Green Goddess Salmon Burgers.
Let’s make it a burger Monday!
I mean look at this thing. A stack of burger beauty. How can we resist?
Salmon burgers are not a new thing in our house. They are one of the ways that Eddie really loves salmon because he isn’t the hugest fan of it grilled or broiled. He prefers a milder white fish or something like shrimp and scallops. But burgers?
Hello. Obviously he is in.
Now the green goddess sauce? And avocado? That might take some work.
This green goddess sauce! AHHHH.
So, I made a version of this for my next book a few months ago and have just been dying over it over since. I cannot even WAIT for you to see what that full recipe entails, but in the meantime, I figured we could use some green goddess sauce on salmon burgers. Because they always need SOMETHING in my opinion.
With lots of avocado. Naturally.
Actually, there is double the avocado because the green goddess sauce also has avocado.
I have an avocado addiction and I don’t care who knows it!
Shocking. I’m sure.
I find that salmon burgers can be a little tricky – especially with the avocado! – because there can be a lot of texture-less food in one bite. You know what I mean? The best salmon burgers I ever made were these crispy tortilla-crusted ones (omg, so good, you must try!)… the crunch is just incredible. And since I’m still a giant proponent of putting chips ON your sandwiches, I don’t think it would be a terrible idea to add a few chips here if you were feeling it.
I’m always feeling it.
What I love most about these, besides the serious avocado OD, is the way that the green goddess sauce makes them taste so FRESH. So bright and lovely. And it also makes them seem a bit indulgent, even though the sauce isn’t horrible for you.
Plus, it’s GREEN. So seriously. It’s full of health.
Green Goddess Salmon Burgers
green goddess sauce
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt I like full fat or 2%
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless salmon filet
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sliced avocado for topping
- butter lettuce for garnish
- buns whichever size to fit your burgers!, toasted if desired
green goddess sauce
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the salmon filet (I cut mine into 4 pieces) to the food processor. Pulse until it is in small pieces but not completely ground up. Remove the salmon and put it in a large bowl. Add the shallot, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper, basil and parsley to the bowl. Stir with a large spoon to combine then bring the mixture together with your hands. Form the mixture into 4 burgers or 8 sliders that are slightly less than 1 inch in diameter – or however many you want so they fit the size of your buns!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the burgers (I do it in two batches) and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You want the insides of the burger to be opaque, so I usually turn the heat down to low and cover the skillet for another minute or two to ensure that they are cooked.
- To assemble the burgers, add the greens on the bottom of the bun. Place the burger on top, followed by the avocado and green goddess sauce. Serve immediately!
That’s just the cutest little bite.