Cabernet Latte. Yes, a Wine Latte!
Wait a minute!
Yes, I am doing this. Chocolate, coffee and wine. It’s like the dream trio. A red wine latte.
A WINE LATTE!
And it’s in a warm and comforting mug of love.
I don’t know about you but this is EXACTLY how I want my Valentine’s Day to look.
This is really a cabernet CHOCOLATE latte. We’re doing it.
Originally I was going to make plain red wine lattes but the combo of a wine taste plus coffee only seemed very off-putting. You know? Like maybe it would taste like one giant hangover.
With the thought of chocolate though? Chocolate and wine? Chocolate and coffee?
It brought everything together perfectly. The flavor is incredible here and I can’t get enough.
This starts with red wine syrup! Grab a red wine you reeeeeally like and use a bit of it to make this syrup. It doesn’t have to be a Cab. It can be a Pinot Noir, which is my red of choice. But this is the internet in 2018 and cabernet latte sounds a lot better than pinot noir latte and since I write a blog on said internet and it seems like my livelihood depends on it… cabernet latte it is.
Other things that this syrup can be used for? Ummm… ice cream. Lots of it. Cocktails! Champagne cocktails too.
Eating by the spoon? I think it’s appropriate.
Next comes chocolate syrup. And then the hot espresso. I just use my Nespresso machine! That’s how I get steamed milk too.
Chopped chocolate tops it all off.
And if you’re wondering… cute little heart sprinkles are a must. Let’s drink nothing else.
- 3/4 cup cabernet sauvignon or your favorite red wine!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cabernet syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/4 cup steamed milk
- chopped chocolate for topping
- Combine the wine and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and bring the mixture to a simmer. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely. This keeps great in the fridge!
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cabernet syrup in the bottom of a mug. Add the chocolate syrup. Pour two shots of hot espresso over top and stir. (I just use my nepresso machine!) Add the steamed milk on top. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
Definitely living the best life.