1. It seems like I am the only one who has not decorated for Christmas yet. Is that just thanks to the internet? I’m dyyyying to decorate but don’t want to spoil the Thanksgiving fun. Though I might have bought a million sparkly rainbow picks for our tree(s).
2. I’m not a crazy early morning black Friday shopper, but I do like to go out in the afternoon just to be in the thick of the craziness. Are you shopping that day?! We’ve already found deals this week on things that seem unbeatable.
3. Basically never eating anything again other than this hot fudge chocolate cake.
4. You know what I’m really into? You’re going to be shocked. LETTUCE wrapped burgers. I know. It sounds horrible. It’s like I’ve betrayed you. But I haven’t. We first made them last summer and for some reason, the fresh, crispy lettuce is just fantastic around the burger. Now that I’ve been open and honest. The secret is to use iceberg though. ICEBERG. How dare I.
5. I just cannot get over the Joe Biden memes. The hilarity!
6. What did you guys think of The Affair?! Can I just say that I thought the ending was terrifying? Like I am having nightmares from it. I thought it was fake until I saw the previews right after. And Walking Dead: so boring. Ugh. Also! DIVORCE. So funny I hate it. SO much.
7. It’s true: gratitude promotes gratitude.
8. Guesssss what. I’ve been vlogging my Thanksgiving prep this week, just like I said I would! Hopefully I have enough guts to post it. It seems super boring. But I like creepily peeking into people’s lives soooo… I’m thinking Thursday evening or Friday morning. If you subscribe to my youtube channel, you’ll be notified the minute it goes up!
22 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I was hoping you’d write about The Affair!!! I was so confused by it. Is Noah getting back together with wife #1 (I forget her name)?!?! Is that what she meant when she asked him what about us? What was up with him and the French lady though? I loved that the daughter from Parenthood was in this episode <3 And OMG I thought the ending was a nightmare too until I saw the preview for the rest of the season. EEK.
You are killing me with that donut picture! Where are those from? I need them now!
It looks like they are from voodoo donut but I could be wrong!
They look like they are from Peace Love & Little Donuts. My FAVE! Had them for our wedding.
I usually go out in the afternoon on Black Friday because I’m ridiculous and can’t just stay at home for a full day, even if it is to beat crazy crowds. Honestly, though, I feel like a lot of it has died down by then and I just walk through all the stores that look like they got hit by a tornado. My favorite is actually going out on Wednesday! You get all the sales and none of the crazy because everyone is prepping for the feast. One day, I’m sure I’ll be the one prepping, but my grandparents prefer to just go out for Thanksgiving dinner, so that day is not today.
And yeah, that hot fudge cake could definitely work its way into my everyday rotation.
You really made me want donuts now, lol! Also, I would really love to see a vlog of your thanksgiving prep, I love that stuff!
Watched the Affair last night, thoughts: boring, boring, boring, creepy, OMG TERRIFIED! I was up for hours afterwards. Happy Thanksgiving week! We had Thanksgiving last month, and even though it snowed on Sunday, I’ve still resited pulling out the Christmas decorations. But they’re going up this weekend.
i used to be so into doing christmas decorations, but now i’d rather just bake lots of christmas cookies and listen to pentatonix and kelly clarkson and celine dion’s christmas songs. but my family is hosting christmas morning this year, so a tree definitely has to happen.
1. I will NEVER ever decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is such an amazing holiday and given this year’s political goings on, the history and message is even more important this year. 2. I don’t shop on Black Friday because I have nothing to buy. 4. I used to make lettuce wraps in college all the time and SO many people told me, “You should really use romaine because it has more nutritional value and blah blah blah.” Iceberg all the way. Agreed, that crunch makes it so much better. Plus iceberg really has no flavor given it has such a high water content. It doesn’t mess with the flavor of the BURGER. :)
I’m OBSESSED with lettuce wrapped burgers. I make them at least once a week! I never thought I’d like it. I’m just too in love with a good toasted bun but, I tried it and cannot get enough! No bun for me anymore.
Ohhh lawd!! The picture says it all! It’s mesmerizing.
I love your Tuesday Things and Crushing On posts – they’re my favorite every week! Haven’t watched The Affair yet and now I’m afraid. I just started watching Divorce because of your recommendation and I love it!
I haven’t decorated for Christmas yet either, and I definitely feel like I’m behind the game, too. But I’m with you, I want to wait until after Thanksgiving. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel. Looking forward to more recipe videos!
Here is what I have to say about lettuce-wrapped burgers: Barburger does one with collard greens and the secret is to order your burger with guacamole. Then you have thin layer of guacamole surrounding your burger, encased by the collard green. It is heavenly.
You’re not alone! I also haven’t decorated for Christmas yet. I’m all about waiting until after Thanksgiving, but like right after Thanksgiving because as soon as I put that last bite of apple pie in my mouth it’s officially the Christmas season and I want all Christmas all the time!
Also I want all of those Peace, Love, and Little Donuts in your photo! SO good! What’s your favorite flavor? I can never decide and always have to get a whole box!
Those donuts looks amazing…now I want to get some! We’ve decorated our mantle, but nothing else, and only because we have people possibly coming over…so that’s okay, right?! I too love the Joe Biden memes!
I actually have Christmas decorations up WITH all my Thanksgiving stuff. I do it every year. I leave to go up north for 10 days at Christmas, and so I never get to enjoy my holiday stuff for long enough. I just throw it all out around the house. :)
Talk to me about what you’re eyeing for Black Friday!! I normally strictly shop online, but I could be persuaded to leave my house!
I want to decorate too! My girlfriend and I made a pact to just go ahead and do it starting today but all I managed was to watch Christmas Vacation, haha!!
I am going to start Christmas decorations today. where can i find the recipe of this mouthwatering item.
I stopped watching The Affair awhile back. I loved it in the beginning and then started hating it. Also not hooked on The Divorce. I watched the first one and hated the Robert character. And I agree with you about not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.!
As much as I love a good deal, I never shop on Black Friday because I hate all the crowds and craziness. And I feel so bad for people who have to work in the stores on Thanksgiving. They should have the day off. I don’t get why people are shopping on Thanksgiving anyway….. I applaud the stores that are closed!
That hot fudge cake looks amazing!!!