1. TODAY is the DAY! The Pretty Dish is OUT! I’m waaaay emotional.
2. If someone sends me a text that ends with a period as punctuation (as opposed to a”!”), I’m convinced they hate me. Texting has ruined life for all of us.
3. I very much need these bourbon chocolate sugar cookies! OMG.
4. Please tell me you’ve seen these gigantic pool floats. I need one. But I have no where to put it.
5. TV! Okay, so American Idol auditions are kind of tearing me up! I find myself crying constantly and I’m only watching the show as background noise. I did really like the twist in Homeland this past week. And I’m SUPER excited for Billions to come back on this Sunday!
6. Super bummed that I didn’t end up seeing The Greatest Showman in theaters, but I think it comes on Apple TV today?! ALSO. Um. I, Tonya has been on there for a few weeks now and I can’t even tell you how many times Eddie and I have watched it again. We freaking love it. Allison Janney is everything.
7. Remember a few years ago when I went on a mission to love coffee and ended up (majorly) succeeding? I think I’m going to do that with tea now. My friend Rachel’s calming winter tea has me intrigued.
8. Because I’m convinced that when you just keep shoving something in your own face, you sort of start to like it. I mean, last night I made a broccoli dish for dinner and I’m super into that at the moment. Also, I don’t recognize myself. So there’s that.
9. Sharon Stone’s beauty regimen. I’m obsessed with reading things like this.
10. What was the first CD you ever owned? Mine was Alanis’s Jagged Little Pill.
26 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
I’m not sure how close you guys are to Bridgeville, but I was at the movie theater there on Saturday and they still have The Greatest Showman!
Can’t wait for my copy of The Pretty Dish to come – congratulations!!
Not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure either Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys (first album of either).
Mariah Carey – Butterfly! Haha
Congratulations on the book, it’s beautiful!
No Doubt’s Tragic Kingdom. I did have Jagged Little Pill…on cassette…purchased at the exact same time as Oasis’ “(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?”
I tried to force myself to love roasted cauliflower and it was TOTALLY working; but I ate it with my dinner so many times that I haven’t even been able to look at a cauliflower in 2 years. Just the thought of it makes me gag.
I’m fairly certain we got one of those mail-order CD packages with like 5 CDs for some low price (OMG the 90s were great) and while I can’t remember all of them, it was definitely Jagged Little Pill and Tragic Kingdom.
Congrats on The Pretty Dish! Yay! Made the chocolate crinkle sprinkle cookies last night – I have been CRAVING brownie cookies for weeks and a batch that makes 18 is so awesome. And DAMN, they are so good!!!
My first cd was also Alanis Jagged Little Pill! Ha ha.
Yes! Jagged Little Pill aaaaand the Lion king soundtrack… I think that says a lot about me? Congrats! I just got my copy today and cannot wait to dive it. It’s simply stunning! You can truly tell you love every recipe!
OMG, I am completely obsessed with The Greatest Showman. I saw it twice in theaters and have had the soundtrack on repeat ever since. SO GOOD. And as for first album, I think Third Eye Blind’s first album was the first actual CD I bought myself. I had Mariah, No Doubt, Alanis, and Green Day’s Dookie on cassette tapes, though! Definitely aging myself with that.
My first CDs were Janet Jackson-Rhythm Nation and the Boys II Men CD. Such classics. hahahaha
i cannot remember my first cd ? i know my first tape was a bon jovi one from my dad when i got my first “boom box”. which i then used to tape music off the radio at night. LOL. for some reason i feel like a celine dion cd was one of my first but i also loved alanis’ jagged little pill ! i totally had no idea what she was talking about on it but i loved it. i remember asking my parents what “go down on me in a theater meant” and they looked at me and said she meant someone fell ! wow you are making me laugh today.
The original spice girls CD lol #girlpower
Bon Jovi Bad Medicine. I’m from NJ, so that makes perfect sense.
I cannot wait for the Pretty Dish to arrive. I am sitting staring out my window waiting for UPS. WHERE ARE THEY???
My first CD was Color Me Badd!
If you love reading beauty profiles, I’m guessing you probably already read The Top Shelf on Into the Gloss—but leaving it here in a comment just in case you don’t. They are THE BEST.
That was my first CD too along with Bush’s Sixteen Stone. The 90s were the best!
I don’t remember the first CD I ever owned, however, I will never forget my 4th grade birthday party when my parents gifted me Britney Spears’ “Oops..I Did It Again” CD. I was OVER THE MOON excited. My friends and I all dressed up in my old dance costumes and be-bopped around to that album the rest of the night.
Mine was the Spice Girls first album!!! Still have it!
Omg my first CD was Mary J. Blige, What’s the 411… still one of my favorite albums of all time!
Jagged little pill for the win! Although I also got Coolio Gangster’s Paradise at the same time and I’m still not mad about it!
So with you on the use of exclamation points. I always immediately think people are mad. On the flip side, if my husband actually uses them I assume someone stole his phone lol!
I’m pretty sure I wore out my copy of Jagged Little Pill (has there been a better CD?!?) but I think my first CD was TLC Crazy Sexy Cool.
Also, super looking forward to this broccoli dish! I’ve loved broccoli forever.
I just received the new book yesterday from Amazon.
The book is beautiful and every recipe is well written and ones you would really make. I have about 200 cookbooks
and many have recipes you would never make. If anyone
does not have the orher book Seriously Delish get it, I
love it! Great job and thank you Jessica!!!!!!
I remember not having a CD player in the house for a very long time though my cousins’ had one. I think my first CDs were the Friends soundtrack, Jagged Little Pill, Tragic Kingdom, REM’s Monster, and Hootie and the Blowfish’s Cracked Rear View. OOh, and the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack.
OMG I love this!!! For Christmas one year I asked for a cd player and 2 cds. Mariah Carey’s Daydream and TLC’s Crazy Sexy Cool. Classics!!!
Just get the giant pool float for your front yard. Tell Max it’s a bouncy house.
Same, Jagged Little Pill. My mom hated when she sang “one hand flickin a cigarette.” Ha.
i’m also trying to get myself to like tea. i’ve tried and failed in the past to replace my coffee habit with a tea habit, but i need to accept i’m never giving up coffee, haha. i’m drinking my 1-2 cups first thing in the morning and then switching to tea. trader joe’s has a ruby red refresh tea that i really like! it