. I don’t always have the discipline to make that happen (I’m probably less than a quarter of the way through the Hamilton soundtrack because I can’t quit “You’ll Be Back”), but when I do it really helps me process the whole album.
I’ve always had a standing desk at every job and looooove it. Seriously don’t know what I’d do without one. I’m such a busy body and hate sitting still..I don’t know how people sit at a desk for 8 hours. It really does help my productivity too! So many people make fun of me for it, buy hey, whatever works!
#9, my response is almost always, in every circumstance, my email address….you can reach me at my email address. If you can’t articulate what you need me to know or the questions you have for me in an email, I don’t need to be working with you.
I definitely feel more productive using my chest-height bed as a desk at school! I don’t always love getting in and out of bed, but it’s a small price to pay for increased productivity. Also, I could always buy a step-stool or something…
Oh man, Girls is back. I don’t know what I think of that show but I keep watching. And I am so much an email person. You have to be very special to get me on the phone.
Basically all of your feelings re TV are my feelings. And Hannah’s struggle with her dress and ultimate solution (bikini top?) was so great. Yay Girls!
I am obsessed with my new standing desk. I concentrate so much better and my posture is slowly improving!
Haha I completely agree with #1!!!
O.M.G. can’t believe I didn’t know about DV at Target. Gah, just when I thought you couldn’t get any better, you post this info. NOT good for my credit card.
Standing desks are the BEST! I love mine.
All I can say is I FEEL YOU on both the first and last items on this list. Piles and garbage in a drawer and never talking to anyone on the phone are two of my greatest passions in life.
The kitchen junk drawer… Uhoh, guilty. I’ve heard that standing desks are better, but to me it seems so tiring! Or am I wrong? Maybe I should try it sometimes.
I do number 9 all the time. I don’t have TIME to talk to them. It’s easier to email. I’m trying to hire someone right now through Angie’s List to do some work. All 3 contractors that I want to get estimates from have emailed me saying “call me so we can discuss” and I keep emailing them back “I’m at work and would rather do this through email”. So, if they want my business, they’ll do it through email!!!!!!!!!! No shame!!!
hey girl love your list!
New album – totally have to listen to the whole things and will put it off until I can carve out enough time to listen to it all at once (long walk or a long car ride when I drive to see my Dad).
Call vs email – business does not need to be done via telephone. I had to call a client last week and (luckily) got his voicemail and with my go-to response “I’m in the car for most of the day, if you could email me, I’ll be able to get back to you with everything you need much more efficiently” While I did happen to be out I have absolutely used the same line while sitting in my living room.
What are the red squares at the top of the page?
Oooo thanks for the heads up on the DV line at Target! I LOVE their shoes too!
I think #9 is not inappropriate at all. Email is more efficient! And if you need more reasons Forbes has a nice list of 10 reasons why calling is a waste of time http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/08/27/emails-only-please-10-reasons-phone-calls-are-a-waste-of-time/#1dac1bdd229c
HA #9! I totally do it all the time and don’t even care. I just say I have a toddler and his naps are unpredictable and it’s hard for me to schedule phone calls during the day, so if you could please just send me the important details via email so I can review first, etc. I LOATHE talking on the phone!
1. i love your blog and you and i write weekly(ish) posts inspired by tuesday things
2. NO ONE takes me seriously when i say that sitting is the new smoking but there’s a TON of research that shows that getting up every hour and using standing desks are so much better for you!
Hi Jess, what is the dessert in your pic?
And for point #4- Eddie and I are in the same boat! :-)