1. Last week I shared on instagram stories that I finally made these cookies that are breaking the internet. I’m not really a shortbread fan so I wasn’t sure if I’d be into them. BUT THEY ARE SO GOOD. They are like… addictive. At first bite you think “eh, they’re okay…” but then you can’t stop eating them. Forever.
2. My insane desire to decorate for random holidays since I had kids? It’s over the top. I’ve bought Valentine’s day plates, cups and decor for Max. I can hardly wait for Easter. Why does my 25 year old self feel like I have no life and my 35 year old self feel like it’s the best life ever?
3. OMG – I will never get over how FB destroyed instagram and how instagram changed from being NOT REAL LIFE… and this is so spot on. Stop ruining it.
4. Remember a month or so ago when I said I don’t care for “everything” seasoning on… well, everything? Well. Max and I split an everything croissant from Starbucks last week and I basically want to eat it every day.
5. My excitement for the olympics is intensifying constantly. On a serious note, I watched the clips of Aly Raisman speaking in court last week and was blown away. So many emotions for her and all the girls. Watching them speak is incredibly moving and just amazing.
6. Divorce on Sunday night seriously made me laugh out loud. It’s so awful and embarrassing but hilarious and real (from what I can assume… ha!). And This Is Us. GAH! Killing me. Why is every single actor so so so so good in the show? I can’t handle it.
7. Oh and can we talk about my love for Allison Janey and how cool her outfit was at the SAG awards?! I also loved what Mandy Moore, Margot Robbie, Halle Berry, Lupita Nyong’o and Nicole Kidman wore.
8. I’m desperately trying to avoid the instagram-deep-dive-before-bed routine. See #3. I mean, I should probably have that meme framed – you know, the one that says something about being absolutely exhausted, but you’ll go to sleep after scouring facebook, instagram and every wikipedia page on the internet for four hours? THAT’S ME. Why is this entire post about instagram? Can’t even stand me.
33 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
One of my new years resolutions is no social media in bed. I LOVE IT!!! I feel like I go to bed so much earlier and am not as keyed up trying to fall asleep. I’ve also read 5 books and that seems so much for satisfying
What an excellent idea! So trying this. I want to read more but get too sucked in by my phone.
This is a great idea. I love reading and get caught up on social media on my phone instead of reading. Netflix and knitting is totally acceptable though…hahaha :)
This is what I always do and have done forever. I have 2 kids and this is the only time I have that is quiet and devoted to only me.
ugh I absolutely LOVE this and i usually read before bed too, but i do it on an electronic device (and in the middle of the night when I feel Emilia) because the lamp/lighting sitch in our bedroom sucks!
Oh I read on my phone too (i actually love it, so easy!) I just go right into the books app and thats it. No screwin around!
Yikes I had no idea about the new IG setting – thanks for the heads up! I just it off.
Thank you for posting that Instagram article! I had no idea about that new feature and immediately went into my settings to turn it off. Creepy!
Ugh, so over it with Instagram. I love the platform so much, but they seem determined to keep screwing it up.
felt the same when listening to aly raisman speech. those poor girls. but here is my q…where was usa gymnastics ? and parents, etc ? and how can we support these girls ? should we watch or not watch olympics ? if the same peeps are in charge of everything do i want to show my support by watching ? what to do ? i tweeted her same q but no response. i just dont know i feel like gymnastics is a bit like tainted for me now ?
I’ve had the same thought and have only heard that one parent knew about it but chose to believe the doctor (who denied it) over their daughter. When it became clear the daughter was truthful, the dad committed suicide. Often times, the adults who were told discouraged girls (for whatever reason) not to report the incident or didn’t follow protocols to investigate.
But my other thought is this, regarding why parents didn’t know- abusers manipulate and threaten their victims. It could be anything from “they won’t believe you” to being punished and not being able to compete. If you so loved something and we’re fearful of missing out and also abused by someone you’re told to trust- you would probably hesitate to come forward. (It was also reported that the girls assumed “he’s a doctor so he must know” as well as that seeing a team doctor was mandatory or girls wouldn’t be allowed to participate in competitions)
ugh i know. it is such a horrible situation. also, the people that are being revealed to have known is just sickening.
I feel the same way about holidays. May or may not have a heart-shaped waffle maker in my Amazon cart for my 2 year old.
Being a victim myself, I have to say that it’s VERY hard to let people know what you have been through, you feel like it’s all your fault, embarrassed, dirty and you want to stuff it away so deep like it never happened.
I am so proud of all these girls and women coming forward, maybe someday I will.
I think I will make some Maple Walnut Shortbread cookies.
I completely agree with you. I am also a victim and when it’s someone you know and are supposed to be able to trust it’s so hard to say something. It’s like you trust them so much you can’t believe it’s really bad or that it’s even really happening.
you are both amazing. so much love to you!
Funny what you said about the starbucks croissant – I randomly got their everything bagel yesterday and it was surprisingly really good!! I’ve always enjoyed everything bagels, but just didn’t expect the one from starbucks to be anything special, but it hit the spot :)
right?! so good!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
I 100% agree with everything in #2. Holidays are fun to decorate now with kids around. My 25yr. old and 35yr. old selves feel the exact same way. I wouldn’t change a thing of my current life. (Well, maybe children that sleep in until closer to 7am)
yesss to this. haha.
Question: Any chance you tried those cookies with gluten free flour or know someone that has?
i have not, but i would think that they would work with an all purpose GF because they are just shortbread and don’t have to rise or anything? but honestly, i know nothing about GF baking so don’t trust me!
OMG #8 yes! it’s the WORST habit. I also play solitaire on my phone until I win…sometimes it takes 30 minutes LOL
haha i hear ya!
I cried more in the teaser for the next episode of This Is Us than I did in this episode, but holy bajeepers that show gets me right in the heart. My first love is still the Bravermans, but the Pearsons are *thisclose* to taking over.
Re: #8, my New Years resolution is to not look at my phone before bed! So far, I’ve been failing but I was told January is a “test run” 😏
I am SO with you on #2!!! We do EVERY holiday in our house. We always get a King Cake for Mardi Gras (when my son was younger, he thought that getting the baby meant that he was king for a WHOLE YEAR, and even made his principal call him King Jake. Seriously!)
Another cool thing is we leave out small plastic cauldron/buckets for the leprechauns to fill on St. Patrick’s Day. Then I’ll have those little gold chocolate coins and will make rainbows out of the rainbow Twizzlers. Now he’s old enough not to believe anymore (so sad!), but he still asks for Twizzler rainbows. ;)
Thanks for posting the Instagram article. I went into my settings & turned off the feature that tells people when I used the app and looked at my Twitter/Facebook settings too. I hate that the settings change with updates!
Also, there is an app called Moments that tracks online usage and also you can turn on a feature that sounds an alarm when you login at certain times. I got it because I am trying not to waste time in the morning so I set that feature for 7-8am. You can also set an overall time limit for your day. I can still login between 7-8am or when I’ve exceeded my limit–but the app reminds me that I don’t want to. Worth a try!