Strawberry Gin Lemonades.
This is the way that we can bring in sunshine with styyyyle.
I SWEAR. I am almost finished with strawberry overload. There may be one tomorrow (eep) but after that, a slight break for my favorite berry. They are just so good! I’m currently sitting here eating them out of a grocery-store-bought container as we remain kitchenless, and I will never get over the beauty of GOOD strawberries. You know what I mean?
If this cocktail feels a bit summery, it’s because it TOTALLY IS. Guys, I am super ready for summer. Granted that not much changes in my work schedule or life, but for some reason I will forever have the “summer vacation” mode set in my brain after years of school. Sort of like how I must go to bed early on “school nights” but can still stay up late on Friday and Saturday.
Because I’m still 12, of course.
There are so many things I’m looking forward to this summer with Max, of course, but one thing in general is just sitting on our back patio and eating dinner or enjoying a little happy hour. Some days the temperature has reached the high 70s or 80s already, so I think it’s perfectly acceptable to serve boozy lemonade now. Plus, it gives you a head start on Memorial Day! Or Mother’s Day? I mean… I’m a mom and I’d like this for Mother’s Day. Just sayin’.
Also, I’m in the midst of making a 2017 summer playlist. It’s huuuuuge.
In full disclosure, I suggest that you BUY your lemonade for recipes like this, especially since you will probably be making a few of them for friends. Yesss. I’m being that person.
I really like to make homemade lemonade and limeade – in fact, I already made a strawberry mint lemonade recipe here that you could go off of! Limeade is my all-time fave, probably because it reminds me of margaritas, but I don’t always have ten thousand limes to juice for said beverage.
You already have to make the strawberry puree and “juice” for the lemonade, so buying some good high-quality, legit lemonade is perfectly fine. And we’re adding booze, so there’s that.
Also! LOTS and LOTS of ice is key too. Crushed if you can (I know, aren’t I so obnoxious with the crushed ice?) but if not, just a bunch of cubes. The super cold lemonade and gin are so good together.
I cannot even tell you how refreshing this tastes! And of course, if gin isn’t your thing (I understand, for years I got Pine Sol vibes too), switch it up with vodka. Totally okay with that too.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons strawberry puree
- 1 to 2 ounces gin
- 3 ounces strawberry juice
- 4 ounces lemonade
- sliced strawberries and lemons for garnish
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- Fill each glass with a few spoonfuls of the strawberry puree. Fill the glass with ice. Add 1 to 2 ounces of gin over the ice and stir it into the strawberry puree. Pour a few ounces of the strawberry juice in next, then finish filling the rest of the glass up with the lemonade. Garnish with a few lemon slices and strawberries. Add a straw and serve!
- Blend together the strawberries and water until smooth and blended. Pour half of the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to strain any solids. You have your strawberry juice! Keep the other half of the puree to fill up the bottom of the glasses. This will leave you with extra, so you can store it in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days!
Now I just need a pool.