Thanksgiving Party Punch.
Are we ready for harvest party time?!
My excitement that Thanksgiving is just one week away is UNREAL. I’m excited to be back in the kitchen again but mostly, I’m just excited to eat a hugely delicious meal and have all of my favorite flavors together. Super pumped.
Thanksgiving punch is invited to the party!
It’s only been over ten days since I had Emilia but I still haven’t had a proper cocktail yet. I haven’t been feeling it with the sleep deprevation and what not, so I’m thinking that Thanksgiving will be the day.
Now I just have waaaaay too many cocktails to choose from.
Also. I’m pretty sure this is my last punch recipe of the season! Eeeep! So many holiday choices.
Let me tell you about these amazing harvest-y flavors!
We have both pomegranate and blood orange Italian sodas. You should have luck finding both right now and I always find mine near the more specialty sodas in the grocery store.
We also have apple cider, because it’s been two months and I still can’t get enough. It’s the best. And the flavor just screams Thanksgiving.
Then for our boozy components, we have bourbon, orange liqueur AND brandy. All three!
AND then we have a bunch of fresh fruits, so it sort of takes on a sangria-like feel.
I am more than obsessed.
Now! I know a bunch of you might ask how to make this non-alcoholic, but since it has so many different components, I’d actually go with one of my other mocktail recipes if you want something non-boozy. This sparkling pomegranate punch is my favorite but the cranberry cider punch is also SO good.
In my mind this is definitely a starter cocktail to your Thanksgiving feast, but a small glass during dinner wouldn’t hurt either. You can just sip on it the whole day?
Thanksgiving Party Punch
- 1 24 ounce bottle pomegranate italian soda
- 1 24 ounce bottle blood orange italian soda
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur my favorite is Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup apple brandy
- 2 apples sliced
- 2 pears sliced
- 2 oranges sliced
- a handful of cinnamon sticks
- pomegranate arils/seeds for serving
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pitcher or punch bowl to serve. Taste and adjust the beverage to your liking. Is it too boozy? Add more apple cider. Not boozy enough? Add more bourbon! Make it your own depending on the flavors you love and how boozy you'd like it. You can make this a bit ahead of time and it will stay great in the fridge.