1. I can’t get enough of these fun trail mix pancakes.
2. Let’s just say this is how I’m feeling about the kitchen remodel: every year I want to get my act together to have a kentucky derby party and I was sort of into it this year but… won’t be happening. Blame the kitchen!
3. Okay so tell me about the unicorn frapp if you tried it! Surprisingly the whole thing was so unappealing to me because the flavors seemed weird, so I didn’t even attempt it.
4. BUT. I might actually be semi-interested in this unicorn lemonade. Maybe. I don’t know.
5. I’m in a major downward spiral of chips and guac. I guess if there is ever a downward spiral to be in, it would be this one.
6. So the only thing left on TV that we are watching at the moment is Billions! AH. Damien Lewis is such a great actor. I just love it. Oh and I did attempt to watch The Leftovers (if you’re new, we watched the first season but after that it was like whaaaat) – what is up with the theme song and I just don’t get it at ALLLLL. I can’t.
7. Seven ways to fight imposter syndrome. I have major imposter syndrome often, it’s something I struggle with constantly. I loved this article!
8. This is the time of year when I think OMG my mom would never let me wear a crop top to the prom. You know?
18 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - social foods
I haven’t had the unicorn frap nor will I ever. However, I’ve heard nothing, but bad things about it. The amount of sugar they put in it is mind blowing. I’ve heard most describe it as sour.
Billions is fantastic. We aren’t worried about stuff finishing up on TV because we are so far behind on the DVR it’s ridic.
As for that unicorn Frappuccino? My tween tried it and did the ‘meh’ face. I had zero desire to go down that rabbit hole even though it Looked. So. Pretty. Same tween girl is already eyeballing formal dresses for her future teen life and? naturally she heads for the exact ones that make me go ‘no. no. no. no. uh. no.’ LOL
You MUST watch 13 Reasons Why- you will love it. The acting so good and real.
You can come to my derby party. We have one every year with pulled pork, pimento cheese, hot browns and lots of bourbon. They’re so fun! Next year you need to do it!!
My coworkers and I decided to go on a fact-finding mission to Starbucks for the Unicorn Fraps, and man were they disgusting! So cute though ;)
Kristina does the Internets
The unicorn lemonade looks yummy! My mother also said no to crop tops lol.
I love The Leftovers even with all its weirdness. The article below is about the theme song this week and lots of other seemingly bizarre references in the episode. It may help you make sense of it all!
Wasn’t that crop top prom dress in 10 Things I Hate About You the greatest?!
We moved from Kentucky to Boston a couple years ago, so I’ve always felt obligated to have a Derby party, but we’ve never been able to have the apartment in shape to host people. I think this is the year it finally happens!
I did try the Unicorn Frapp (how could I not?!) and it was fine. Once you mixed the sour stuff from the sides of the cup into the drink, I liked it – it wasn’t anything special, but not bad.
Hahahahaha the crop top! I was looking at prom pictures and said the exact same thing! That would have never happened in my teenage years…
That imposter syndrome article!! What a great share! I’m sending on to all my female colleagues.
Also unicorn frap, haven’t tried. I really just want one sip.
Damien Lewis is amazing! We’re all caught up with Billions and are now watching Life (an older show he was in). It’s on Netflix! Also, he was incredible in Homeland on Showtime. Loving that article on Imposter Syndrome, I had no idea there was an actual name for all of those feelings. Thanks for sharing :-)
Watched Genius on the National Geographic Network last night. Jeffrey Rush was phenomenal as Albert Einstein. Who knew Einstein could be so sexy? Emily Watson plays his wife. and the actor who plays the young Einstein is sooo cute. 8:00pm Central time. Okay, maybe the older Einstein wasn’t sexy, but he sure had a healthy libido.
Imposter Syndrome…I honestly hadn’t even heard of it and it describes me to a T! I’m an R&D Chef and every time I make something for a customer and it sells, I feel accomplished. Next time I’m creating I think “I don’t even know what I’m doing!” Definitely more aware of this now and will fight to stop this crazy negative thinking :)
PS Is there a link to pre-order your next book? xo
Hahaha…that is all I could think about while looking through prom pictures over the weekend. My mom would NEVER have allowed that to happen on my bod.
Some of them look cute & some of them are a little…much.
I had never heard the term “imposter syndrome” but SO right on.
Well, you did not miss out on the unicorn frap. It tasted like children’s toothpaste. I took two sips and couldn’t finish it. Haha :P
I’m with you on the unicorn frap. I don’t get it. I go to starbucks for COFFEE and if my COFFEE is not black, I am concerned, haha! Unicorn lemonade? Sure, that makes more sense because goodness knows pink lemonade is not real anyway and look how long we’ve been chugging that down!