Roasted Lemon Basil Butter Salmon with Burst Tomatoes.
I’ve got a major Monday recipe right here for you.
Seriously, it doesn’t get more “Monday” than a roasted salmon recipe, right? Or just salmon in general? The good news is that I’ve made it a little fancy (err… trashed it up a bit) with some lemon basil butter and bread crumbs. And fresh herbs. And burst tomatoes!
All these good things that are finishing up their peak right now. The tomatoes are DIVINE. As much as I’m ready for cinnamon and pumpkin and have been burning fall candles, I still can’t stop buying and eating all the cherry tomatoes. So juicy! So delicious! Sort of sad to see them leave.
But then I’m like oh wait I just made three batches of apple and pumpkin muffins over the weekend so we’re good.
This week is so jammed packed with shooting and styling some of the most delicious recipes (I’ll give you a peek on insta stories but let’s just say that it beings with a T and ends with hanksgiving…) that I’m considering making this for dinner again tonight. I made our fave toasted sesame ginger salmon recipe on Friday and while Eddie isn’t as gung-ho on salmon as I am, I’m already craving something light but flavorful. And easy!
Because. YOU GUYS. This recipe is embarrassingly easy. Like, SO easy.
You’re going to rub the salmon with some softened butter – oh, it is such a treat! Just a bit. It makes the flavor so rich and… well… buttery. It’s perfect!
On top of that goes a mixture of fresh lemon zest, breadcrumbs and herbs for some crunchy, textured topping.
And my favorite part, of course, are the tomatoes thrown right on the same sheet so they burst and get even sweeter than they already are.
This is totally a meal that I would eat right from the pan, but I get that it doesn’t necessarily constitute a full dinner plate for everybody. I like to keep the side simple and go with rice – my favorite being a brown jasmine rice (I get mine at Trader Joes!) – because it’s fragrant and simple and delicious. It doesn’t compete with the salmon!
But you could also roast some baby golden potatoes. Or do some garlicky green beans! Or just make the salmon (heck, even prep it for the week!) and throw it on some salads. I adore salmon salads so much more than chicken because the salmon is so flakey and you get a taste in each bite.
Perfection. And I mean, I’m a high-maintenance dinner person sometimes.
Roasted Lemon Basil Butter Salmon with Burst Tomatoes
- 1 2-pound salmon filet
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 lemons zest freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- pint cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh basil for serving
- lemon wedges for spritzing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the salmon filet on the baking sheet. Spread the softened butter over top.
- In a bowl, stir together the panko, basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add in the olive oil and stir until combined. Place the panko mixture all over the buttered salmon. Add tomatoes around the sides of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is golden, the salmon is flakey and the tomatoes are bursting. Remove it and let cool slightly before serving it with lemon wedges and fresh basil. I think this works well with rice or potatoes!
That’s like crunchy butter right there!