1. The post vaca hangover but fortunately (unfortunately?) it’s nothing Target can’t cure. Are you team vaca or vacaY, with a Y? I’m the first, for no other reason except for hating change.
2. Pretty sure that I’m making these chocolate chia hemp bars tomorrow. Love!
3. For one of the first times in my life, I woke up the night we returned home and had NO idea where I was. Three other times I woke up and thought we were still in our boyne city condo. It was like an out of body experience and so weird.
4. Speaking of waking up, I stayed up until 3:30AM on Sunday (totally could not afford to do this) reading It Ends With Us after Kristen recommended it. I had to be up at 6, and it was SO worth it. I absolutely could not put the book down. I’m going to do a post here shortly of the books I’ve read recently.
5. Speaking of waking up again, I need to get my ish (<ew) together with better sleeping habits. Like, throw my phone in the trash, stop working forever and hide the remote control. It sounds extremely doable.
6. I’ve been giving Eddie so much crap about watching WWE the last two days (on apple TV, whyyyy) and then continued to do so last while I had on Bachelor in Paradise. Biggest hypocrite ever? I think so.
7. Aside from our embarrassing late night TV choices, I’m sooo sad that the Olympics are over! We aren’t currently watching anything, but I’m eagerly waiting for Masters of Sex to come back. I’m also feeling a good old SATC binge.
8. Whyyy don’t I do this exact to-do list hack every single day? That’s it. I’m starting now.
9. I’m by noooo means ready for pumpkin dessert or fall things but I kinda, sorta, maaaaaaybe want to burn a fall candle. SHAME.
31 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I have 8 books on hold and 4 currently checked out…..and have now ended with It Ends With Us. (THAT COVER!) Thank you. It’s been a good summer for new books; with one exception, I’m totally loving what I’ve been reading lately.
Looking forward to your book list. Can’t stop reading this summer and am running out of ideas!
Vacay with a “y” for life. “Vaca” means “cow” in Spanish and every time I read it my brain immediately thinks “cow” instead of “vacation.”
I can’t deal with the “vaca” thing. I much prefer seeing “vacay,” although I use neither and just type out vacation. Vaca is how you say cow in Spanish and even though I am not hispanic of any sort, every. single. time. I see “vaca” I pronounce it the Spanish way and think cow. I am a crazy person.
vacay. also team okay over team ok.
Omg! Thank you for sharing that to-do-list hack. I feel like it is so simple, but exactly what I need (more complicated than that, and it gets overwhelming and I can’t focus on anything to save my life).
Stranger Things on Netflix – have you watched? I watched the first four episodes last night and now I’m kicking myself for not calling in sick to work today so I can finish it. SO creepy and good.
Once when I was on vacation I woke up at 3am t go to the bathroom and completely forgot where I was. I was so out of it that I walked into the wall. Lololol
Currently on a satc binge. I think the everyoutfitonsatc instagram helped inspired me to rewatch- that plus an end of summer sadnesss. For some reason I find that watching a few episodes of satc always helps to get me out of a funk.
“Vacay” all the way. That’s how I’ve seen it my whole life up until the last couple years. “Vaca” is Spanish for cow, so I always do a double-take when I see people say “can’t wait for cow!” or “cow selfie” or “post-cow blues.” ;)
I just did a SATC binge and totally bought candles today.. I’m refusing to buy pumpkin spice stuff until at least September.
UGH I have SO MANY feelings about It Ends With Us. I finished it on Saturday and literally sat on my couch processing for an hour. I finally told someone it’s the best book I read this summer, but I also hated it, because that’s how my emotions are!
VacaY all the way. When I see vaca my mind automatically says “vah-cah”.
I loved your vacation posts! Even having grown up and still living in the lower part of the mitten, the drive north a few hours still always feels like vacation to me!
I need the Y. It just doesn’t look right to me without it!
I’ve burned 2 fall candles already, and I’ve got Heirloom Pumpkin going right now, as I type. I can’t help it.
Oh definitely with a Y! Without it looks like it should be pronounced “vah-cah” which obvs isn’t what anyone is going for ;)
Kristina does the Internets
I went on vacation for two weeks recently, and also woke up not knowing where I was after getting home. It actually happened at least two nights and I didn’t even recognize the art on my walls. So weird!
My sleep habits have been horrible too. My husband and I both have sort-of flexible work schedules so we’ve been progressively staying up later and later and sleeping in… It’s getting out of control.
I just binge watched two seasons of Halt and Catch Fire, which is kind of like Mad Men but with computers in the 80s. Also Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when I want some mindless comedy.
Yes, please share your list of books! :) I need new stuff to read.
My sleeping habits are the worst, I cannot stop going to sleep at 3 AM. I have no idea how to fix it.
I love the beginning of fall… But this summer I’m holding on to every last moment! Maybe it’s the promise of a really bad winter?
4. YESSSSSS Please share your list of books, I’m totally a book fiend and you haven’t steered me wrong yet!
6. OMG this was too funny to read – my hubby has been watching WWE like non-stop and I’m like WTF (as I watch Love and Hip Hop Atlanta in the other room LOL)
Vacay… because “vaca” is cow in Spanish! :)
I am so ready for fall this year. I am outside with my toddler constantly, and it’s been oppressively hot here in GA. Mama needs the heat to break!
LOVED It Ends With Us! Colleen Hoover is the best. You have to read her Slammed series. It’s amazing.
I’m currently binge watching Parenthood. It’s the perfect combination of happy, sad, serious, and funny.
Vacay, for sure! Vaca means cow in Spanish, so that’s what I always think it says. lol
Okay I feel like I need to go back to school after reading these comments! I had no idea “vacay” was an abbreviation, nor did I know that “vaca” means cow. I’m too lazy to type out vacation so I’ve always shortened it to vaca. Maybe it’s just a Pittsburgh thing?!
Vaca. and get that fall sh*t outta here ! LOL i want nothing to do with it !!!i will remain in denial until at least thanksgiving.
What are your Fall Favorite candles this season?
Totally must have they “y” to make it vacay. Otherwise to me, it’s Vaca- the Spanish word for cow. I can’t with Fall because winter comes after and just no.
Pingback: Friday Things - Recipe Land
#8 is exactly like “The ONE thing” book. You always do the ONE thing that’s the most important thing which I’ve started doing. Sometimes that one thing was just hug my kid – long and hard.
Have you ever tried F.lux? It helps filter out the blue light on screens, and also acts as a subtle way to say hey you, your screen is turning orange because it’s time to sleeeeeeep.
Pingback: Sample Saturday – angels, music and past love | booksaremyfavouriteandbest