1. Happy Valentine’s Day! Are you doing anything Valentine-y tonight? We got Max a huuuuuge stuffed puppy (one of the jellycat ones – our fave) and he is absolutely terrified of it. So that’s how our day started out. He was also upset that his “present” was not birthday cake.
2. Is life even serious with these brown butter breadcrumb churro ice cream sundaes?!
3. Last year around this time I think I mentioned the same thing, but I still can’t get behind the socks + heels trend. Is anyone really loving this?
4. On that same note, whyyyy do I wish that I could just order this metallic pink denim mini skirt? The only reason I wish I was 17 again. For the answer to my feelings on #3, see here. I am still a child.
5. So much TV! Oh my gosh, GIRLS thoughts? I didn’t find Hannah as insufferable as I usually do. I am wildly annoyed at Marnie, I still love Shoshanna and I hope that Elijah gets his own spin off. Also loved seeing Riz Ahmed in the show because I loooove him. I’m still incredibly bored with Homeland. I’m petrified of the Walking Dead. I’m rewatching Gilmore Girls because, hello, I live in Stars Hollow.
6. I fell in love with Adele all over again at the Grammy’s. And the color of her dress! Crush.
7. People that finish their workweek on Thursday. YES YES YES.
8. Last week I read the One That Got Away. I wanted something light and mind numbing and this was it! I stayed up until 3AM reading it because I got so hooked. I would rather swim with sharks than stay at a bar until 3AM, but reading a good book until 3AM? I’m there.
17 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - Recipe Land
Entirely by accident, you and I were on a Gilmore’s binge at exactly the same time. I also finished, immediately googled the likelihood of more seasons on Netflix, and then started rewatching from the beginning. I’m hiding this fact from my husband, because I feel like there’s probably something wrong with a person who just continuously rewatches the same series over and over again. I pretty much want to BE a Gilmore Girl at this point.
high heels and socks were/are a thing?? i don’t get that at all. also don’t understand the point of socks + flip-flops (it’s a thing in japanese culture but besides that i don’t see the point..).
I really do not enjoy the heels/socks things. I also would slip and fall on my face if I tried that. Isn’t that slippery?! I don’t get it!!!
Did you see the interview with Adele after??? You’ll fall even harder – she’s too funny!!
Love, love, LOVE your book suggestions!!! Keep ’em coming!!!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KMVQUFA Another really good book suggestion! Written by a promising new author, me!
Lovely post, really uplifting! x
I say go for the skirt! I recently bought a pale purple crushed velvet dress because hello, I’m 9. Wearing it brings me more joy than donuts. I’m embarrassed by it, but also I adore it.
5. OMG YES, TV!!!!! I’ve been loving all these shows you got me hooked on…I heard a rumor that BILLIONS comes back on the 19th? I’m dead. I love that show oh so much!
Also, I had been hesitant to try the Cascara latte from Starbucks, but because you said you tried it and liked it I had to see what it was all about, now i’m totally obsessed. Thank you!!!
Beautiful flowers! I went out to dinner with my friends for valentines
I LOVE Max! OF COURSE he should have a birthday cake on Valentine’s day instead of a big scary stuffed puppy! Life is short. Happiness is fleeting. You’re not 50. Buy the skirt. (Oooh and make the cake!) Make the rest of your outfit neutral and sophisticated and pretend the skirt is simply your jewelry. Top Shop has such fun stuff. It was a store we always sample shopped in London when looking for trends to bring back to the states. I binged the Gilmore Girls last year, so I’m definitely one of your neighbors in Stars Hollow. I’ll bring some cupcakes by later :)
Agreed! If that skirt was longer I’d buy it and wear it with tall boots and a simple black sweater. And I AM 50! Hehe.
that article about getting all your work done by thursday was interesting. absolutely none of it would fly at my company. There is no such thing as a day with no meetings or even general respect for peoples calendars. i do spend a lot of my time putting out fire drills though and have been in search of a way to help mitigate this. i think my company is still very old school and runs very “lean” so maybe these comments would work better in a more up and coming company ?
as for adele unfortunately i sorta was a bit offput. i dont necessarily mind she started over with the GM song though it seemed a bit unnecessary. when she got her award though and raved 2x about beyonce i thought it was a bit much. thank your team and be grateful u won. it almost seemed a little fake to me ? i know she was trying to be nice but ehhh….its was like was she trying to be kanye ?
A big, hard no to socks with heels. I don’t get it.
GIRLS was…ok? I’m not sure why there is so much nudity and sex? I get it, you do you, girl; but is it all necessary to get the point across? Old lady in a young woman’s body over here.
Thanks for the book suggestion; I’ve been in a reading rut and haven’t enjoyed the last few books I’ve read so need something lighthearted.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
We went to a drag show at a brewery for Valentines Day and ate from a food truck. It was the utmost perfect Valentines Day ever, especially when one of the queens revealed a giant white tiger head on her chest hiding under her gigantic black cloak while playing Katy Perry’s Roar. It was epic!