1. I sort of wish I had planned ahead more and had a solar eclipse party. I mean, there aren’t many other excuses to party and make margaritas on a MONDAY, now are there?
2. Um hello. I am very very into these waffle corn dogs right now. Whoa. That is a situation I’d be happy to participate in.
3. In case you’re not hip to the news (I never am), there has been all sorts of speculation over Taylor Swift putting out a new album soon. Well, I’m sort of excited about this because I really, really loved her 1989 album and can still listen to the entire thing, the whole way through, OFTEN. But I also don’t think there is any way it could live up to 1989? This also makes me feel like I’m 13.
4. Max’s new obsession is getting a “big boy water” from Starbucks… aka, a cup of ice water. In a Starbucks cup. No idea who started him on THAT. This is fine until I go through the drive-thru and order a “tall big boy water” and am met with silence. Humiliating.
5. We finished Ozark! Ahhh… I really loved it. Like really loved it. I even liked the ending. Does anyone know if it’s coming back next year?! I also almost died at the last episode of Friends From College because I figured there were at least two or four more episodes and I was like… what? I need more.
6. When I was a kid, I used to “make up dances” all the time. Like constantly. With friends, by myself, everything. It wasn’t out of the norm since I did dance for years. But recently I keep having this dream that I’m at some sort of dance tryout or something and don’t know a routine and have to MAKE SOMETHING UP and it scares the crap out of me. Now what does that dream mean?
7. No no no I’m not going to do it but I’m feeling the urge to start decorating for Fall. I KNOW I hate myself too. Pretty sure it’s only because I’ve been making pumpkin and even holiday desserts already for after the baby comes. By the time October gets here I won’t even want to see a pumpkin.
8. Thank you so much for all of your amazing Maine suggestions on last week’s post! I have a huge list compiled and haven’t even had a chance to respond to comments yet, but I’m super excited.
15 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
My body is ready for TS6 (new taylor music). It 100% makes me feel old because i turned 30 this summer and feel like I should grow up and that doesn’t involve bopping around to Taylor Swift, and buying T. Sweezy concert tickets because I have ALREADY considered it. But you;re only as old as you feel right? And I feel 15. I also had the same feeling about not doing SOMETHING to celebrate the eclipse. I totally missed the boat on a bad-A themed party.
AGREE with all of the above!
new taylor swift album?! i’m down. also waiting patiently for new sam smith (and i wouldn’t argue against new adele either). also highly entertained by the idea of ordering big boy water at target.
My 4year old loves his own Starbucks water. I’ve also been known to ask for an empty tall (or short) cup with lid so he can have his “own coffee”. We always cheers as he pretends to drink I’m sure people at stoplights next to us think we are crazy! #noshame
OMG. I literally have that same dance dream all the time and it’s terrifying every.single.time!
I do, too! I’m also frustrated because no one is dressed for it and I really want everyone on my dance team to have coordinating outfits. 😂 Please, someone, tell us what this means!!!
I heard Taylor Swift is reinventing herself again, so my guess is the album will be slightly different. 1989 was so good!
Ooh ooh I am an expert dream analyzer and LOVE hearing about other people’s dreams! Without knowing more about your personal life, it’s hard to give a definite answer but: It sounds like you are nervous about an upcoming project, or change to your personal / professional life (maybe new baby?), but you feel that since it’s something you’ve done before or think you should already be “good at”, you’re feeling pressure and insecurity about whether you’ll be able to measure up. Does this make sense? Also, if that IS the case, may I just say, whatever it is, YOU GOT THIS, GIRL.
YES Friends From College! My husband and I burned through that and it was so funny but ended so abruptly! We make that face Ethan does when he gets uncomfortable ALL the time, and the other day we were at a place in Texas that has deer you can feed, and they all make that same face. This was a pointless story, but I’ve been desperate for someone else to get this joke. If you’re curious, there’s a photo of said deer on my Instagram page @rinnybird.
Tall big boy water 😂😂😂. Totally something I would do. My son went through a phase where he wanted his chocolate milk in a hot cup like my drink. I felt so weird begging them to put it in that cup but it would totally make his day.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
Good news re: Friends From College! http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/netflix-gives-friends-from-college-a-second-season.html
Also is it weird that I play T Swift’s “Welcome to New York” whenever I am flying to New York and the plane starts to descend?
You know, I will embrace fall coming, it’s almost September and November gets eaten up by Christmas buzz anyways. I also recently feel tired of people telling me I’m basic. I like cozy blankets and cinnamon flavored desserts and that’s supposed to be a bad thing!? I always totally relate to your struggles. What? One of the most popular pop artist of our generation is putting out new music and we are supposed to be too grown up to care!? That’s nonsense. Shower me in pumpkin spice while I wear my yoga pants and infinity scarf in a Target. Love you so much and you always make me feel the perfect amount of basic, happy Wednesday!
My daughter is ALSO obsessed with getting her “special drink” from Starbucks, that is iced water in a tall cup. I tried to get her a passion iced tea once, because I thought I was a cool mom… nope. Just wants her water. I don’t get it.
#6, yes! It made me remember that in fourth grade,my friend (Jessica!) and I would have “dance class” at her house every Thursday and make up dances circa 1992. I have a vision of myself correcting my dad when he said I was going to play at Jessica’s. Oh geez.