Double Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Stuffed Cookies.
I have COOKIES for you!
Super fudgy, chocolatey, rich cookies that are studded with the most delicious sweet raspberries.
And more chocolate!
And lots of feelings. I baked ’em right into the cookies.
The funny part is that I didn’t even know they were my favorite ever cookies until I ate them a few months ago. I had never even tried them! Their version has white chocolate chips and black raspberries inside, but it’s almost like a raspberry fudge ganache. Maybe it IS a raspberry fudge ganache. I don’t know. I couldn’t tell for SURE. I only had to taste test about two dozen cookies to make sure I could get it right, and I’m still convinced I didn’t get it exactly right.
But I got close!
In this case, I stuffed a bunch of chocolate chips inside the cookies along with the raspberries and covered the cookie up like I did with my double dark chocolate peanut butter cup cookies. Super melty, super fruity, so much summer flavor! I love how the seeds sort of melt into the rest of the cookie and you find little pink jewels everywhere.
Also, yes, I realize that my exclamation point usage is over the top today. #friday
What’s a cookie without an extra fudge drizzle? They looked a little lonely. Needed something else.
On top of the chocolate, I even crushed and sprinkled some freeze dried raspberries and strawberries for more berry effect. Not only do they add a pretty color AND let you get an idea of what they cookies taste like just by looking at them – they add a teeny bit of texture too.
Cannot even handle it!
I just adore that this is a such a FUDGY cookie with a hint of raspberry – and then a big bite of it in the center with lots of melty chocolate. Hurry hurry! Make ’em before the berries are gone.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries or strawberries, crushed
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Place the cold butter in the bowl of your electric stand mixer and beat until the butter forms a ball or lumb of butter. Add in the sugars and beat until combined. Add in each egg, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract. The batter may look curdled or lumpy at this time. Slowly add in the flour with the mixer on low speed. Beat until it is just combined – even before it all gets stirred in. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Separate the dough into 10 or 12 equal balls. Take each ball and pull it apart, then press a small handful of chocolate chips and raspberries into one of the dough pieces. Cover it with the other half of the dough, forming a ball around the chocolate and raspberries and covering them completely. Place all the dough balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake about 4 dough balls at a time – you want 2 inches on all sides between each piece of dough. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until just slightly set. Let the cookies cool slightly before topping.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power or in a double boiler. Once melted, stir in the coconut oil until it melts. Drizzle the chocolate all over the cookies. Top with the crushed freeze dried berries. Let sit for 30 minutes and firm up before serving/eating.
I asked you guys on instagram story if I should post ^^that^^ picture of the insides (it’s sort of… weird, right?) but you needed to seeee!