Chocolate Milk Iced Mochas.
We’ve come a looonnnnng way baby.
I’m now a coffee fiend (I MADE IT!) who desperately looks forward to that morning cup, even getting excited to go to bed just because of coffee in the morning.
It’s the verrrry little things.
Also, it’s miracle that I’m still married because Eddie 100% still loathes coffee, especially the smell of it. If I ever want him out of the house, I just make two cups. Works like a charm.
These adorable coffee ice cube balls?! I love them.
I found the molds at my local grocery store and they make every single morning better. Iced coffee weather for liiiiife.
Nearly five years ago I posted THIS about not loving coffee, but wanting to love coffee, but liking coffee ice cream… so making my coffee taste like coffee ice cream. It wouldn’t be until about two years later when I REALLY started drinking coffee and enjoying it sparingly, and then two more after that when I became slightly dependent on coffee (oh hi zero sleeping child) even when said coffee was black.
Which was practically blasphemy in my world.
It’s not a regular occurrence but it certainly happens in moments of desperation.
My new and improved semi-high maintenance mocha includes:
vanilla powder in my cold brew. ADDICTIVE. So wonderful and delicious
and… wait for it…
chocolate milk. Chocolate freaking milk! I can’t even tell you the last time I drank chocolate milk, but it was was probably like seven years ago when I bought it “to be healthy” because it’s a great post workout recovery drink. Ha. HAHAHAHAHA.
I drizzled in some chocolate syrup (trader joe’s version) here – a little on the bottom (it looks like a TON but theses are super skinny tall glasses) and a bit around the rim. I even like it without the chocolate syrup and in day to day life, usually skip it because I’d rather eat bacon, cheese, peanut butter chocolate spoons, pizza and burgers if I want them. You know?
But on the weekend? Give me all the chocolate.
Plus it saves me like a billion and two dollars at Starbucks.
Add it to the list for this weekend: coffee plus chocolate milk. It’s a dream.
- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla powder
- 3 1/2 cups cold, preferably filtered water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup cold chocolate milk
- coffee ice cubes
- The night before, add the coffee grinds and vanilla powder to the bottom of your french press or to a large measuring cup. Cover with the cold water. Place the in fridge (covered! or with the fresh press top, not pressed) overnight, for at least 8 to 12 hours.
- In the morning, press the coffee in the press or pour it over a coffee filter (or 2) into a larger bowl or pitcher. Fill a glass with a bit of chocolate syrup on the bottom and (coffee) ice cubes. Pour in your coffee and then fill the rest of the glass with chocolate milk. Drizzle extra chocolate on the rim. I’ve also topped this with coconut whipped cream!
- Note: I do have a nespresso that i use religiously and if I’m pressed for time or really craving cold brew, I’ll sometimes just brew that over ice. Slightly watered down but good enough for me!
buuuut I want, like, seven cups.