Beer Braised Chipotle Chicken Tacos.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I’m dyyyying to know your plans for tonight. As well as your entire menu, because I’m a freak.
A curious, nosy freak that wants to know what goodness you will partake in.
Since I’m still kitchenless, we are going out. All I can tell you is that a lot of tequila, guac and queso will be involved. Too many chips. Way too much cheese in general.
Sounds like a dream!
Ohhhh chicken tacos, let me count the ways. I realize that there are a million other chicken taco recipes out there (in fact, these weeknight chicken tacos are one of the most popular on my site!) so why on earth should you make THESE ones?!
Three words: chipotle.beer.braised.
Yes yes yes. This is chipotle beer braised chicken. In your taco!
Basically beer tacos. Booze tacos.
This flavor is unreeeeeeal. Oh my gosh. The chicken is so tender and juicy. The lime cabbage is crunchy. The avocado is perfect because what else is avocado if not perfect. Tomatoes, quick pickled radishes, some cilantro and a creamy chipotle drizzle for some richness. Lots of lime spritzes! Whatever tortillas you favor, be it corn or flour.
We use the boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they are just so flavorful. You could also probably do this in your slow cooker, but it is such a quick process from the stovetop to oven that I wouldn’t even bother, unless you have zero time at night.
I always think I have tonnnsss of time at night but I am one of the biggest procrastinators to ever exist, so then at 8:49PM I’m like OMG I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO. Which makes it seem like a really great time to watch youtube videos or shop online for another 45 minutes. And then search on pinterest for DIY salt foam for my margarita.
I know you get this.
But I DID make you tacos, so let’s just pretend we’re eating them together. I hope you have something delicious in mind for today!
Beer Braised Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce minced
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoons grapeseed canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of your favorite beer
quick pickled radish
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a dish or resealable plastic bag and cover it with the salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, minced chili and adobo sauce. Add in the lime juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and sear it on both sides until it’s deeply golden brown. Pour in the beer and let it cook down almost halfway.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the skillet and using forks or kitchen tongs, shred the chicken and toss with any of the juices and beer in the skillet.
- To assemble your tacos, add the cabbage and avocado to the tortilla. Top with the chicken, tomatoes, radishes, cilantro, queso fresco and chipotle cream. Enjoy!
quick pickled radish
- Place the radish slices in the fridge. Whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar and salt and pour it over the radishes. Let sit for about 30 minutes and store in the fridge.
- Whisk together the sour cream/yogurt, lime juice and adobo sauce until smooth and combined.
for serving & topping
- In a bowl, toss the shredded cabbage with the lime juice and olive oil. Season it with the salt and pepper.
Little flavor bombs!