Almond Butter Roasted Banana Bread.
There is a time and place for banana bread, amiright?
Lucky for us, that time and place is NOW.
Hiiiii. It’s Friday! We made it. How are things? What’s new?
I’m super excited because tomorrow is our first official BRUNCHSHOP(!!!) and besides losing my brain all week (it’s definitely why I’ve been MIA on instagram and snapchat), I can hardly wait for the fun we have planned.
Let’s be real: is there ever a bad time for banana bread?
The only bad time in our house is when we don’t feel like eating an entire loaf in one evening, which is ummmm…. never. We always end up eating the entire thing. One little slice here, one little bite here, toast a piece after dinner, have a taste as a pre-breakfast snack, you know. All those things. 24 hours and it’s gone.
Before I know it, there is a crumb covered empty loaf pan sitting on the counter.
Banana bread has no hope for a lasting existence here. And I don’t hate it.
This banana bread is totally PACKED with flavor. Packed with lots of good things. Good things for us!
First up, I used olive oil instead of butter or coconut oil. Health food right there.
Second, I used lots of almond butter. Remember when I used to abhor almond butter? I wasn’t a fan at all and then I was introduced to Justin’s. Now I actually LIKE almond butter enough to put it in my banana bread.
I’m so glad that it’s been a part of my personal growth.
Third, almond flour. Yes! I added some in because I love the texture that it adds to baked goods. This isn’t gluten-free (however there are tonnsssss of gluten free banana breads on the internet. Truth.) but I wanted to add a touch more almond anyway.
And finally… I roasted the bananas. I freaking roasted them. I have no idea how I went all these years without roasting them for bread. Or at least caramelizing them in some way since “caramelize” is practically my middle name. Caramelize your life, friends!
Roasting the bananas took just a few minutes and you need to preheat the oven anyway, so it’s no bigs. They are so super sweet and wonderful, I don’t know if I can ever make banana bread another way now.
That’s a complete lie because I am always looking for the next best banana bread. I am a hopeless millennial who will never be satisfied with the best version of whatever I have, but that only means good things. MORE BANANA BREAD FOR EVERYONE.
Almond Butter Roasted Banana Bread
Almond Butter Roasted Banana Bread
- 4 medium bananas, they don’t need to be ripe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the bananas (with their peel on!) on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, until they are black. Let cool, then peel. Once cool, mash with a fork.
- While the bananas are roasting, whisk together the flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, yogurt, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add in the bananas and almond butter. Stir until the mixture just comes together. Pour it into the loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the outside is golden and the center is set.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Apologies in advance for your whole loaf consumption.