1. Pesto and pools is the name of the game this summer.
2. I just found what I want to eat everyday for the rest of July: hibiscus yogurt with warm peaches.
3. That time I tried to pay at Target with my Starbucks card. Like, actually put my Starbucks card into the chip reader. Tell me the definition of basic.
4. Did you watch the Olympics gymnastics trials?! I was on edge the entire time. Getting chills with every event. I am so freaking excited for the games! If you’re into it, we need to talk about Marta Karolyi. I also can’t stop youtube-ing all of the floor routines.
5. Last year I was super excited for amazon prime day but thought it was a huge bust. Now that it’s here again, are you into it?
6. It’s almost the best time of the year: school supply season. Only the best time since I don’t have to go. And can buy all the notebooks!
7. The secrets of people who stick to habit changes.
8. Big summer cheese plates: yes or no for it counting as dinner? I say yes, always.
9. Can somebody tell me about this whole Pokemon thing? I’m totally clueless, aka, too lazy to really figure it out. But Pokemon wasn’t around when I was a kid (at least I don’t think) so I’m extra ignorant.
10. Um hi. I need to be in this POOL OF SPRINKLES!
18 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Always yes to cheese plates for dinner. Also, chips + hummus + guacamole. Appetizers rock. And can I please be an Olympic gymnast? They’re incredible and I absolutely love watching them!
totally disappointed with prime day last year, but i just picked up some crest white strips professional for like $20 off retail, so I’ll take it. and then i got off of the site to avoid any more “that looks like a decent deal” impulse buys.
Just bought Amazon Fire tablet and Fire stick for Prime Day. Pretty good deal for those. Mostly hit and miss though. Check our your recommended items (based on browsing history) – looked like I had some good deals there but going to check throughout the day and think about it.
YESS to pesto and pools. just got a huge basil plant, and you better believe i’m basically just going to use it for pesto and caprese.
Pokémon was the THING when I was in elementary school and my brother was obsessed. From what I’ve heard about the new one(from him and around) is that it’s an app game where you literally have to walk/drive around the city (wherever you live) in order to catch different Pokémon. I would imagine at some point you can battle your Pokemon with other people’s if you are by them, but I could be wrong. Apparently it uses your GPS location and accesses your Google account – which I’ve heard means your emails and contacts (ummm never!). I guess people have become really into it and have even been trespassing on private property to catch the Pokémon.
I think part of it gets you out and about in your city, but I’ve also heard that the app has a lot of areas for people to hack and access people’s personal information. I’m skeptical by nature, but apparently everyone is loving it and I think the concept is pretty neat.
I am over Prime Day but am highly encouraging everyone I know to buy the Instant Pot that is on sale. My most-used and most life changing kitchen appliance!
I second the Instant Pot!
Ok, I bought it on your suggestion (and all the awesome reviews!). Now I’m just hoping that I’m not too intimated by it! (And that my boyfriend doesn’t freak that I’m bringing home another kitchen appliance into my cramped kitchen!) Have any good suggestions for starter recipes?
cheese plate for supper = totally yes! too hot to turn on the stove/oven.
I’m “watching” one item on Prime Day, but most of it seems like a bust. Where are the GREAT deals that were promised?
Obsessed with Marta she’s the queen and her facial expressions omg! I’m sad this is her last olympics what will we do?!
Pool of sprinkles! Perfect! I’m going to NYC in a few weeks!
I have been waiting months and months for the Olympic trials! I don’t know if I could say it was “fun” because I felt stressed FOR them! I’m really sad for the few girls who were close and didn’t make it. It’s got to be rough to work your whole life for the ultimate goal and miss it by just that much. I’m counting down the days to the Olympics now!
OMG the gymnastics trials. I used to be a gymnast and I can still “feel” it in my muscles when I watch their routines – though they’re a million times better than I ever was! BIG fan of Aly Raisman this year. She is so mature and so incredibly consistent. Her tumbling? Incredible. I also really liked Mykayla Skinner this time around and wish she could have made the team of 5, but am glad she’s still an alternate. Laurie Hernandez was stunning in every event and is so young still! I disagree somewhat with one of the 5 chosen, but I’m not Marta, and I trust she has her reasons for the choices she’s made – she is the expert, after all! :-)
Cheese plates are acceptable suppers. And lunches. And snacks. And appetizers. And ANYTHING.
But yes, in the summer they’re perfect! With a nice glass of French rosé. Summer perfection.
Love cheese plate for dinner!! and that pesto picture looks delicious! have a great day! gg
I’m working on incorporating healthier habits into my routine and I really loved that article about habit forming!
I was a gymnast for years, so I was glued to the trials, and totally on edge too! So in love with the sport. I cannot wait for everything Olympics – always so inspiring, even if it makes me feel like I should’ve done way more with my life. Lol. :)