It’s a video! Red, White and Blue Poke Cake with M&M’S.
We’re going old school for a quickie.
This super easy and retro cake takes me right back to my childhood. It was a summer holiday special, the potluck go-to and tastes SO delicious cold, right out of the fridge. I swapped out the fruit for the patriotic milk chocolate M&M’S this time around and you can see the process in the video below. You won’t even believe how embarrassingly simple it is. This is the final recipe in my project for M&M’S – you can check out the bunny cake and confetti ice cream fudge pie if your teeth are sweet.
Red, White and Blue Poke Cake with M&M'S
- 1 batch of your favorite white cake recipe, I doubled this cake without the sprinkles
- 1 (3-ounce) box of strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups freshly whipped cream for topping
- 1 bag M&M’S red, white and blue chocolate candies
- Prepare the cake according to the directions of the recipe you choose. You can use whatever recipe you’d like or a white cake box mix -> this is what my mom ALWAYS does! I made this twice with my confetti cake recipe, doubling it and leaving out the sprinkles. Bake the cake and let it cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, use the bottom a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Whisk together the boiling water and the strawberry jello mix. Pour the mixture over top of the cake, equally all over the surface. Pop the cake in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours or even overnight.
- Remove the cake and top it with whipped cream. I use either fresh whipping cream or coconut cream. Frost the cake right before serving, then design your flag on top with the M&M’S. Serve immediately!
I’m feeling like it’s 1995.