Minty Mango Margarita Punch. (Plus, tons of Cinco de Mayo Recipes!)
Minty Mango Margarita punch! Ahhhh. It’s what’s on the menu today.
I don’t think it’s possibly to ever get margarita-ed out. Ever.
Last year I made these mango margarita frostys that I loooooooved (and sprinkled with chili powder!). They were super fun to make (…and drink), but I’m so not a frozen margarita person. Unless it’s a million degrees out.
I’ve said it a million times, but I’m a rocks + salt girl.
In this case, I’m a rocks + salty chili sugar girl.
We’ve been on a mango kick here! I’ve been buying pre-cut fruit for us to snack on while the kitchen renovation is happening and we’ve had some of the BEST mango. Max loves it too, even though he can never decide between pineapple and mango. He fights with me daily, calling pineapple mango and mango pineapple.
It’s pretty much the cutest thing ever.
But anyhoooo… punch for us! Boozy minty mango margaritas in pitcher form for all of your friends!
Right here! It’s your one stop shop for alllll the Cinco de Mayo recipes that you need.
Let’s chat about your cocktails first. My favorite sangria is this rosé sangria, and I also love this pineapple sangria too. When it comes to margaritas, just HOW do I choose? We have watermelon rosé margaritas, blueberry hibiscus margarita punch, key lime beergaritas, strawberry margaritas AND strawberry-bottomed pineapple margaritas. We have kiwi margaritas, mango jalapeno margs and coconut creamsicle margaritas.
Taco time! My current favorite are these slow cooker barbacoa beef tacos. I also love these puffy tacos AND if you’re in a breakfast mood, these summer breakfast tacos! Tomorrow I have another killer chicken taco recipe coming, so there is that.
Chicken tinga tacos, weeknight chicken tacos, beer battered fish tacos – there are so many to choose from! These slow cooker short rib tacos and smoky brisket tacos also take the cake. There are a bunch of others over on my taco page, but I’m sure you’re thoroughly overwhelmed at this point.
But you must tell me! What is on your menu?
Mint Mango Margarita Punch
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 8 ounces lime juice
- 10 ounces silver tequila
- 8 ounces grand marnier
- 6 ounces mint simple syrup recipe below
- 4 ounces club soda
- lime wedges for serving
- fresh mint for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 big bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Place the fresh mango and lime juice in a blender. Blend until totally pureed and smooth. It will be a bit thick! If it looks waaaay too thick, you can add some extra lime juice, but remember we will mix it with all the booze and soda.
- In a large pitcher, stir together the mango puree, tequila, grand marnier, mint syrup and club soda. Add a few lime slices and some big handfuls of fresh mint. Stir. Taste and if needed, add more mint syrup and lime juice. Or tequila! Everyone likes their margaritas differently.
- To serve, stir together the sugar, salt and chili powder. Rim a glass with a lime wedge and dip it in the chili salt. Fill the glass with ice and pour the punch in! Enjoy.
- Add the water, sugar and mint leaves to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Let it bubble for a minute or so, then reduce the heat and let it cool completely. I’ll usually put it in a bowl or jar, let it come to room temperature, remove the mint and then stick it in the fridge overnight if making it beforehand.
salty chili sugar
- Combine sugar, salt and chili powder on a plate and stir well to combine before dipping each glass.
These options have exhausted me! I need a taco.