Grilled Chicken, Burst Tomato and Artichoke Skewers with Goat Cheese Dip.
Time to eat!
I’m bringing these chicken skewers to your house for dinner with copious amounts of goat cheese dip and tons of ice cold pinot grigio. Maybe some garlic butter bread that’s super golden and toasty because when you eat chicken and vegetables on a stick, there is, like, a ton of room for carbs.
All that protein and veg asks for a big carby hug. Also, it’s wonderful, because we can use that toast to soak up any extra delicious grilled marinade.
Ummmm yes please.
I mean, it can be flavored exactly the same way as the chicken we had the night before, but the fact that it’s cut into chunks and skewered on a stick with some vegetables and fruit, it’s COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
This is how my brain works. Welcome to my life.
So first, marinated chicken. Super flavorful and tender, kind of caramely once grilled. The char! It’s necessary.
Second, these grilled artichokes. I can’t stop buying them and we can’t stop eating them and there is absolutely no limit to what I will use them for. Beware.
Third, bursting, popping cherry tomatoes! The season is coming. Just don’t burn your tongue off.
Finally, charred, steamy lemon to give everything more flavor.
The chicken skewers are great, yes, but let’s talk about why we are all here.
The goat cheese dip.
And I don’t know which I love more: the chicken covered in the goat cheese dip or the grilled artichokes dragged through the goat cheese dip. Both together is a major flavor punch to the face.
The whole combination is savory and refreshing and light but hearty enough for a filling meal.
Now, it’s up to you for dessert. (p.s. I like chocolate.)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1 12-ounce jar artichoke hearts (I love these grilled ones)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 lemons, sliced in half
- fresh chopped dill, oregano and cilantro for sprinkling
- 8 ounces goat cheese, chevre
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Season the chicken with the salt and paper and place it in a resealable bag or baking dish. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, dill and garlic and pour it over the chicken. Marinate from anywhere to 30 minutes to 2 hours or even overnight.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- When ready to grill, skewer the chicken (I made 6 skewers) with a lemon half on the bottom and tomatoes and artichoke hearts in between. You can skewer them however you’d like! Place the skewers on the grill and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the chicken juices run clear and the chicken and veggies are charred.
- Cover the chicken with a few sprinkles of fresh chopped dill and cilantro. Serve immediately with the goat cheese dip.
- Place the goat cheese, yogurt, herbs, salt and garlic powder in a food processor. Blend until combined, then with the processor still running, drizzle in the olive oil. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed. Taste and season additionally if needed. This will stay fresh sealed in an air-tight container in the fridge for a few days.