Pulled Chicken Guacamole Sliders with Grilled Corn Pico.
We are talking summer on a bun here, people!
These pulled chicken guacamole sliders are to DIE for. And topped with a grilled corn pico de gallo, which is just… pico de gallo… tossed with grilled corn. I mean, it is flavor city. A sandwich piled high with all of the summer things I love at the moment.
We are finally reaping the benefits of some summer gardens here – the corn and tomatoes right now taste SO fresh and sweet and it’s only highlighting what is turning out to be such a fun summer. Max is a little fish this year and wants to swim every day, so we’ve been spending lots of time doing that, tending to our own garden (where I just BROKE one of my tomato plants in half, waaaah!), watering plants and hosing each other down with squirt guns. It has been such a perfect month so far!
I’m dyyyying to know how your summer is going. I’m having a small meltdown that school supplies are already popping up at Target (even though I’m totally #schoolsupplies for life!) and trying to relish each day and complete all the summer bucket list things.
Which is totally ridiculous since my schedule stays the same ALL THE TIME.
Sooo wondering what is on these babies?!
What we have here is beer braised chicken, similar to the chipotle chicken right here in these tacos. I LOVE making chicken this way. It’s super flavorful and never gets too dry. It’s easy to pull and you can toss it with all sorts of spices and other ingredients. It doesn’t involve eight hours in a slow cooker either – you can even make it tonight when you get home from work!
This is one of Eddie’s dream meals, minus the guac. I KNOW. So very depressing. We simply leave the guacamole off of his sandwiches and that means more for mine, so I’m not complaining too much.
They are super filling and such a lovely dinner idea if you’re over burgers at the moment. You could even use pulled pork if you have it on hand. So many options here.
ALSO. Important things in summer: they are one of those meals that is so loaded and packed that you don’t necessarily NEED a true side dish. I mean, I think some chips or a salad work perfectly. Next to a beer, for optimum flavor success.
And if you’re really feeling it, you could also put this whole gigantic mess in a taco! I’m loving the sandwich right now (baby sliders so we all can eat more please!) but a tortilla would be equally as perfect.
Then in that case, it would require a margarita. Adjust accordingly!
Pulled Chicken Guacamole Sliders with Grilled Corn Pico
- Place the chicken in a dish or resealable plastic bag and cover it with the salt, pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cumin. Add in the lime juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and sear it on both sides until it’s deeply golden brown. Pour in the beer and let it cook down almost halfway.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the skillet and using forks or kitchen tongs, shred the chicken and toss with any of the juices and beer in the skillet.
- To assemble the sliders, add the guacamole on the bottom of the bun, top with the chicken and then add on the corn pico. Serve!
- Mash the avocado in a bowl. One mashed, stir in the pepper, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Add in the salt and pepper and mash. Taste and season additionally if needed.
grilled corn pico de gallo
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir. Let sit for 30 minutes or so for the flavor to develop.
p.s. make extra guac too, please. Of course!