Parmesan Pistachio Kale Salad.
Embarrassingly easy recipe, coming right up!
Okay, are you ready? This parmesan pistachio kale salad has only four ingredients before you add the dressing. Just four! Kale. Parmesan. Pistachios. Olive oil. ( < for a quick kale spa day/massage. Which isn’t even totally necessary.)
Of course, I make it a leeeeeettle more complicated by making a quick creamy parmesan dressing, and while it is SO good (and made with greek yogurt! #goodforus) and delicious on the salad, you could probably use another dressing you enjoy that is already made. Or you could totally just use the olive oil, add a touch more salt and pepper, and be done!
This is the ultimate kale side salad. The easiest one. I’m saying it!
And so perfect in flavor because while it’s delicious on its own, it also isn’t super overpowering with any one flavor. Which makes it an excellent side to dish to, well… anything!
Annnnd. If you’re not into pistachios, another fabulous crunchy substitution would be pine nuts. Toasted pine nuts! I actually alternate them both in this salad frequently. Freaking love both.
Speaking of this exact salad, the flavor comes from my all-time favorite kale chips that I made for Seriously Delish. Another Seriously Delish inspired recipe! They are parmesan pistachio kale chips and you blend everything together, coat the kale and bake it. HOLY FLAVOR BOMB!
Those are so super delicious and I realize that kale chips are very 2009, but I still love them so. We all love them. We can take down a single pan of kale chips in this house within ten minutes or so. Adore adore adore.
Let’s never allow them to go out of style, okay?
So YEP this salad is making my life complete at the moment. It’s really good for lunch. It’s perfect with chicken or steak or even a pasta dish! You can use curly green kale or lacinato (which I used here) and don’t forget the most important rule!
LOTS of parm, always. Because cheese is life.
- 2 bunches lacinato kale leaves removed from stems and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped chives
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the kale leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and massage the oil into the leaves.
- Let the kale sit while you make the dressing. In a food processor, combine the cheese, yogurt, garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until pureed. With the processor still on, stream in the olive oil until a creamy dressing forms. [This will make more dressing than needed, but you can store it sealed in the fridge for about 3-4 days and stir well before using.]
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of the dressing over the kale and toss it well. I like to toss this for a food 1 to 2 minutes so the dressing is evenly dispersed. Cover with the chopped pistachios and shaved parmesan. Serve!
Crunch crunch crunch.