1. It’s completely crazy that it is already August and I’m still steadily making it through my summer reading list! What book are you on right now? Last night, I started Forks, Knives and Spoons.
2. These fresh crispy salmon burrito bowls are one of the most gorgeous things I’ve ever seen. Mad craving. Mad.
3. This past weekend I did a major clean out of our linen closet in our master bathroom and found Excedrin that expired in 2012. Like what? We didn’t even live here in 2012! Why did we even move that? Cannot even tell you the other ridiculous things I found.
4. I’ve become so weirdly obsessive at the moment about planning ahead and I’ve never been like this in my life. It’s is so odd and must be some crazy form of nesting. Isn’t it too early for that?! I’ve found myself bingeing on minimalist videos even though I think we can ALL agree I will never be a minimalist.
5. Speaking of not being a minimalist, can we discuss why someone would need a taco truck bag? I mean, I love tacos. But I cannot.
6. However, I know nothing because my inner Kelly Kapowski is pretty excited that all these shirts are coming into style with knots tied on the bottom of them.
7. Do you have an at-home desk that you LOVE and that has tons of storage? I die over the beautiful desks that are all pretty and clear acrylic and white and all that jazz, but I need drawers and stuff to actually have storage.
8. Still haven’t been solidly watching any TV shows, but I did watch Girl on the Train finally… and can’t decide if I liked it. I was also doing ten million things while watching it because I’m the worst, so that could be why. We also caught Keeping Up with the Joneses on HBO which was semi-hilarious at parts. I just miss some weekly Jon Hamm.
9. I’m pretty sure that I’ve written for years about my disdain for talking on the phone. It was probably the first millennial trait I displayed, as I used to talk on the phone for HOURS to my cousin and friends in middle school. Like I wanted nothing more than my own phone line (why?!) and that clear phone with the colorful wires running through it. So I am finding this article super interesting: what happened when I replied to every email with “call me.”
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I find that minimalism and simplicity are always most enticing when going through a stressful period, or a time of change. Clearing physical space seems to always give your brain and emotions a chance to focus and process.
Man, who DOESN’T miss some weekly Jon Hamm…
omg kelly kapowsi, that is great. and those salmon burrito bowls omg.
Someone had one too many margaritas and it was Kate Spade when she designed that taco truck purse! I usually love her stuff but that is horrendous, especially at $358!!
We hate talking on the phone because cell phones suck! The reception is bad, or we are using it from a noisy spot (not at home on the couch) and it’s hard to hear what people are saying/hard to be heard so it makes it really stressful.
I also laughed when you talked about watching minimalist videos. Hahaha SO not you.
So. I read “Girl on the Train” a couple of years ago and didn’t really understand the hype of the book. I had assumptions all along about the murderer and I was right. I ended up finally watching the movie a few months back and it actually helped me understand the big deal about the book and really made me realize how TERRIBLE of a person (if we can call him that) the husband was! I think I was in a fog of some sort when I read the book because, rarely, after watching a movie based on a book, do I feel this way but I was happy to finally understand the hype and had a completely different outlook on the book! XO Steph
And can we discuss the price of the taco truck bag!?!? I wanted one of those phones too!!
Pingback: Dienstag Sachen. | Wie süß ist es | was koche ich heute
I love novelty bags and that taco truck bag is everything! Expensive though! ♥
We are having very similar weeks/feelings. I am in the process of cleaning out our linen closet, and I’m so OCD about organizing, I just can’t get it how I want it. It has to be perfect. I’m currently weirdly obsessive about organizing, but it’s def not nesting. Lol. Let me know what desk you get! I’m interested in a new one too.
And I’ve also been watching some minimalist videos! On YT, of course. I like the idea so much, and I WANT it to be life-changing for me, but it never ‘sticks’. Haha.
I HATE talking on the phone. Loathe it. Loathe, loathe, loathe!
One of my pet peeves is when people call me but don’t leave a message or just say “call me”, (which means I have to call them back), especially when I didn’t pick up the phone in the first place because I didn’t want to talk on the phone
#7 YES i need the same right now. pretty + storage = hard to find. if you get something please let us know.
I had to comment on the phone call article- The author has such a valid point! I have said for ages that so much is lost in an email- never mind texting. While each form of communication has it’s place, (I set appointments via text when possible, document processing is so easy in email) there are many times when a phone call is simply in order. It’s personal, professional, and often productive. I like to think that I usually know when to place that call.